Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: My Wraith makes glitter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2015, 09:53 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default My Wraith makes glitter

Need some help from anyone running all metal trans. I just got my new SuperShafty bombproof trans and mounted my brand new HH puller pro brushless 3500kv to it with a robinson 12 tooth hardened steel pinion. Running 2s 25c and ESC is a Mamba Max Pro if that matters. After getting everything mounted, gear mesh set, ESC tuned, and a very short test run just to see if everything was operational I noticed a fair amount of glitter/metal dust on and around the motor pinion area. This was with maybe 5 minutes of taking it easy runtime. Is this normal? Is there a certain amount of break in these steel on steel gears have to go through since they are not lubed in any way? The last thing I want to do is grenade a $400 motor and trans because I didn't know about a simple step. Thanks for any help guys.

Last edited by SCREAMER; 06-25-2015 at 09:56 AM.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2015, 10:30 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: My Wraith makes glitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMER View Post
Need some help from anyone running all metal trans. I just got my new SuperShafty bombproof trans and mounted my brand new HH puller pro brushless 3500kv to it with a robinson 12 tooth hardened steel pinion. Running 2s 25c and ESC is a Mamba Max Pro if that matters. After getting everything mounted, gear mesh set, ESC tuned, and a very short test run just to see if everything was operational I noticed a fair amount of glitter/metal dust on and around the motor pinion area. This was with maybe 5 minutes of taking it easy runtime. Is this normal? Is there a certain amount of break in these steel on steel gears have to go through since they are not lubed in any way? The last thing I want to do is grenade a $400 motor and trans because I didn't know about a simple step. Thanks for any help guys.
mine did the same as the finish wore off the teeth of the spur. but check the mesh carefully at many points around the spur - it may be tighter in some places than others
Angus_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 10:49 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: My Wraith makes glitter

Thank you, that makes me feel a lot better! I did check several points and several times in the assembly process to make sure mesh was perfect. My stock trans was so out of round it was ridiculous. The SuperShafty bombproof is precision and smooth as silk. Mesh was consistent at every point. Everyone should have this transmission.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote

My Wraith makes glitter - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My wife wants actual "craft glitter" in the paint redsawacs Paint and Body 36 03-03-2014 10:05 AM
Xr10 wraith steering arms?? Who makes them? OFFROADRCKOREA Axial XR10 5 09-03-2013 04:21 PM
What makes the poison spyder wraith model longer? mr_wallace Axial Wraith 4 06-24-2013 08:28 AM
who on earth makes the lightbar for the Wraith?? SwampDawg Formula Offroad 5 07-11-2012 03:34 AM
who else makes steering links for the wraith?? william g Axial Wraith 3 10-28-2011 07:26 AM