Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: First RC crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2015, 03:29 PM   #1

Default First RC crawler

hey guys. pretty new to the rc world. so far my wraith has VP knuckles, VP steering, VP dig unit, VP motor guard, Holmes hobby torquemaster 540 and Holmes ESC, Raceline monster 2.2 beadlocks with crawler innovations pitbulls and foams, Blue monkey rc sliders, ax10 trans with metal gears all around. I run a spektrum dx4c with a 2 cell battery but might go over to a 3 cell. First trip out the stock steering servo went out in the first hill lol. luckily my buddy had a spare and i used that for the day. I ordered a Savox servo as an upgrade. After fixing that i got the wraith wedged in a rock and tried to use the dig and nothing. So my jeep offroading experience told me to floor it lol. i found out quick that the rc cars cant handle like real life situations. I ended up snapping my passenger side c hub. I am looking at upgrading to the VP c hubs in the near future. i went crawling with a few people and it was very cool. I cant wait to get mine fixed this week and go crawling this sunday. I definitley got hooked last weekend. wallet is gonna hate me but idc its too awesome to not wanna make the rig more capable and stronger. thanks all. if you all have any suggestions on upgrades let me know. the better i can make it handle the more happy ill be even tho i know its also the driver as well.

Last edited by Charlie1670; 07-07-2015 at 06:04 PM. Reason: forgot stuff haha.
Charlie1670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2015, 04:37 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: First RC crawler

Looks like you're on the right path. I'd suggest metal links and moving the battery to the front if your doing more crawling than not.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 04:39 PM   #3

i forgot to add that it has the battery forward mod, and it has metal lower links with stock uppers. changing the lowers tho. dont like it. i also sleeved my driveshafts too.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:53 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I just bought a new Wraith kit...
but it's no crawler IMO.
More like a basher - rock bouncer from what I've seen.

Well... at least the ones I've seen rolling
at my club's g2g's.

I'll hope I can gear it low enough to make it crawl tho'
'cause my wraith drive line/axles are getting installed
in my soon to exist, custom 1/6 scale Nylint conversion.

'cuz bigger gives me a woody

TacoCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 01:41 PM   #5

Yeh my plan is to make it an ultra 4 buggy. Upgrading axle parts and hostings next.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:28 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Hey Taco I got 2 wraiths that I built, the first one was a complete kit, the second Wraith was in parts off Ebay and I made a second one
kgb424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:03 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Now that I've completely torn down and rebuilt my Wraith several times while replacing almost every part with awesomeness, I will definitely get a kit next time. I want a Yeti XL or maybe another Wraith as a long term build with no budget awareness. Lol.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote

First RC crawler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Losi Micro Crawler Crawler-X SMC Plus Chassis Plus A Ton Of Stuff See Video stomper4x4.com Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 5 05-14-2012 01:31 AM
TXT Crawler.... Stone Cold Crawler... Full Tube Scale build RockSpyder Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut 6 12-14-2004 09:40 AM