Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: New crawler owner...wanted to say hello and then pester with questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2015, 08:13 PM   #1
MJE

Default New crawler owner...wanted to say hello and then pester with questions!

So I've been reading guides from Harley and the works...and slowly but surely putting myself in debt from adding items to cart to make my Wraith bomb proof. I recently picked up a Holmes Hobbies 16t Crawlmaster 540 and an 80a Torquemaster ESC, titanium links from Vanquish and G-Made shocks from a dream build and I have about 700 bucks more worth of stuff in a cart that I'm not sure about! Excited to try out the new hobby, hone my skills and push the truck to its limits with obstacle courses and rock crawling. Does anyone have examples of rock setups that I could build? And honestly I'm not sure if I've gotten the right motor esc setup. I also cannot find the Holmes Hobbies link for how to wire/solder from the ESC to the motor, the terminals do not have identifiers on them.

I've read several beginners guides etc...looking for specifics on what each of you would do in steps...or in completion. I already spent about 400ish on the truck since I got it last week. I have a high torque servo by Hitec and the motor/esc/links setup.

I also cannot find working links in the best build setup for driveshafts, hardened steel gears etc.

Thanks ahead of time!

Mike

Last edited by MJE; 07-27-2015 at 08:15 PM.
MJE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2015, 08:25 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New crawler owner...wanted to say hello and then pester with questions!

For universal front and rear driveshafts and HD differential gears go with Axial. They are upgrade parts and much better quality than what comes stock. For transmission parts you can also go with Axial or Robinson Racing or Hot Racing. Good choice on the servo and links.

Last edited by SCREAMER; 07-27-2015 at 08:34 PM.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 10:55 PM   #3

Default Re: New crawler owner...wanted to say hello and then pester with questions!

I put Axial Wraith vvd's in and bought upgraded steering servo and diffs waiting for things to break. Still have the servo and diffs sitting in the boxes. I beat the bag off this thing and it won't break! I even let my friend Kevin try it, and he couldn't break it, and he totals full scale vehicles all the time. Break it then build it, save your money.
islrcr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

New crawler owner...wanted to say hello and then pester with questions! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New owner... a few questions Pavmentsurfer Axial Yeti XL 15 04-11-2015 05:00 PM
New Owner with Questions photocycler Axial SCX-10 3 09-30-2014 02:53 PM
new wraith owner!! have questions. Tnc89 Axial Wraith 18 06-13-2014 07:59 PM
New AX-10 owner questions Trimmy Newbie General 4 12-28-2007 06:33 PM
New WK owner with questions RC_Feen HPI Wheely King 5 04-21-2007 09:11 PM