Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: The I'm a idiot build's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2015, 07:34 PM   #1

Default The I'm a idiot build's

I'm starting this build a little early because I want some criticism. And any ideas for other upgrades just because.

Little background on me. I like builds. I like building. To me it is almost more enjoyable then driving.
The reason behind the name is because I feel I am a idiot after buying a kit that I am pretty much going to rob everything off of.

Plans.
Purchased wraith spawn kit to build a more scale rig.
Already own ax10 deadbolt.

Going to swap the transmission/shocks/newer ar60s/and maybe even the spawn body onto the ax10. (Idiot I know)
Then I am going to be buying double's of mamba max pro/Tekin roc 412.

The wraith is going to be a full custom build.
Lots of Vanquish parts.
Hurtz dig/aluminum transmission/currie axles/frame mount servo. Yadda yadda.

That's pretty much the just sofar. This is going to take a little bit as this is suppose to be my winter build while I can't do much with my 1:1 during then.

Will upload some pictures as the parts start rolling in. Might even try my hand at recording my build for YouTube.
Jdlucasjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2015, 08:52 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: The I'm a idiot build's

im kinda wondering the point, but essentially you are refreshing the Deadbolt, and then going more custom/scale/realistic with the new wraith??

kinda makes sense.

subscribing to see what ya do with it.
klampykixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 09:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by klampykixx View Post
im kinda wondering the point, but essentially you are refreshing the Deadbolt, and then going more custom/scale/realistic with the new wraith??

kinda makes sense.

subscribing to see what ya do with it.
Yeah that's pretty much it. Originally I was going to sell the ax10 and kinda do a budget build on the wraith. However I have a 2yr old son who loves watching me play with the ax10 and feel if I refresh it enough for him when he understands how to control it I'll have a decent starter for him. Or when I go camping let my buddies play with it while I destroy every obstacle with the custom wraith
Old 09-08-2015, 08:59 AM   #4

So I came across a hop up kit for the wraith chassis looks like it's through asaintee or however it's spelled. I don't want a fI'll steel chassis but like the shock mounts and other braces. Is there kit a decent setup or is there something better for the money?

The I'm a idiot build's - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toyota Hilux, Tundra, and Pickup Build's Mad4Rnr General Scale Talk 330 02-17-2022 09:13 PM
Toyota FJ LandCruiser, and 4Runner Build's Mad4Rnr General Scale Talk 117 03-17-2019 06:18 PM
im an idiot krookedkrawler Venom Creeper 9 12-24-2011 09:42 AM