Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: First (second) wraith upgrades...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2015, 01:02 PM   #1

Default First (second) wraith upgrades...

Fishing for help with second round of upgrades to my spawn rtr kit.
Mods to date include rearranging electronics and mounting battery up front
Installed castle bec and axial aluminum wheel hex nuts just waiting on the aluminum wheel hubs now

I think the next thing I want to do is metal suspension and steering links BUT I've seen some stuff about yeti trailing arms on a wraith has anyone here done this and what brands are you all running for the parts?? I've been shopping top cad on Asia tee but hear mixed reviews...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2015, 01:36 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: First (second) wraith upgrades...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brotten View Post
Fishing for help with second round of upgrades to my spawn rtr kit.
Mods to date include rearranging electronics and mounting battery up front
Installed castle bec and axial aluminum wheel hex nuts just waiting on the aluminum wheel hubs now

I think the next thing I want to do is metal suspension and steering links BUT I've seen some stuff about yeti trailing arms on a wraith has anyone here done this and what brands are you all running for the parts?? I've been shopping top cad on Asia tee but hear mixed reviews...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't been impressed with topcad stuff. My friend is running some of their stuff. The aluminum is very soft. Stick with vanquish or strc.
68_f100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 03:25 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

ssd or blue monkey rc also do nice link sets. Pretty sure RRP stocks both the brands.

I would suggest having a look at my thread. I'm taking delivery of my spawn today and asked a similar question about a week ago. Definitely recommend checking it out it covers a few bases. When doing links you will want to upgrade your servo also if you can afford.

Another free mod is the body tuck.

Check out my thread at:

First wraith build. Looking for suggestions.
Slayso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:21 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I personally am running blue monkey rc titanium upper links and their trailing arm lower links. I run the trailing arms in the front and rear. Some people don't like it but it works well for my style. VP links would be a great choice too if you dont want to run th trailing arm set up. I definitely recommend the VP steering links, my BMRC steering link contacted my diff cover and I didn't like that at all. But I was running aftermarket diff covers too so that could be the issue as well. It's all preferrence I think in this hobby. Some of it is trial and error too so be prepared to spend some money on a few different set ups until you find the best one for your style.
mr.rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 05:18 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

I have TCS links on my wraith they take a beating and are cheap... They do bind some but if you take some time and work on them you can get rid of the binding. Kind of comes with the price I guess. But over all I am happy with them.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote