Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: My project build Blackout

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2015, 10:43 AM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: My project build Blackout

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMER View Post
Just noticed you're running your diff cover upside down. Is that to clear the tierod at full lock? I was looking to get a couple of these covers which is why I ask. This build just keeps getting better. I vote you should definitely build a BGR chassis'd 2.2 because I can't.

They run upside down because of the ring gear. I could flip them and run the motor in reverse but I thought I would try and be a little different lol. I've been in contact with Bill at BGR and we are talking about some chassis options and different things. He is backed up pretty good so it maybe a while. Also talking with Matzilla chassis about a Wraithzilla chassis.
68_f100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2015, 10:52 AM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Nice. I'm really wanting to build one of those Mattzilla Mantises or the U4 chassis he has with 2.2s. I have 2 other builds going at the moment and my Wraith which is constantly evolving. I need to stop trying to build 3 at once and just focus on one at a time but these parts just keep finding me.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 06:30 PM   #63
Quarry Creeper

Well shit this scale hardware sucks. I have never seen bolts round off so easy. I didn't use hardly any pressure or loctight installing these but they are not coming out. And one of the acorn studs twisted off not to mention 3 or 4 were not threaded right out of the bag. I even bought the tools from LU. What a pain in the ass.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:57 PM   #64
Quarry Creeper

I'm trying to think of a reason not to pull the VP axles I have now and install a set of Curries and XD795's. Anyone talk me out of it lol.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:37 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Nope. You should go for it and send those VP axles to me.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:31 AM   #66
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68_f100 View Post
Well shit this scale hardware sucks. I have never seen bolts round off so easy. I didn't use hardly any pressure or loctight installing these but they are not coming out. And one of the acorn studs twisted off not to mention 3 or 4 were not threaded right out of the bag. I even bought the tools from LU. What a pain in the ass.
Interesting....I've never had any issue with mine and they went into Gearhead Aluminum wheels & hubs. Maybe just a bad batch? Shoot Patrick an email and see if he can help ya' out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68_f100 View Post
I'm trying to think of a reason not to pull the VP axles I have now and install a set of Curries and XD795's. Anyone talk me out of it lol.
Don't do it. Curries are nice, but overrated in my book. If you want great axles....have Dlux build you one of his 1808 axles!
Sh0rtBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:42 PM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0rtBus View Post
Interesting....I've never had any issue with mine and they went into Gearhead Aluminum wheels & hubs. Maybe just a bad batch? Shoot Patrick an email and see if he can help ya' out.

Don't do it. Curries are nice, but overrated in my book. If you want great axles....have Dlux build you one of his 1808 axles!
Yeah, because at $700 all you can afford is one. They use Overrated Currie housings btw.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:42 PM   #68
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell72 View Post
Could you give me a list of the bgr stuff you used
Lol damn Mitchell!! Mine I sold you weren't enough?? Wait I hope you were the one who purchased all my BGR stuff. I know you got those ultra slick orange limited edition VP 1.9 SLW's. Btw how's the build bro?

My BGR items were:
Front shock tower
Front trailbar bumper no winch mount
Rear shock tower
V1 sliders
Custom ordered one piece fastback cage with V window support, integrated rear bumper to support the spare tire mount and if course the spare tire mount

BGR did a great job too bad I never had the time to finish the rig up.

photo z05.jpg
 photo null-53.jpg
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote

My project build Blackout - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Redcat Blackout a good starter for kid? derekstadnick Non Crawler RC's 4 09-11-2015 09:20 PM
Are you ready for the Internet blackout? CrawlinMike Chit Chat 55 07-20-2012 10:14 PM
Blackout Crawln Coles Tamiya CR-01 12 07-20-2008 08:41 PM