Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Looking for advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2015, 09:35 AM   #1

Default Looking for advice

I'm thinking about give my 3 year old son my Wraith for Xmas. I am thinking about putting 2.8 tires and rims to widen the vehicle for stability and changing the motor to a 45 turn or 55 turn to keep the speed slow while he learns. The wraith started out as a kit version so it has some upgrades out of the box. Is there anything else that I should switch for him, not wanting to add any aluminum because the plastic gives. I am going to make the truck look like a ninja turtle vehicle with figures inside.
McCune is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2015, 10:11 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Looking for advice

I would do Robinson tranny gears and mip's. Kids love to go forward and hit reverse fast and get it in a bind and not let off. Lol Or u could just switch you esc to have a pause in between and loosen the slipper.
AWraith build is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 02:23 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I second the tranny gear upgrade. Axial and hot racing offer the whole set for a decent price. I could never get the plastic gears to mesh properly or spin true.
I say leave everything else stock; links, driveshafts, all of it. A 55t on 2s sounds good. With the slipper set a little looser, the little one shouldnt be able to break anything. You'll still probably want a decent servo if youre gonna use 2.8's. If i were to build the absolute cheapest truck possible, the single biggest chunk of the budget would probably be the servo.
DeviledEggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 02:46 PM   #4

Fixing breakage would be a great bonding experience.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Caswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 05:21 PM   #5

It will be great to take him out and play with his own truck. He is my shadow as it is, but this is just an excuse to build him a fun toy. If I built him up mine that means I probably should build myself a new one haha.
McCune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 08:05 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Great idea, I had my son driving an SCX-10 before he was able to ride a bike. My biggest problem was letting him run wild with my futaba 4pks. I had a Spektrum d3 laying around from my Losi 8 Truggy RTR though and just added that radio to his scx10. Made sure to lower the top end speed and throttle curve so that he didn't tear ass all over creation and break everything in site while doing so. So yea, all the other ideas plus make him a stymied throttle curve and top end maybe? He had started with a fisher price RC or something else that was cheap and easy first as well.
avoidsthelight is offline   Reply With Quote

Looking for advice - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
needs some help or advice.... thanks TRAV Electronics 10 03-21-2013 12:21 PM
Advice Davenportdiesel Newbie General 2 02-19-2012 09:27 AM
need some advice ManiacMagoo Electronics 1 05-15-2010 07:15 PM
New - need some advice MrGrimxX 1.9 Scale Rigs 2 01-04-2009 09:34 AM