Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith steers sharper in reverse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2015, 08:45 PM   #1

Default Wraith steers sharper in reverse

Has anyone had trouble with their wraith turning sharper when held at full lock in reverse. I set my steering end points so my wheels still have some clearance from the lower links which works fine going forward but when I reverse my wheels oversteer for some reason and catch on the lower links.

I just snapped a axial universal at the joint last outing too I'm thinking this may be the reason.

I don't know if its the universals causing the problem or the castor on the c-hubs??? any ideas?
matt.h is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2015, 12:22 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Wraith steers sharper in reverse

It's probably just the rod ends on the steering links developing play. Put it on the bench and turn to full lock then see if you can turn the inside wheel more with your hand. You'll see the slack in the rod end from where the servo pushes the wheel to where it can ultimately move due to the play in the rod end. Mine does the same thing and it's noticeably worse after rough crawling sessions. You can replace the rod ends, adjust the servo endpoints accordingly or move the lower links to the inside of the link mounts. I replace the ends on my steering and lower links every couple of months, mostly because I hate slop. Get some Traxxas 5347 rod ends, they last longer than anything else I've tried
mikebecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 03:00 AM   #3

Just checked the rod ends don't have any play. I think I have traxxas rod ends already cos I believe that's what comes on the vanquish links and steering arms which is what I'm running.

There is a lot of play when I grab my wheels though I can move them around a lot which I think is from the universals in the bearings where they go through the knuckles and the universal joint itself. The bearings aren't that old though. I'm also having a problem where my wheel nuts keep coming loose only since I went brushless so maybe it's a combination of things.

Really bugging my ocd though I hate slop also and nothing that is obvious seems like it has enough play for the wheels to move as far as they do when reversing. Servo is a hitec 7954 so should be up to the task of holding the wheels too.
matt.h is offline   Reply With Quote

Wraith steers sharper in reverse - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
truck steers when in reverse and full throttle problem bro_die Axial SCX-10 3 07-08-2011 04:20 PM
Only steers to the left??? Benjitis Electronics 6 07-02-2009 12:02 AM
steers but wont move????? rubiweeler Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 13 12-27-2008 09:54 AM
x trail rear steers bad Atchley Axial AX-10 Scorpion 6 06-20-2008 08:15 AM
No longer steers right MilesToEmpty General Crawlers 2 02-05-2006 12:08 AM