Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith spawn kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2015, 05:01 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Wraith spawn kit

I see the kit is $280 at tower hobbies is that to good of a deal to pass up as I plan on a wraith build after I finish a scx10 and alsi would it be better to buy an rtr wraith would it save money in the long run?
Mitchell72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2015, 06:48 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Wraith spawn kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell72 View Post
I see the kit is $280 at tower hobbies is that to good of a deal to pass up as I plan on a wraith build after I finish a scx10 and alsi would it be better to buy an rtr wraith would it save money in the long run?
Poison Spyder rtr is 399 and they have 70$ off orders of 399 or more. Thats 330 RTR.
68_f100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 07:09 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Since anyone who stays in the hobby ends up replacing the stock RTR servo, motor, upgrading the front axle to universals, getting beadlocks, it will always be cheaper in the long run to get a Kit.

Towers super saver deals combined with the Axial sale makes a kit something like 245. I don't even need another wraith as I haven't finished assembling my TF2, but that might be too good of a deal to pass up on.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 07:20 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatmonkey View Post
Since anyone who stays in the hobby ends up replacing the stock RTR servo, motor, upgrading the front axle to universals, getting beadlocks, it will always be cheaper in the long run to get a Kit.

Towers super saver deals combined with the Axial sale makes a kit something like 245. I don't even need another wraith as I haven't finished assembling my TF2, but that might be too good of a deal to pass up on.
X2 I wish I would of known this when I just started.
TheBigRigger122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 08:16 PM   #5
Slow is the new Fast

If I am unfamiliar with the vehicle in question, the RTR always intrigues me simply because I am curious how it run out of the box and I like getting the Tx/Rx. That said, I prefer building my vehicle and know I will eventually go with better electronics so the Kits are a smarter buy. My collection has ended up a mix of RTR's and kits as a result.

I am likely the only one who cares to have a Transmitter for each vehicle, but I would be thrilled if the manufacturers would just chuck a Tx/Rx in with the kits and bump up the price a couple of bucks...

Good luck with your choice OP :-)
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 08:20 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatmonkey View Post

Looking back I wish I would have just bought the skid plate. That's about all thats left of my kit lol.
68_f100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 02:58 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

In some cases, an RTR can be a good deal. A good example of that is the RTR SCX10 Deadbolt, which is what I entered the scale scene with, last year. I had actually bought a Jeep Unlimited kit about 4 months prior, but knew I wasn't going to get around to it soon enough, so in order to enjoy the remainder of summer, I sprung for the Deadbolt. I am still running the stock Tactic TSX45 servo, and I've put some serious miles on it. Out of the box, it mostly just needed metal steering links and weighted beadlocks. The suspension links lasted a few months, which wasn't too bad.

Recently, I was able to get the Wraith Spawn on a good sale. I had been considering an RTR AX10 Deadbolt, but there were too many pieces of that truck that I would have either thrown away or had to spend time reselling. I chose the Wraith kit, as it was a better deal. I like that, compared to the RTR, it comes with a fully flared Spawn body, because I'm going to use that on an SCX10, and will take my old RTR Deadbolt body and make it fit my Wraith. Eventually, I'll probably get traditional Wraith panels. I also have sufficient electronics for another truck, the kit was more practical. Even so, now that I've gotten some experience, I would still get the Wraith kit.
johnnyluv is offline   Reply With Quote

Wraith spawn kit - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wraith Spawn Kit Build Up tc1 Axial Wraith 34 01-20-2018 01:47 AM
Yeti kit or Wraith Spawn kit? The Dark Knight Axial Yeti 3 09-25-2015 09:09 AM
Wraith spawn kit electronics? Mikael Axial Wraith 6 06-13-2015 12:27 PM
New Wraith Spawn Kit mikl Axial Wraith 9 05-26-2015 09:02 AM