Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Axial rr10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2015, 08:56 PM   #901
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Axial rr10

Messing around in the shop tonight, but had to take a few minutes and unbox this awesome little buggy. Long time fan of Axial products and this one doesn't disappoint.

elbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2015, 01:18 AM   #902

I just got mine and I love how it looks. it's a pretty awesome rig! Even thow i dint run it... i just started taking it all apart to put all the upgrades I got just for this thing... although one thing Im not to happy about is I dismounted the bfg baja tires off the walker wheels to mount on the vanquish method beadlocks and these tires are not beadlock friendly at all! The bead lip on the tire is alot thicker then Axials bfg krawler tire.. really would suck if they come out with this tire and you can't even put them on a beadlock wheel. Going to look into turning down the inner clamp ring some and see if that works. Just really disappointed that they came out with a tire like this that won't work with beadlock wheels seems like a wast of an awsome tire.. but other then that can't wait to finish putting this rig back together and actually run it haha..
02XLTRANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 03:01 AM   #903
Quarry Creeper

Ok, my RR10 was here when I got home. Very cool car. I was gonna post a few pics. But not sure what I could picture that aint been covered. I will however say that it is awsome to just look at. The ground clearance is very tall. Deffinitly going to be a blast.
luckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 07:03 AM   #904
Quarry Creeper

Someone had asked about the yeti sway bar. It fits fine. A Bomber specific kit will definitely have shorter links to the axle. Rear sway bar is a must as others have said.

There is a 5200 3s tucked up front. I like the balance of the car. I'm going to go through it and grease everything before its maiden voyage. I've got a spare stock yeti brushless setup, so I might as well throw that in while I'm in there.
elbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 07:22 AM   #905
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbo View Post
Someone had asked about the yeti sway bar. It fits fine. A Bomber specific kit will definitely have shorter links to the axle. Rear sway bar is a must as others have said.

There is a 5200 3s tucked up front. I like the balance of the car. I'm going to go through it and grease everything before its maiden voyage. I've got a spare stock yeti brushless setup, so I might as well throw that in while I'm in there.
I put the stock Yeti brushless set-up in mine, running a 2600 g3 Hyperion, and holy smokes, it moves. I even put a 12t pinion on to keep temps down.

Definitely needs sways. Possibly 90mm shock as well. It sits really high for that amount of speed with the brushless set-up.
tedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 07:42 AM   #906
RCC Addict

Here's my early initial thoughts.

1. Stock set-up is a great crawler setup. What would one expect with a 35T.
2. Sits pretty high.
3. Working on it is super simple.

What I've done:
1. Ripped out the stock electronics and put in the stock Yeti brushless system (had it laying around).

2. Mounted a 1 inch Gearhead light bar to the front bumper. fits like a glove with no mounting brackets. Had to ziptie the light bar in as I figure out a mounting system. The existing mounting system hits the servo at full compression.

3. Had some old Mugen rear buggy shocks (with wheely king soft springs) that I put on the rear. They are not a permanent solution, but definitely help the softness of the stock rear.

4. Vanquish steering setup with a 7955 servo (old faithfulls...)

5. adjusted my futaba radio's "acceleration forward" so it can creep along even with the non-sensored brushless system.

Over-all, it is pretty damn sweet. Going to install a sway bar, and look into tuning the suspension a little bit more. Will get more drive time this evening.

It's not as big as people think. It's basically the same size as my class 3 buggy.

tedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:01 AM   #907
Rock Crawler

Strange that some people haven't gotten a shipping confirmation yet. I pre ordered mine from Tower on Nov 12th I think and it showed up yesterday. Its fun to drive! Definitely needs some shock tuning, sway bar and more speed though, as has been stated. I'll refrain from posting pictures since most everyones look the same at this point
generalee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:42 AM   #908
Pebble Pounder

i ordered mine thanksgiving day and it will be here friday.
Nicolasmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:06 AM   #909
Rock Crawler

I preordered on the 9th and still nothing.
rc2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:06 AM   #910
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalee7 View Post
Strange that some people haven't gotten a shipping confirmation yet. I pre ordered mine from Tower on Nov 12th I think and it showed up yesterday. Its fun to drive! Definitely needs some shock tuning, sway bar and more speed though, as has been stated. I'll refrain from posting pictures since most everyones look the same at this point
What I found strange was that I pre-ordered mine. And was waiting for it to ship when they had them in stock. I got tired of that and just ordered one from them with they showed up in stock, it will be here on Wed. So I was able to order one and get it shipped before the one I pre-ordered in the middle of the month was shipped. Needless to say I canceled my pre-order.
Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:12 AM   #911
Im Brandon

The Yeti and RR10 rear sway bars are almost identical. Biggest difference is the length of the link to the axle.

The first batch of AX31331 RR10 Sway Bars did not include instructions, but they are available online here: http://docs.axialracing.com/instruct...ay_Bar_Set.pdf

The length of that link can be modified with the components in the kit to suit a wide range of ride heights, but the suggested length in step 3 is ideal for the stock setup.

Step 3:
Attached Images

Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 11:05 AM   #912
Rock Crawler

@tedo

It def looks better and even more scale, sitting a bit lower.
Jay-Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 12:41 PM   #913
Rock Crawler

Pretty stoked to get the suspension on this truck working good. There are no less than 1,000 ways to tune this thing given all the shock mounting options.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:25 PM   #914

I tested what battery would be a perfect fit.....

IMO the perfect battery is an SPC 3s 5000 mAh battery.

It fits very snug and is a very good battery.

[IMG]
[/IMG]

Last edited by forestbumpr; 12-01-2015 at 03:02 PM.
forestbumpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 02:09 PM   #915
Rock Crawler

I shoved a 5000mah 3s 20?C Venom battery in the truck last night at the hobby store. Like you said, its a tight fit but works. Hard case would work too but you'll have to drop down to 2s or a lower mah rating. My buddy bought a 6400mah 3s from Tower since thats what they "suggested". He was bummed to find that it doesn't fit
Old 12-01-2015, 02:10 PM   #916
Rock Crawler

Also jumped my truck off a 3 foot tall ledge and the truck noses down a bit. Might need more wheel speed to control it.
Old 12-01-2015, 02:22 PM   #917
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestbumpr View Post
I tested what battery would be a perfect fit.....

IMO the perfect battery is an SPC 3s 5000 mAh battery.
Got dimensions on that pack? SPC doesn't seem to have it listed on their site anymore.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 02:35 PM   #918
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalee7 View Post
I shoved a 5000mah 3s 20?C Venom battery in the truck last night at the hobby store. Like you said, its a tight fit but works. Hard case would work too but you'll have to drop down to 2s or a lower mah rating. My buddy bought a 6400mah 3s from Tower since thats what they "suggested". He was bummed to find that it doesn't fit
The suggested battery on tower is a 3S 5000mah pack, it fits well

TowerHobbies.com | Duratrax Onyx LiPo 3S 11.1V 5000mAh 25C Soft Case Star
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 02:38 PM   #919
RCC Addict

Super late to the forum party, but I can't wait to get my hands on one of these! Going to start massing parts now...
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 02:43 PM   #920
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
The suggested battery on tower is a 3S 5000mah pack, it fits well

TowerHobbies.com | Duratrax Onyx LiPo 3S 11.1V 5000mAh 25C Soft Case Star
Yea but if you go to the RR10 page, the 6400 comes up under "regularly purchased together". No worries, he got it figured out

Axial rr10 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fun day at the (axial wraith rock race - scalers axial honcho - axial discovery) gionata78 Scale Videos! 1 08-06-2013 11:52 AM