Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Correct wheel caster for Wraith?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2015, 11:45 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Correct wheel caster for Wraith?

I installed a pair of Vanquish steering knuckles last night on my son's Wraith and I had to move the c-hub's one notch forward (neutral caster) so the steering rod wouldn't hit the servo.

The tires really dig into the ground when turning causing the truck to uncomfortably skip at full turn. I've noticed this even when it was all stock and the c-hubs where at positive caster.

Has anyone got this dialed in on their Wraith?

I'm thinking about putting a Vanquish TI steering rod on there and just going back to positive caster but I don't know if it would be much better or not.
Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2015, 11:55 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Correct wheel caster for Wraith?

if you have the stock steering linkage or even some aftermarket linkage you may have issues lining everything up while using the vanquish knuckles. I'd use the vanquish links, I do.

The Tie Rod will take a lot of punnishment, at least mine do, and the strong Ti will help deal with the damage and keep asking for more. I have the C hubs rotated all the way and keep the Tie rod as high as possible
Thechewmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 11:58 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Correct wheel caster for Wraith?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thechewmaster View Post
if you have the stock steering linkage or even some aftermarket linkage you may have issues lining everything up while using the vanquish knuckles. I'd use the vanquish links, I do.

The Tie Rod will take a lot of punnishment, at least mine do, and the strong Ti will help deal with the damage and keep asking for more. I have the C hubs rotated all the way and keep the Tie rod as high as possible
Thanks man! Love your name btw haha

I'll pickup those vanquish ti steering links and go from there.

Last edited by Digital; 12-01-2015 at 03:03 PM.
Digital is offline   Reply With Quote

Correct wheel caster for Wraith? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Correct SLW Wheel Hub for 1.9 DLux on SCX10 G6 Joshwaa Axial SCX-10 7 04-13-2015 08:08 PM
Correct wheel wideners for Proline Series 40 wheels. ToTheMAXXcrawler Tamiya Clod Buster 2 08-31-2009 05:33 PM
Question about front & rear caster on a custom rock-crawler with 4-wheel steering... Chadworkz General Crawlers 6 11-22-2008 11:44 PM