Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: RR10 Dedicated Sub Forum Needed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2015, 07:48 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default RR10 Dedicated Sub Forum Needed

Hello Admins. Can you please create the RR10 sub forum and move the almost a dozen and growing number of threads to this RR10 sub forum?
relay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2015, 09:03 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: RR10 Dedicated Sub Forum Needed

Why?
Axle tech is same as Wraith
Motor tech is same
Shock tech is the same
Info is easily found under Wraith or using search.
Trans & rear arms is easy found from Yeti.
What does another sub forum actually achieve?
Honest question, not stirring, I'm missing the point & trying to catch up.
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 09:36 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Why not? It's easy to add a subforum. Then you can have a separate picture thread also instead of it being lumped into wraith/yeti pics

Cheers,
Wade
Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 10:04 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by altd896 View Post
Why?
Motor tech is same
Shock tech is the same
ax-10/deadbolt/ridgecrest got its own forum and they are wraith axles
Nicolasmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 10:06 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by altd896 View Post
Why?
Motor tech is same
Shock tech is the same
As duuuuude had said previously different chassis = different sub forum. Following your logic why don't we have posts in the yeti section for the rr10 too? It's got many of the same parts as the yeti. Or for that matter why have any different sub forums at all? Shoot even further why even use the website at all? Google can search all posts on all web sites on the Internet!
Old 12-05-2015, 10:26 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

It's coming guys.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 10:41 AM   #7
RCC Addict

It's simple, the RR10 is not a wraith. All these builds should be in the 1.9 or 2.2 sections till there is a sub forum for the RR10..
TAT76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 12:13 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Either way im good
Thechewmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 04:24 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

The purpose of sub forums is to have the ability to browse, not search, the latest discussion of topics in one place. You click on the sub forum and the latest active threads are shown and also display view count response count etc etc. Users aren't 's always searching for something specific but rather wanting to see what is being talked about. This also allows users to simply post a thread that is titled "problem with rear sway bar" and it is understood we are talking about the rear sway bar of the RR10 or whatever other rig sub forum it is posted in. If someone now posts "problem with rear sway bar" in a combined Wraith/RR10 thread I'd need to click into the thread to find out what rig they were talking about. The physics of how a rear sway bar affect an RC with a completely different chassis and front end than another will be specific to that rig. If there is going to be no RR10 sub forum then there shouldn't be any sub forums by product chassis. If there is going to be an RR10 sub forum, it should already have been created before all of these posts started showing up and being sprinkled throughout the various other sub forums.
Old 12-06-2015, 06:42 PM   #10
RCC Addict

I'll preface this by saying I don't see this as "argument" with a right & wrong, just different ways of looking at the same situation.
Any comments I've made below are merely my alternate view based on how I use the forum, doesn't make me right or anyone else wrong, I just find it
interesting to see the different approaches to how people use the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade View Post
Why not? It's easy to add a subforum. Then you can have a separate picture thread also instead of it being lumped into wraith/yeti pics
Cheers,
Wade
I don't know, is it easy to add just another subforum? Does it take more server space, more bandwidth, more other weird computer talk, I don't know?
I do know it's then one more forum at least 1 moderator has to keep track of.

I do agree if nothing else a sticky for RR10 pics would be required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolasmj View Post
ax-10/deadbolt/ridgecrest got its own forum and they are wraith axles
They get separate forum cos in Axials wisdom they called 2 different models an AX10 while the only thing they shared was a trans.
The AX10 is more comp crawler than scale crawler/racer like the Wraith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relay1 View Post
As duuuuude had said previously different chassis = different sub forum.
I think thats a guide not a law.
If that was the case there'd be a dozen different sub forums for each comp crawler chassis, which would be stupid.

Quote:
Following your logic why don't we have posts in the yeti section for the rr10 too?
Could do but to be realistic it has less in common with the Yeti than it does the Wraith

Quote:
The purpose of sub forums is to have the ability to browse, not search, the latest discussion of topics in one place.
You click on the sub forum and the latest active threads are shown and also display view count response count etc etc.
Users aren't 's always searching for something specific but rather wanting to see what is being talked about.
It must just be me but I don't see how that matters which forum its in.
The latest posts are at the top regardless.
What them being in the same sub forum does do to my thinking is it links the common parts, people just browsing that are new to Axial products will
see there is a bulk of common parts & be able to see where existing Wraith parts carry over & can be used knuckles/c-hubs/spools etc

Quote:
This also allows users to simply post a thread that is titled "problem with rear sway bar" and it is understood we are talking about the rear sway bar
of the RR10 or whatever other rig sub forum it is posted in. If someone now posts "problem with rear sway bar" in a combined Wraith/RR10 thread
I'd need to click into the thread to find out what rig they were talking about.
Again it must just be me being an old fart, I don't see how having a sub forum justifies thread titles that aren't accurate, just put the right title on it &
be done with it, it doesn't cost by the word to post.

Quote:
The physics of how a rear sway bar affect an RC with a completely different chassis and front end than another will be specific to that rig.
This is exactly why it doesn't belong in the Yeti section.
I'll concede I don't have a Bomber in my hands atm but do have a Wraith & UCFab 2.2 U4RC Trophy rig (custom skid not Wraith & rear trailing arms), both
different chassis but I took a lot of what works on the Trophy from posts about Wraiths.
I'll admit I may be wrong, but having closely looked at the chassis layouts I doubt very very much that the a similar set up Wraith & RR10 handle that much differently,
the difference being the RR10 comes rtr at the level a lot of Wraiths get mod'd to.

Quote:
If there is going to be no RR10 sub forum then there shouldn't be any sub forums by product chassis. If there is going to be an RR10 sub forum,
it should already have been created before all of these posts started showing up and being sprinkled
throughout the various other sub forums.
As I said above, I don't think its a law or anything that there has to be a sub forum for each chassis, hell comp crawlers are usually only ever referred to by axle type,
AX10/XR10/Berg/AR60

I have no doubt there'll be an RR10 sub forum, I just don't have my undies all up in a bunch cos it's not here yet.

Then we can have a whole new sub forum full of the age old questions
"Whats a good locker for my RR10?"
"Can I use these diff gears in my RR10?"
"Purple Integy trailing arms & knuckles, I just bought some, are they any good?"
"Bought the HotRacing steering kit, it's broken after 5 minutes, what should I do?"
"What motor should I buy?"
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 11:22 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

I'm going to go on strike and I am not posting until a RR10 sub-forum is created!!! lol Just kidding, I can't stay away from this drug they call RCC!!!
bilinvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 06:03 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

rc2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 06:54 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

I vote we ban the moderators!
GLHS592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 06:57 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

There out running their new Bombers. I know creating a sub-forum is super complicated, lol.
rc2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 07:37 AM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc2000 View Post
There out running their new Bombers. I know creating a sub-forum is super complicated, lol.
I think maybe it's job security. The longer they wait the more time they'll need to spend moving all existing threads throughout different sub forums of the site over to the dedicated RR10 sub forum. See, if they created it the day it was announced they would have had to click a button that said "New Sub Forum" and Title in "Axiall RR10." Can you imagine how little work that would've been?? Tney must be paid hourly.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:39 AM   #16
RCC Addict

This is funny. The RR10....is a Wraith...that happens to have Yeti trailing ams....and a spiffy new cage.

Also there are quite a few trailing armed Wraiths already in the Wraith thread, you RR10 guys can get some setup advice from them. Solid axle with trailing arms aint a new concept
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 11:01 AM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottorque View Post
This is funny. The RR10....is a Wraith...that happens to have Yeti trailing ams....and a spiffy new cage.

Also there are quite a few trailing armed Wraiths already in the Wraith thread, you RR10 guys can get some setup advice from them. Solid axle with trailing arms aint a new concept
I could be wrong, but doesn't the RR10 also have a Yeti trans?

I doubt that I'll get an RR10 to be honest, but I do think a separate subforum for it would be easier than wading through hundreds of Wraith threads to find one for the RR10. Lately the RR10 threads have topped the Wraith subforum list, but once the newness wears off, you'll have to dig to find them. And besides....isn't the Wraith being discontinued?

Last point....yeah, the RR10 shares Wraith axles and power plant, but because of the new chassis, suspension geometry will be different, gearing will be different due to the difference in trans, etc. etc. Making a separate subforum just makes more sense to me. But then again, my Wraith is no longer a Wraith so....
Sh0rtBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 11:09 AM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMER View Post
It's coming guys.
where is it?
ussprinceton2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 12:03 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

EeePee already said the RR10 would get a sub forum after its release. They're gonna do it on their own time. Not when mister newbie new jack jumps up and says, "Where the f¥€k is our new RR10 forum, cmon mods get off your lazy asses and do what I want right now!!!". These guys aren't paid to moderate. These forums are something they do in their spare time to try and enjoy and help us enjoy the hobby better. Just be patient, we all know an RR10 forum is coming but until then we can still post and enjoy. It's not like they're deleting every RR10 post because it's in the wrong forum.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 12:22 PM   #20
TSK
Shelf queen

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial...ml#post5343578

These damn newbie newbs I tell you!
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote

RR10 Dedicated Sub Forum Needed - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial rr10 ptaryan654 Axial RR10 Bomber 1319 06-10-2018 08:06 AM
Trying out parts from the RR10 Chiphead Axial Yeti 7 11-24-2015 11:01 AM
Axial RR10?? skybolt Chit Chat 12 11-09-2015 09:05 AM
Now that's a dedicated do it yourselfer........ BJoe Chit Chat 9 08-30-2012 10:11 PM