Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith vp Currie axle stock parts work?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2016, 07:39 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Wraith vp Currie axle stock parts work?

Getting my wraith roller in and going to install Currie front axle. Can I just install my stock parts on or do I really need more VP parts such as knuckles and vp lockers to make it work?
Blinkfan5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2016, 08:13 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Wraith vp Currie axle stock parts work?

Stock parts should work fine.
There are strength improvements in changing C-hubs, knuckles & locker, but if they're out side your current budget you can fit what you've got & change them out later.
To be honest it makes more sense to me to spend that on good C, knuckle, locker first than the housing, but then it's not my truck so it's only what makes sense to you that really matters, I'd have just done it the other way round.

Last edited by altd896; 03-04-2016 at 08:18 PM.
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 09:05 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by altd896 View Post
Stock parts should work fine.
There are strength improvements in changing C-hubs, knuckles & locker, but if they're out side your current budget you can fit what you've got & change them out later.
To be honest it makes more sense to me to spend that on good C, knuckle, locker first than the housing, but then it's not my truck so it's only what makes sense to you that really matters, I'd have just done it the other way round.
No doubt. Drop some big bearing d lux housings with his modded big bearing VP knuckles and clamping C's and you'll have a solid combination. Heck even in stock form the housing will outlast the plastic C's and knuckles that he's putting on a blingtastic alloy housing.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:28 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

You know you guys are right. Stock housings is pretty sturdy and durable. This build is getting over budget I think I'm sticking to stock housing for now. Thanks.
Blinkfan5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 09:05 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

It's the snowball effect, trust me I get it. If you do the setup I outlined in my above post you'll be out about $100 and have a damned strong set of axles that will hold up to mucho stupidity.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 05:01 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkfan5150 View Post
You know you guys are right. Stock housings is pretty sturdy and durable. This build is getting over budget I think I'm sticking to stock housing for now. Thanks.
haha I know what your feeling, it's so easy to get sucked in by stuff like the Currie housings they're just so nicely made.
Have so often been on RPP or somewhere adding stuff to the cart & then go look at the total, 3/4 of it comes back out & narrow it down to just what's required not what I "need"
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote

Wraith vp Currie axle stock parts work? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vanquish Currie axle vs stock performance uclabruins89 Axial SCX-10 3 07-05-2013 01:18 AM