Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: My Poison Spyder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2016, 04:52 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default My Poison Spyder

Okay so last week broke down and bought a poison spyder wraith. Along with it from my lhs came the vanquish 10 pc link set, and of course the dean's connectors.

How she started.

VP links

Took it out once the links were one and noticed two things. 1. Not enough steering radius (new servo will help) 2. The front end didn't seem locked. So I went back home and tore open the front axle to find 2 things, 1. Lost a pin for the hub, and 2. The axle shafts had slipped a bit. Seeing as how I couldn't get back to my lhs before they closed I waited till the next day.

Went in and got the VP universals, and the new incision spool/locker. Got them installed nice and easily.

VVD'S

Sorry didn't snap a shot of the locker. Flash forward to today. Got slw hubs, rock beats 2's, Don pieza foams, her hubs, HR wraith Trans Case (which I shouldn't have), and MIP shafts. The reason I say shouldn't have on the Trans case is because I wasn't thinking, I wanted a smaller footprint from the Trans and didn't fathom the fact that it had the dig set up like the stock case, so I will be buying the AX/SCX10 Trans case eventually. This is how she sits now. Of course with the inevitable flex shots.

Future plans are bomb proof Trans with super shaft parts as well as curries. Gonna get shocks (still deciding scale or performance), as well has putting in my HD diff gears (stock tooth).

That's it for now. Hope you enjoy.
Newcrawler24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2016, 05:11 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: My Poison Spyder

Nice rig, why dont you move your battery fwd?
STRAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 05:14 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I'm going to that's part of the reason why I want the AX/SCX Trans, so that I can put my esc of the skid. Unless there is another way that I haven't seen, or heard about. I plan on eventually getting a tray for up there, but still need to do the hood mod. What I really need next is because and servo to turn those big a$$ rock beasts.

TraneDrift

Last edited by Newcrawler24; 03-22-2016 at 06:04 PM.
Old 03-23-2016, 07:29 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

So I bit the bullet last night and ordered a new servo, the stock tactic was gonna burn out very soon with the rock beasts 2's on there. I will run it until it does but I figured get the jump on it. I order the hitec 7980th. Titanium gears and ridiculous amount of torque on both 6v and 7.4, so gonna get a bec today as well as my other parts I ordered through the lhs (hopefully). Which are a new Fairlead for winch and the rc4wd winch bumper for the wraith.

TraneDrift
Old 03-23-2016, 07:46 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Sounds like your headed in all the right directions for your Wraith! Those Beasts look awesome. What foams you running?
rngrchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:35 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

The pitbull Don Pieza currently. I'm not sure how they work yet but they seem decent enough. I do want to try out CI foams eventually.

TraneDrift
Old 03-23-2016, 05:31 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

So fed ex destroyed the shipment to my lhs and won't even deliver it to them so my parts didn't come in. Though I did get me bec now just to solder that up. I ordered the Fairlead and bumper from rc4wd directly as well as the 110mm med od shocks. Probably not the best shocks to run for performance but I want scale looks for now. Hopefully with some green slime I can get them to work decent enough to be useful. Servo will be here saturday which is the main thing I'm waiting for to get it out and about.

TraneDrift
Old 03-31-2016, 03:47 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Little update. I have gmade piggyback 103mm on the way be here Tuesday. Also have front currie, scale chubs, and scale knuckles on the way too. Method 105s for the rock beasts 2s on the way. Hitec 7980 installed as well as bec and damn that's some torque! The winch bumber installed but now the servo n hits that when both front, or driver front is fully compressed, gonna notch out the plate next week to eliminate that. That's all for now. Pics coming soon.

TraneDrift
Old 04-12-2016, 11:33 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

Everything installed!

TraneDrift
Old 04-12-2016, 11:34 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

TraneDrift
Old 04-12-2016, 09:24 PM   #11

Nice setup. We have similar mods. I recommend the Fwd battery relocation too. It's helped me a lot.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Josein06gli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:25 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

Already somewhat did that. Forgot to include it, but I haven't actually "mounted" it. Coming up with a box/holder for it. What did you use?

TraneDrift
Old 04-14-2016, 08:34 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

Looks good...are you gonna upgrade the motor/ESC?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
kingofparad1se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 09:17 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

Yeah I plan to. Just gonna run with this for a bit, and save up the money for the motor/esc.

TraneDrift

My Poison Spyder - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poison spyder TJ......LJ cmyers1 1.9 Scale Rigs 34 04-05-2016 05:29 AM
Jeep JK poison spyder -Arctic spyder ver.- extremerc1 1.9 Scale Rigs 24 04-02-2014 07:11 AM
BB-51 Poison Spyder Red Rockcrawler 2.2 Scale Rigs 28 11-09-2008 10:51 AM