Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: The plastic housing just got stronger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2016, 07:01 AM   #1
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Default The plastic housing just got stronger

A new product? Yeah, they just keep coming and there is more where that came from!

I just made the plastic housing that much harder to break and making it look good while doing its job!

Aluminum U4 trusses are now available from dluxfab.com!

Right now I am selling the raw version which is a mill finish. You can give these a brushed look, polished, anodize, paint or whatever you can think of. When I get the rest of my order in, I will be getting a small portion anodized black.

Not only does this look good and make the housing really strong, now the servo mounts for the front are much stronger, they look better and for you U4 guys, it pulls the servo up and makes the bottom of the servo flush with the bottom of the housing. Win, win, win! Oh, but it costs much more too, right? No, its actually cheaper! How can you go wrong?

The U4 version uses a new style servo mount where the sporty does not. You will need to counter sink the hole in front of the servo for a better fit.

Benefits of this truss
  • Strengthens the housing
  • Servo is in a great spot for proper steering link geometry. This means more power and a more consistent feel.
  • Servo is lower for better center of gravity
  • Servo horn does not extend past the front of the axle tube, no way it can get hit or in the way.
  • Steering links can be made so they are all behind the diff cover at all times. No more huge hang up points.
  • I am not a scale guy but I really like how it hides the servo. Nothing worse than that big ugly servo up front and center. The servo always looks like a sore thumb in the stock position being so awkward.
  • In most cases, the servo position will allow for your car to sit lower or be capable of more compression. Some mods may need to be done to fit on your specific car. This is intended as a universal product.
  • Upper links are adjustable. This is really cool for the Wraith style guys who only have one upper link mount on their chassis. Raising the links at the axle has tested overly positive for us so I think it will be great even if you have adjustability at the chassis. Testing has shown much better sidehilling and climbing just by raising the links at the axle.

Check them out on dluxfab.com These are ready to ship today. I only have a handful for a little bit but I hope to have more before these sell out
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2016, 07:01 AM   #2
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Default Re: The plastic housing just got stronger

Old 05-04-2016, 07:01 AM   #3
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Old 05-04-2016, 08:45 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Done and Done, just ordered front and rear.... Thanks Erik
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 08:53 AM   #5
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Thanks everybody! That was fast! I dont have any more fronts to send out today but should have more tomorrow. Plenty of rears.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:15 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Awesome work Eric!
Breat 1.8T syncro is offline   Reply With Quote

The plastic housing just got stronger - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The plastic housing just got stronger Erik D_lux Axial RR10 Bomber 20 05-09-2016 08:21 AM
axial locker spinning in plastic housing ? rcjunky3 General Crawlers 9 03-18-2016 01:48 PM