Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Which brand for upgrades?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2016, 02:32 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Which brand for upgrades?

Just picked up my first wraith. Went with the spawn. I already ordered a set of stainless links from vanquish and was looking into their stage one kit. Is the vanquish stage one kit worth it or is there other options out there for less money that do the job as good?
MaxxCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2016, 02:53 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Which brand for upgrades?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp7154 View Post
Titanium is worth it
Why? I see stainless weighs more and that's why I went with stainless to add more weight closer to the ground.
Old 06-01-2016, 03:48 PM   #3

I use vp. Their quality and customer service are second to none in my book.
oldsalero13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:23 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Yes to both. Vanquish puts out quality stuff and it's probably worth the asking price, but at the same time there are a ton of options out there for cheaper that will probably give you similar results. I have vanquish knuckles, but a different brand c hubs, it's just how it happened for me and both products are great.
theone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 06:31 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Here's the difference. When you buy VP, SSD, LURC, DLux, RCBros, BMRC, DMG, Holmes, Castle, Tekin, etc. You know you are getting quality from a company or individual that will be there if there's a problem. I have first hand experience with each of these entities and they all took first rate care of me like they actually cared that I was a customer.

When you buy from Integy, boom racing, hot racing, xtra speed, eBay knockoffs, etc. it's a crapshoot at best. Some of them have some products that are ok. Most of their stuff is ill fitting, inconsistent, garbage made from the cheapest materials possible and zero quality control in prison labor factories in Hong Kong. If you have a problem with any of these products, customer service is as real as the unicorn or the female orgasm. Kick yourself in the balls for not knowing better then buy a quality replacement from my first list. A smart man learns from his own mistakes, a wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Last edited by SCREAMER; 06-01-2016 at 06:34 PM.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 06:44 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

The cheapest non Vanquish parts on all my crawler rigs are from STRC. They are good, and I have had no issues with their products. They are basically a direct replacement aluminum part. Again they are good, not GREAT like Vanquish or SSD.
Revoasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 09:44 PM   #7

What about the incision stuff that just came out? It's under vanquish so should be good right
Cp7154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:31 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp7154 View Post
What about the incision stuff that just came out? It's under vanquish so should be good right
Most definitely, I would not hesitate to use them at all. It's made for the budget minded enthusiasts that can't afford the higher end parts. The quality will definitely be better then the others out there such as Integy, Hot Racing, Boom Racing, and all other China made parts. I'm not talking crap about them, just being honest as far as quality and engineering that is behind Incision parts. My next Wraith build for my daughters U4 course will be comprised of Incision and Vanquish parts.
Revoasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:40 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

When it comes to standard type knuckles, c hubs and lock outs there are only companies I really consider. VP, STRC and HR in that order from best to good. All of them make solid parts.

When it comes to the best you simply cannot go with one single company since none of them make the best of it all.

My go to for knuckles is always going to be VP or dlux if I need weighted knuckles.

Last edited by WHITE-TRASH; 06-01-2016 at 10:42 PM.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:48 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

I went with vp for just about everything. No issues. Period. Do yourself a favor and get some brass beeftubes for the front and aluminum ones for the rear. I've seen way too many pics of busted axles.
oldpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 11:13 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I can vouch for the STRC stuff, I've been bashing mine hard for the last 6 months with no issues; fitment, wear or breakage.

And +1 for the Beef Tube and Locked Up RC FI spools.
valheru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 07:10 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

Got the stainless link kit from vanquish today and it is very high quality. Looks like I will be getting their stage 1 kit!
Old 06-03-2016, 07:40 PM   #13

I have been looking at the vanquish stuff as well but have a hard time spending the cash. I don't know anyone that has them around me to compare against.
Jindustries is offline   Reply With Quote