Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: The wraith addiction

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2016, 06:22 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default The wraith addiction

I have been into the rc scene for about 20 years now and have always been on the speed and racing side of it. I have had a crawler in the past but it was a home built rig based off an emaxx. Just over one week ago I purchased my first crawler type rc and chose the wraith. I can honestly say that it is the most fun rc I have ever owned. Over the past week I have done some upgrades to my rtr wraith spawn and it has been a blast so far building and driving. So far I have changed the stock links to a full set of vanquish stainless steel links, changed out the stock servo for a hobbico cs170, sealed out the stock radio system with my flysky setup, put rockster wheels on it, and put in a mamba max pro ESC with a Novak ballistic 550 with a 13.5t 1600kv stator. Next on my list is a new set of tires and the vanquish stage one kit. My friend that has a few wraiths told me to be careful because crawler are like a drug and man was he right!
MaxxCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2016, 06:26 PM   #2

Default Re: The wraith addiction

I know the feeling. I have 2 now and keep catching myself looking for another. I can't even justify why I need 3, but who knows.
Jindustries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 08:14 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I had 2 Wraiths one was a kit in sealed box

The second one was bought online in parts

And I build it like a kit

I used the AR 60 axles too build 2 6th scales a Humvee and Jeep Mutt

And a built a 1.9'' Wraith with SXC10 axles and 1.9' wheels and tires

Really liking the 1.9'' Wraith a lot

not sure what to do with the other

Wraith chassis besides parts

Last edited by kgb424; 06-05-2016 at 08:19 PM.
kgb424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 08:20 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I started with a Losi buggy, then a 4x4 SCT, then a Wraith. Ever since the Wraith my trucks have gotten slower and cooler looking. Now the slower it can move, the more I like it.
Loehdingc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 05:05 PM   #5

The hobby is very addictive, ran a buddies wraith for 2 minutes a year and a half ago, I was hooked! Have 2 wraiths and now ready to start building a bomber.
Estol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 07:57 PM   #6

Yep very addicting I got mine trying to buy hop up parts whenever I can now my wife wants one then between my bubba me and my wife we if have all the wraith flavors he has the spawn I have the rock racer she wants the poison spider
bigplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 12:34 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I'm the opposite, I started with crawlers and now I am getting into racing with my associated sct and 1/8 buggy. My wraith has been sitting 2 months. It's a $2800 dust collector lol
cyberhog05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 01:37 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I started out with a nitro savage 4.6, then it went to a flux, then back to nitro, then both...lol.....then watched some youtube videos and got a wraith kit took it to my first comp on the 12th of June it was a blast. now I have a scx10 mudder with dual 3800kv brushless motors.....and find my self looking into getting an scx10 II...to make it a scale rig.....so addicting lol

Sent From My Galaxy S6 Edge+
sharkattack99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 08:04 PM   #9

Well it got out of hand as expected. Traded the scx10 for a new wraith rtr. Sold that to the neighbor for a $100 profit. Then bought 2 modded wraiths for $600 and selling the other to my other neighbor. Now I'm back to 3 of them with good parts and neighbors that want to come over and crawl on my home rock pile. Win, win, win!!!
Jindustries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 02:15 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

This is what my few month old rtr spawn looks like now! Too many upgrades to list. Having too much fun trying to build my version of the ultimate do all wraith.
Old 08-15-2016, 02:38 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

The Wraith is a great platform. Had mine for a few months now. Haven't run it too much. Been focusing more on my SCX10 rig lately. My Wraith is about to get a DMG Short Stiffy kit and a set of SCX10 axles under for a 1.9 SORCCA legal conversion. Just love the look of the 1.9 Wraiths. Gotta have one.
ElChupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 04:55 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

They shouldn't be called wraith, their more like rabbits..... start w just 1 male and in a week ya got a lil colony! LMFAO!-
Myself, I started w Poison Spyder, quickly Vanquished it (to the tune of over $2800- weighs a tanky 11 lbs), rebuilt a new wraith from all the stock takeoffs, OCD demons wouldn't let that one be, so it got the HD makeover, bunch of aftermarket bits, tubed, etc. Then I got to rebuild my brother in laws stock rtr wraith, did a budget build (Integy, and off brands), all pimped out. THEN not one, but BOTH my nieces each wanted their own rigs!-all rt in the middle of my project wraith. ( lets see, thats-1,2,3- 6! 6 f÷#&n wraiths!) Gotta love em though!
Rock Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 05:03 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

MaxxCrawl, lots of progress on the rig! Looks awesome-and dont just limit yourself to just 1- get more! (Easy said than financed- rt) Glad to see ya slow down from the race scene and pick up the crawler crack!
I come from race side as well and for the amount of $$ thrown into the hobby, you get SOOOOOO much more wheel time crawling vs racing, and its relaxing!
Keep us updated on your rig.
Rock Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 03:11 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

Now that I have had my wraith for a while I think I might actually be done upgrading and tweaking it! Too much money to admit but alot of fun building and tuning to get it where I wanted it. It crawls like a mountain goat and is fast enough for snow and dune running. The final upgraded were over drive gears front and rear and a SSD high ratio transmission.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2017, 04:17 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Still loving my all terrain Wraith, good in high speed and yet still very capable on crawling. Can’t stop loving my Wraith. As I always said: Wraith the timeless machine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:52 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Yup the wraith got me hooked again to i had a clod and a juggernaught and a tao2t before but i dident realy get in to the hobby till i got the wraith i was building full sized rigs till i got sick so now i only build scale rigs so in a way you could say the wraith saved my sanity/life and gave me something to look forward to and a reason to go outside again the clod and the jugg got married and the ta02 disintigrated and got built in to a custom 2 motor beast with a brat body on it thats painted to match my totaly custom built one of a kind 1:1 subaru wagon wheeler even with all my other rigs the wraith still gets priority and the most run time i have plans for 2more wraiths one bone stock ultra light the other a.custom metal lower cage and the upper plastic cage i might do that to the one i have now and one will be on scx10 axles with the 1.9 wheels i also have a wraith cage mounted on my redcat blackout for a go fast wraith and a 5th scale wraith currently on huge moa axles but im having gear issues with it so im gona go to the yeti xl axles and stretch them a bit to fit and a yxl trans and use the bhb front axle mod for it someday then some big a$$ tires
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 02:07 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

What cage / chassis is the Orange one you're running? Looks bad ass!
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 08:08 PM   #18
Rock Stacker

It's a stock cage with a wertymade rear cage.

Old 01-22-2018, 11:29 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxCrawl View Post
It's a stock cage with a wertymade rear cage.

That Cage is SICK!!!

My first hasn't even arrived yet - and I've already got a Wertymade Battery Plate! I figured that I should do the front Battery Mod while I'm building it.....
So it's Practical ..... at least that's what I told my Wife!!!

What Paint did you use, that sticks to the Stock part of the Cage?
PoorManRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 03:05 AM   #20
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorManRC View Post
That Cage is SICK!!!

My first hasn't even arrived yet - and I've already got a Wertymade Battery Plate! I figured that I should do the front Battery Mod while I'm building it.....

So it's Practical ..... at least that's what I told my Wife!!!

What Paint did you use, that sticks to the Stock part of the Cage?

I used krylon fusion. The only way to get it to stick really well is to lightly sand and throughly clean every piece.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The wraith addiction - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New addiction. puddin Non Crawler RC's 4 04-16-2013 03:23 PM
what RC got you to this ADDICTION?? Grinder0613 Chit Chat 87 04-11-2013 05:34 PM
My addiction.. bnoland Rally 21 04-05-2011 09:09 PM
My addiction chico96ta Non Crawler RC's 4 11-08-2008 01:40 AM