Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Rims

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2016, 02:18 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Rims

I got my wraith kit all together. I now remember how much I hated to glue tires from when I drove rc 12 years ago. I also know that now I will have to rip it all apart again to get better foam and wheel weights.
So I've bin looking on beedlock rims. It's a lot of info on some of the rims but everything is spread out. There is everything from cheap (eBay)to expensive rims but no info on the offset. I don't want my truck to get wider. I like the look of alu rims compared to the plastic axial beedlocks.
So will I regret buying a set of https://www.ebay.com/itm/131414528438
Also when looking for rims I've seen some with air and not foam. Will air filled rims be a better choise? Cause new rims and foam even with the cheap rims will be just as much as a https://www.ebay.com/itm/301948340979

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
Johan_Eriksson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2016, 04:12 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Rims

Check out the Gearhead beadlocks. They can be flipped on the hub to be wide or narrow.
I have 3 sets cause they're so nice.
chipgibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 10:20 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipgibbs View Post
Check out the Gearhead beadlocks. They can be flipped on the hub to be wide or narrow.
I have 3 sets cause they're so nice.

But they are so expensive. 200 bucks to get just the rims is way to much for me.

Old 06-27-2016, 07:47 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Hi look at ssd wheels from rpp I had a set and going to buy
a set again for my wraith.And vanquish hubs fit right on.
papafogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:30 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Gear Head wheels start at $139 and include the hubs. That's for 4 Delrin beadlocks with rings hardware & hubs. All Aluminum beadlocks start at $149 with hubs.

Not sure where you looked. Try RPP Hobby.
chipgibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:34 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Thing is, I don't want to land much more then maby 120$ with foams. That's why I'm asking about these cheap eBay/Ali express rims.

Old 06-27-2016, 10:42 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

SSD wheels have a look on amain.they around 40 for a pair and you can choose different hubs from VP if you are not happy with the stock ones

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Traulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:46 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Air filled tires are a fad. Good foams from Crawler Innovations are inexpensive and worth their weight in gold.

Motoworx makes a high quality aluminum wheel that is is middle of the price rage (not more than 140 in most cases). DCW is a vendor on here who makes delrin wheels...I'm sure a basic delrin wheel can be had for a little under 100

CI foams are $20 to $25

Sure you can buy those cheap VP knockoffs, but there are better quality options out there
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 11:43 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan_Eriksson View Post
I got my wraith kit all together. I now remember how much I hated to glue tires from when I drove rc 12 years ago. I also know that now I will have to rip it all apart again to get better foam and wheel weights.
So I've bin looking on beedlock rims. It's a lot of info on some of the rims but everything is spread out. There is everything from cheap (eBay)to expensive rims but no info on the offset. I don't want my truck to get wider. I like the look of alu rims compared to the plastic axial beedlocks.
So will I regret buying a set of https://www.ebay.com/itm/131414528438
Also when looking for rims I've seen some with air and not foam. Will air filled rims be a better choise? Cause new rims and foam even with the cheap rims will be just as much as a https://www.ebay.com/itm/301948340979
The aluminum wheels you linked are okay, nothing special, but tires mount up easy and they're wide enough for most of the 2.2" tires on the market. Quality and finish are similar to Boom Racing and Integy. If you want to give the GMade G-Air tires/wheels a try, you could always remove the air, vent the tires or wheels and install some foams if you're not happy with the air-filled performance.

It may be a little difficult to get tires, wheels and foams for $120, but Duratrax has new crawler tires for $20 a pair with decent foams in them and Hot Racing has stamped steel wheels for $45-55 for a full set of 4.

I've been happy with the 2-stage foams from Pro-Line (#6172-00), fit real well in 5.5-6.0" OD tires. They cost about $15-20 a pair depending on where you buy them.

Duratrax 1.9/2.2 Scale Tires

Hot Racing wheels, 12mm Hex white 4 BLW22H38 | eBay

Last edited by Soldat Vaillant; 06-28-2016 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Typo
Soldat Vaillant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 12:08 PM   #11

In this hobby you pretty much get what you pay for. I only like to spend my money once so do your research with that in mind. Basically bead locks are a worthwhile investment that you will enjoy long after you have forgotten what you paid for them.
Bob W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 12:09 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottorque View Post
Air filled tires are a fad. Good foams from Crawler Innovations are inexpensive and worth their weight in gold.

Motoworx makes a high quality aluminum wheel that is is middle of the price rage (not more than 140 in most cases). DCW is a vendor on here who makes delrin wheels...I'm sure a basic delrin wheel can be had for a little under 100

CI foams are $20 to $25

Sure you can buy those cheap VP knockoffs, but there are better quality options out there
Don't forget TSS. Their V2 Robby Gordon wheels have to be one of the best values in 2.2 wheels. I'm still not sure how they sell a full set of American made aluminum beadlocks for not much more than China knockoffs; black magic must be involved.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 12:11 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
Don't forget TSS. Their V2 Robby Gordon wheels have to be one of the best values in 2.2 wheels. I'm still not sure how they sell a full set of American made aluminum beadlocks for not much more than China knockoffs; black magic must be involved.
Yes TSS as well. Never had a set myself but always heard good things.
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 12:16 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

I have the second ones linked and am more than happy with them. They are skinny but my rbIIs mounted fine. Imo these wheels are really nice for the money.
cyberhog05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 01:48 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberhog05 View Post
I have the second ones linked and am more than happy with them. They are skinny but my rbIIs mounted fine. Imo these wheels are really nice for the money.

How is the offset, is it much wider then with axial rims?

Rims - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rc4wd OEM rims on SCX10? Roxlox on proline rims? Plis help:) msdelr Axial SCX-10 27 05-21-2010 01:50 PM