RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/)
-   -   Axial Wraith Spawn Kit Good Buy? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/570041-axial-wraith-spawn-kit-good-buy.html)

RatBoy D 08-25-2016 04:12 PM

Axial Wraith Spawn Kit Good Buy?

Thinking about doing a kit build and was wondering if the Wraith Spawn is a good build. Did some research on it and many people loved it but I just wanted to hear from the experts. "thumbsup"

mikebecher 08-25-2016 06:36 PM

Re: Axial Wraith Spawn Kit Good Buy?

Sure, it's good but the Bomber kit is better. There are a lot of parts upgraded on the Bomber that aren't on the Spawn, most notably the steering links, tranny and diff gears.

Rcdood 08-25-2016 07:35 PM

Dosnt both kits come with hd diff gears? Im pretty sure of that.
I like the looks of the wraith better tbh, and the smaler wb is a pluss i my book.

Get the one you like best, both are great kits.

Polaris425 08-25-2016 07:39 PM

Axial Wraith Spawn Kit Good Buy?

I went through the same issue when searching for an RTR, and ended up with the wraith. I had decided on the spawn, over the bomber but they were out of the spawn. So I got the wraith. Which other than the body is a little better out of the box b/c of the drag brake. Now granted that won't be a deciding factor for you when buying a kit, but it helped with my decision.

Posted via TapaTalk for iPhone6

RatBoy D 08-26-2016 07:30 AM

I looked at getting the bomber but I am kinda on a budget and I can get the spawn kit on Tower Hobbies for $300 so that leaves me with a little more money for electronics and such.

mikebecher 08-26-2016 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rcdood (Post 5554841)
Dosnt both kits come with hd diff gears? Im pretty sure of that.

Yeti and Bomber kits are the only ones with HD diff gears.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RatBoy D (Post 5554996)
I looked at getting the bomber but I am kinda on a budget and I can get the spawn kit on Tower Hobbies for $300 so that leaves me with a little more money for electronics and such.

True, if you're on a budget the Spawn is a bit cheaper up front. Keep in mind you'll likely need to upgrade the steering rods early on and depending on how much power you put into it, the tranny gears will let go early too.

mikebecher 08-26-2016 10:00 AM

I almost forgot to mention - if you're going through Tower, I'd stay away from their kit 'combos', that's a trap I fell into with my first purchase. Most, if not all of them, come with Novak ESC and motor (they're now out of business) and RTR Rx, Tx, and servo. You'd be better off just going straight RTR, IMHO.

Also, take advantage of Tower's Easy Pay. They'll split the cost into three payments and there's no charge for it.

RatBoy D 08-26-2016 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikebecher (Post 5555071)
I almost forgot to mention - if you're going through Tower, I'd stay away from their kit 'combos', that's a trap I fell into with my first purchase. Most, if not all of them, come with Novak ESC and motor (they're now out of business) and RTR Rx, Tx, and servo. You'd be better off just going straight RTR, IMHO.

Also, take advantage of Tower's Easy Pay. They'll split the cost into three payments and there's no charge for it.

Yeah I wasn't going to get the combo

Rcdood 08-26-2016 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikebecher (Post 5555064)
Yeti and Bomber kits are the only ones with HD diff gears.

Snap, you are right.
Buildt mine from the ground up, so just asummed all kits had them.