RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/)
-   -   New DMG Shortback Trailing Arm Dual Shock Wraith Build (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/572364-new-dmg-shortback-trailing-arm-dual-shock-wraith-build.html)

allanon1965 10-06-2016 05:30 PM

New DMG Shortback Trailing Arm Dual Shock Wraith Build

6 Attachment(s)
Hey, I decided to buld another DMG shortback dual shock trailing arm build and experiment with a few things rather than tearing apart my Experiment 626 Winning Rig.

I went with Twin Hammers VP trailing arms to shorten up the wheelbase a bit. I have seen many builds using these instead of the wraith length trailing arms. It did shorten the wheelbase by just about an inch so I am excited to see how that does when I am finished.

I initially went with gmade piggy backs and wraith stockers for the dual shock set up, but discovered they leaned towards the rear at the top due to the TH trailing arms being shorter so I am using rtr bomber shocks right now, that may change on the finished rig, not sure yet. I have new clear panels coming to use rather than the old ones I mocked it up with.

TSS Robby gordon 2.2 beadlocks with tsl xl's and CI double deuce foams gets me traction on the ground!... here are a few pics..."thumbsup"

Psycho-Savvy 10-06-2016 07:53 PM

Re: New DMG Shortback Trailing Arm Dual Shock Wraith Build

Nice build looks awesome!

bilinvic 10-06-2016 08:25 PM

Sub'd...because this will be a kool build!

allanon1965 10-06-2016 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilinvic (Post 5572184)
Sub'd...because this will be a kool build!

I hope it is, this one needs to be better than 626 lol"thumbsup"

this will likely be a slow build as I need to keep the wifes prying eyes out of the garage and mail box!

allanon1965 10-07-2016 09:28 PM

3 Attachment(s)
got my panels in today along with inner fenders...I chose a blue similar to my full size Ram 1500 4x4

Ballistic17 10-08-2016 08:47 AM

Looking good.

allanon1965 10-08-2016 10:30 AM

Thanks! You have been very busy yourself lol

Ballistic17 10-08-2016 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allanon1965 (Post 5572777)
Thanks! You have been very busy yourself lol

Yeah I have. LOL.

allanon1965 10-08-2016 12:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
here is the new rig in the day light with my Ram and 626

miles.broome 10-10-2016 07:18 PM

New DMG Shortback Trailing Arm Dual Shock Wraith Build

Killer rig! How has it performed with the shortened trailing arms? Do you have any more pics of the short back? I'd just like to see how you tied into the stock wraith chassis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allanon1965 10-10-2016 10:55 PM

I havent ran it at the crawler course yet, but plan to in a few days.. to see how these connect to the wraith chassis, take a look at the DMG Stiffy thread in the vendors section!

miles.broome 10-12-2016 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allanon1965 (Post 5573965)
I havent ran it at the crawler course yet, but plan to in a few days.. to see how these connect to the wraith chassis, take a look at the DMG Stiffy thread in the vendors section!

Awesome! Thanks man I've been riding a big rig forever and finally got me and rc so trying to conquer the learning curve with parts and how to! [emoji1362] thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allanon1965 10-18-2016 05:53 PM

Well I finally got out to the course today and the wraith performed much better than expected for a minimalist type of rig! The shorter TH trailing arms do make a noticeable difference in some parts parts of the course...most notably the tank trap..it was very easy to get thru it without much thinking, where as the longer wraith trailing arms on 626 make you have to think about where you will go to avoid high centering the rig..it also made some of the rock portions look easier that 626 did..I think I will keep both as they are for a little variety"thumbsup"

allanon1965 01-04-2017 11:37 AM

Well, I robbed this rig of most all of its parts to get my Thug chassis back up and running, I bought enough parts yesterday to get this one back up and running now..the only thing I dont have is the TH length trailing arms so I will have to use the plastic stock bomber trailing arms for now but I will be ordering them soon!

allanon1965 01-07-2017 07:46 PM

I bought parts in the classifieds here off of GTSlow to put this guy back together..these were setup on a U4 rig with a 12.5 wheel base. I initially thought I would ditch that wheelbase for a longer one closer to 13.5. I ran it today and was pleased with its performance, so much so that I will leave it this way and tune it some more and see how it performs. I have pics and will load them tomorrow....

BadWagon 01-07-2017 09:59 PM

Hmmm... I've been thinking of pulling my DMG TA Wraith out of the box and doing a rebuild soon.

The TH arms make that big of a difference?

allanon1965 01-08-2017 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadWagon (Post 5646536)
Hmmm... I've been thinking of pulling my DMG TA Wraith out of the box and doing a rebuild soon.

The TH arms make that big of a difference?

for my area it did, now the rebuild of this has the wheelbase at 12.5 inches, even shorter than the last one that was at 13.5 inches... cant wait to see how this one does!

BadWagon 01-08-2017 08:33 PM

Huh, well I may have to look into it.

Thanks for the info bud!

allanon1965 01-08-2017 10:13 PM

no problem, the only thing I am noticing is I am gonna have to clearance the skid a bit or get different brand of TH trailing arms as the VP ones are binding slightly..its due to the design of the VP ones...

allanon1965 01-14-2017 04:37 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics, a few days late lol... I am gonna have to get a set of beef tubes for sure, and also different shocks.. it doesnt handle too bad but can definitely be improved...also going to get e beefier servo as finances allow..."thumbsup"