RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/)
-   -   New Member - Wraith Build (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/573986-new-member-wraith-build.html)

Lavigna 11-04-2016 10:16 PM

Lavigna's Wraith Build

6 Attachment(s)
Hey all. I have been lurking around a little over the last couple years, but just recently became a member. I don't know why I took so long.

I have a Poison Spyder Wraith that I am currently building. I have had it for a couple years, but have hardly used it. Recently I have started to build it up the way I had meant to from the beginning. I recently moved the battery forward, and that has made a huge difference.

I have a lot planned for this truck. I am waiting on some ordered Vanquish axles. Still trying to choose a set of wheels and tires. There are so many I like, I am having a hard time choosing. Still lots planned for this truck, but here are some pictures of how she sits now.

vicstag 11-05-2016 05:59 AM

Re: New Member - Wraith Build

Very nice

351Beno 11-05-2016 06:26 AM

How are you having trouble picking tires and wheels? There only 2000 different one to choose from. :lmao:

Lavigna 12-08-2016 02:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I finally got the VP Currie axles. However I was sent the wrong axle tubes for the front. VP was very good, and are sending me a new set quickly. Looking forward to getting it put together with the new gear.

I also added some scale center drives, and limiting straps.

Still deciding on wheels and tires. Any suggestions as to what would look good on this rig?

Polaris425 12-08-2016 02:25 PM

looks amazing. Love the paint scheme.

Lavigna 12-09-2016 12:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
What is the reason for the raised, flat section on the cover of the Front VP Currie axles? The rear does not have it? I can't figure it out.

sharkattack99 12-09-2016 07:01 AM

Nice looking rig man.

love my IROK super swampers from RC4WD, look awesome and perform really well too. have them wrapped around RC4WD Raceline Raptors. Spendy wheel but nice though

mikemcE 12-09-2016 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lavigna (Post 5601673)
What is the reason for the raised, flat section on the cover of the Front VP Currie axles? The rear does not have it? I can't figure it out.

1:1 stud girdle

Hang up and Drive

84yoda 12-09-2016 08:13 PM

VP rims, 2.2 methods are still $60 bucks.

Lavigna 12-16-2016 02:37 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a few progress pictures.

The front end is apart because I am still working on it. I did some minor chassis modifications. I lowered the rear, to give it a bit of a fastback look, without going all the way. I also added a couple cross members across the windshield area.

The VP axles are simply beautiful. I am planning on doing the trailing arm mod as well. Still have a lot of small modifications planned. Crawler builds never seem to be done.

vicstag 12-16-2016 03:41 PM

that is one nice rig thanks for sharing

PileDriver 12-16-2016 06:10 PM

That thing is sweet I'm currently rebuilding my wraith. Some some inner fenders would really complete the look. I've always wanted Curries but don't like how they snag rocks and stuff let us know how they work.

Lavigna 12-16-2016 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PileDriver (Post 5605530)
That thing is sweet I'm currently rebuilding my wraith. Some some inner fenders would really complete the look. I've always wanted Curries but don't like how they snag rocks and stuff let us know how they work.

Thanks! Inner fenders is on the plan list. Just deciding which ones.

I was hoping the skid plate would help eliminate the snagging. Oh well, they sure look nice.

PileDriver 12-16-2016 10:58 PM

I hope the skids do help, cuz I still want a pair.

Lavigna 12-18-2016 06:45 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I spent a lot of time modifying the skid plate to accept the TH VP trailing arms. I wanted the center mount to be the same height and length as stock. This meant cutting out some sections on the skid plate, and creating 2 new mounting positions. The end result looks simple, but it sure took a lot of time and tweaking to get just right, without binding.

I still need to create a new rear, upper shock mount location, so I can mount the shocks to the new trailing arms. I also added some headlights, which will have LEDs mounted soon. The tires are just loose on the rims for now, and still lots of small things to finish and tighten down.

Lavigna 12-22-2016 12:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I removed a section or the rear frame so the shocks could be mounted to the new trailing arms. They are currently sitting straight up and down. Is this correct, or should I make a top mount that slants the shocks forwards, similar to stock?

Any suggestions are welcome.

crazee horse 12-23-2016 02:26 PM

You could make them slant or just change the spring rate. Also the more angle the lower the truck will sit. Looking good btw

Lavigna 12-23-2016 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazee horse (Post 5609715)
You could make them slant or just change the spring rate. Also the more angle the lower the truck will sit. Looking good btw

Ok. I like the way they look with some slant, so I am working on a bracket to add some new mounting points. I want this thing to sit low, so the drop will be good for me.

Thanks. It is easy to make them look good with some Vanqui$h. Their products are amazing. There are so many great aftermarket companies for crawling, it is difficult to decide sometimes.

I'm still trying to decide on wheels and tires . . . ?

Lavigna 12-29-2016 01:02 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I made some simple upper CF mounts for the rear shocks. The frame prohibits them from being angled forward more, as I would really like it.

I decided on some wheels finally. Will post once I get them.

Lavigna 12-31-2016 05:29 PM

5 Attachment(s)
VP Rockstar wheels mounted up. I resisted getting these wheels for so long, as they are a little fancy, but I really like how they look on this rig.

Still have lots of small detail stuff planned, but the truck is pretty complete now. If anyone has any suggestions for setup changes they may recommend, please let me know. Thanks.