Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: The wraith an unpopular option?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2017, 09:57 PM   #1

Default The wraith an unpopular option?

I'm new to the crawler scene with my poison spider rtr wraith. I can't help but notice a lot of things I read (articles, posts) about the wraith are atleast several years old. Also, a lot of bodies I find for it have been discontinued. Is it an unpopular crawler? Makes me wander why and if I made the right choice?
Smileythetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2017, 10:39 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: The wraith an unpopular option?

Axial probably sold half a million wraith in various forms over the last few years so I'd never say it wasn't popular. It's just not the hot item of the moment and aftermarket bodies never really took off for it in the first place.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 10:46 PM   #3

Well that's good to hear! Being completely new to rc crawlers I was sorta concerned that I had purchased something that everyone had moved on from and wasn't necessarily a good option. I appreciate your response.
Smileythetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 11:09 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

I have 3 of them, i just broke one of them 2 days ago. mine is extremely over powered. I love my wraith.
lzysmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:43 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Wraiths are a blast... very capable and a lot of fun to boot. (I've got three myself) As long as you like it, that's all that matters.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:08 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

I purchased two for my Son and I and we have a blast with them. There tons of aftermarket parts. They are super durable and can take a beating. The wraith is GREAT!
RCCasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:27 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Out of the two rc vehicles I have I'd have to say that my Wraith is my favorite. But I wouldn't expect it to be a rock crawler out of the box,because it's more of a basher/rock racer. Now unless you upgrade the tires to more of a stickier compound,upgraded shocks,etc. But for what it is,it's a very capable machine. Have fun with it!
WranglerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 05:10 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

I love my wraith...and I am in the process of building another from spare parts I have, now if I don't procrastinate I will be putting up a build soon, hopefully sooner then later. I also will be doing my own twist to the hatch back mod on the rear cage.

Cheers,
Wade
Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 05:27 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

I've got one and will start on #2 soon.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:26 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I love both my Wraiths. I have more time, money, and modifications into them than I do any of my other trucks. I did start this obsession with a Wraith Spawn so that might have something to do with it.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 10:56 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

They should be called Rabbits- not Wraiths. As it only takes just 1 and before you know it- BLAMMO, up to 6 Wraiths. Started w Poison Spyder RTR, quickly hopped that up as my brushless rig, rebuilt 2nd w takeoffs only to hop the snot outta that rig as a brushed rig, kidnapped my brother in laws stock Wraith built it up as a budget brushed rig trying cheaper stuff on his vs mine . Then was voted WORLD'S BEST UNCLE, by scratch building 2 more Wraiths out of previous 2 builds take offs for both my nieces, and to top it off, picked up another kit and am building my last Wraith ( I swear, last 1!) as a fast back Nat'l Park Ranger Partrol rig- will do a build thread when time allows. Not to mention all the parts just sitting for another set of AR60's fr & rr- BOMBER TIME!!!
Rock Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:14 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

I too love my wraith. I chose it initially over the SCx10 because of the versatility it offered. I had no clear idea which way I wanted to go (bouncer, crawler, etc...) and the wraith offers all of that versatility in its platform. You can pretty much make it into anything you want it to be. Rock Bouncer, Rock Crawler, whatever. Even a little of both with the available two-speed transmissions.

There's a lot of upgrades out there for them drive train wise. Bodies not so much. The aluminum panels are cool, but not cheap. The lexan replacements aren't as bad, and actually you can pick up a few sheets of styrene for little of nothing, and make your own body panels. Paint up several versions and change them out as you like.

I modified the stock panels a little and repainted them. They came out pretty nice. Though, they are starting to look dull & are full of rock rash. lol.

I bought an SCX10 recently and like it too but, I still find myself using the wraith more.

I've recently been bitten by the jeep bug though and want to build an SCX10 full body 4-door jeep.
Polaris425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 04:41 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

I'll throw in my optimistic 2 cents. I was beginning to look at the Wraith, with interest, around late summer 2015, and then a month or so later the Bomber was released. I still chose the Wraith, because I, too, liked the versatility of the platform. The Bomber looked like a fixed rock racer, whereas the Wraith could take on many forms, because of its more linear cage. Did you know that you can fit a Deadbolt body on a Wraith cage? Check out this search: Wraith with a Deadbolt body
johnnyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:35 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

The Axial Wraith is a great option, i bought,upgraded and sold my first 2 wraiths and am on version 3.0 and loving it! They are very versatile rigs meant to be abused and enjoyed
Dr.Newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:36 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Bought myself a Wraith Spawn a month ago and I love it. I choose between this and the SCX10 but picked the Wraith due to the bigger size and cool look of the Spawn body.
waqr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 11:08 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Good to hear all the great feedback on the Wraith. I hope to pick one up soon as well (kit version).
soze is offline   Reply With Quote

The wraith an unpopular option? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SSD - Wraith Axle Option Parts SSD Axial Wraith 60 04-17-2015 09:31 PM
full option rtr wraith crockins Axial Wraith 15 04-09-2013 05:37 PM
New Axial Wraith Option Parts BENDER Axial Wraith 32 02-01-2012 08:47 PM
Whats The Best Option For Motor And Speed Control For The Ax-10? Price Is No Option!! BASSPROKVD Axial AX-10 Scorpion 33 11-19-2007 12:40 AM