Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Help! axial wraith steering with no throttle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2017, 11:50 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Help! axial wraith steering with no throttle

So I have a almost new completely stock axial wraith that I've run inside only and never gotten it dirty at all. Once before when I was driving it around it stopped giving me throttle and just steering. I tried to unplug it and plug it back in and turn the controller of and on again and the red off and on again. So I gave up and went and did something else for an hour or so. Then I tried it again and it ran 3-4 5000 mah lipo packs. So it ran for quite a bit after that. But now it's doing it again and it won't work at all anymore. So to be clear on exactly what happens. I turn it on, the esc doesn't beep like it's supposed to. Doesn't beep at all. Then a red light flashes on the esc for a second then sometimes a green light will blink depending on the time that I've turned it off and on again. I unplug it and try every conbintaion of ways to turn it on and sometimes it blinks green afterwords and sometimes it doesn't. Also occasionally (onlywhen I leave it for a few min) it will do the beeping like it's supposed to but then drive for less than a min before it shuts down and stops throttling and just steers. No matter what order i turn the Esc and controller on it steers w/o beeping. Hope you can help. And I hope that's enough detail. Thanks
mooman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2017, 05:53 AM   #2

Default Re: Help! axial wraith steering with no throttle

Check all your wires and connections, if all looks good try going through the esc setup.
rcmaineiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:51 AM   #3
RCC Addict

2 things just for general info,
Always turn the controller/transmitter on first.

The beeping actually comes from power pulses sent to the motor, not from the esc at all.
If you ever get no beeps start looking for motor wires disconnected or motor brushes hung up or worn out.

It would be helpful to know which esc you've got.
Is the motor or the esc hot, those symptoms could be of an esc cutting out cos too hot.
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:17 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Its a AE@ esc stock on a wraith , I took the botto off to look at te moto and make sure the wires were hooked upi and not being pinched and it worked fine aferwords? i think the wires were pinched maybe? but i dunno its got me stumped . Thanks for the help i hope it doesnt happen again
mooman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 07:09 AM   #5

Sounds like your motor is taking a crap that stock 20t doesn't like a lot of slow driving that's what mine did I put a 35t in and it's much better now
bigplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 02:48 PM   #6

I had the same issue with my stock wraith. It ended up being the cheap motor connections. I removed them and soldered directly never had any issues after.
frontedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 07:06 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontedge View Post
I had the same issue with my stock wraith. It ended up being the cheap motor connections. I removed them and soldered directly never had any issues after.

This....the cheap bullet connectors dont make a very good connection...they are the first things I replace if they are on any electrical component I buy
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote

Help! axial wraith steering with no throttle - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boys new wraith has steering but glitchy throttle npcaldwell Axial Wraith 7 11-18-2014 05:06 AM
Help. Throttle controlling throttle and steering andneverexhale Electronics 6 08-21-2014 07:46 PM
Stock Wraith. Steering works. No throttle. Matt Wright Axial Wraith 18 11-28-2012 03:56 PM
stock Wraith ESC steering but no throttle boulder Electronics 28 11-21-2011 02:35 AM
Steering but no throttle 2JSC Electronics 16 05-09-2010 12:18 AM