Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Basher wraith suggestions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2017, 05:30 PM   #1

Default Basher wraith suggestions

Hard to believe Ive been a member for so long with out a post. I need axle help\suggestion

Current power system\setup is a sidewinder 8th with castle 2200 geared 20-57 and runs on 4s, blue monkey trailing arms, vanquish links, 1\8 scale shocks and HR sway bar, GCM metal trans case, super shafty transmission components, vanquish stage one, SSD titanium steering links, incision spools, HD gears and MIPs

I am looking for axle suggestions, for durability in bashing.

I am not a fan of the curries, i think they look goofy.

Whats the skinny on the dlux modified stockers, Ive read they are good but most of them are in crawler applications. Assuming I run beef tubes (currently already installed in my stockers), what are their life expectancy in quicker speeds 30 mph plus at times?

Also eyeing the SSD diamond for the rear, but am concerned about the bent axle shafts that Ive read about. I currently run the vanquish chromo in the rear of mine and they hold up well to bending, they have slight wobbles but that was after a day of big air, hill climbs and larger dirt jumps. Also on their website it only list larger pinion bearings but do not list the size.

lastly the V2 AR60s.

I am tired of wasting pinion bearings as that is currently my only true weak link and swapping to bushings only last about 10 min at speed.

thanks,
Mark
jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2017, 06:04 PM   #2

Default Re: Basher wraith suggestions

Also how much heavier are the vanquish v2's compared to stock? Assuming I leave the plastic truss on it?
jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 06:08 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

the VP version 2 axle housings have the larger inside pinion bearings..I really like mine!
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 01:16 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

30 mph in a wraith lol that would be fun to see . Would be almost impossible to control . Axled trucks aren't built for high speed. Mine is terrible and it's around 18 mph tops. I have high power for mud, not for attempting jumps or speed runs though.
crazee horse is offline   Reply With Quote

Basher wraith suggestions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2wd Wraith basher skidtoy Axial Wraith 3 04-24-2015 07:49 PM
got my basher wraith setup kgb424 Axial Wraith 0 11-14-2013 10:32 PM
Wraith as a Basher? Huey Axial Wraith 4 02-04-2013 09:17 AM
Need Clod basher chassis suggestions Gula Non Crawler RC's 0 01-19-2011 06:23 AM
200mm Basher Touring Car Wanted - Need Suggestions MLambert19 Non Crawler RC's 0 06-18-2009 05:13 PM