Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Newbie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2017, 09:36 AM   #1

Default Newbie

I am very new to the RC scene and have been enjoying it tremendously. First RC was a Traxxas Slash 4x4. Love it, it's great. I really want to challenge myself and move over to the more technical and skilled side of RC and get me a rock crawler/racer.
I am wanting to do this by starting with the Axial Wraith kit. I want to be able to piece this thing together and make a sweet build, but also on some sort of budget. Nothing that will break the bank. If you will please give me some input on what everyone is using.
I've read a few forums on here and got some sort of ideas and I know this thread has been beat to death. Thanks for any and all help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dkw0602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2017, 09:44 AM   #2

Default Re: Newbie

If you are looking for solid upgrade parts at a reasonable price check out asiatees.com. They have nearly every part imaginable for good prices. Ive been using their links, skid, shock mounts, and some axle components for over a year without an issue.

When upgrading your lockers check out the Incision spools by vanquish. All of the Incision line is nice as well and is made by vanquish, but it a tad easier on the wallet.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
maxstefaniuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:01 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Get a chassis: either in pieces or used. That'd be a cage, skid, & body. Get a Wraith tranny, WB8 driveshafts, some sort of Tx/Rx, Hobbywing Crawler ESC, 35-55t RC4WD motor ($10, right?), stock axles, pick a servo, and some links. A complete set of plastic Axial links on fleaBay run maybe $15-20. Pull off 2.2 wheels/tires of you're liking and some 90mm shocks with soft springs. All in maybe $200-300 depending on new or used parts.

This will get you going and when you break something or feel it's time to upgrade go ahead. I'd suggest metal links first.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:16 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post
Get a chassis: either in pieces or used. That'd be a cage, skid, & body. Get a Wraith tranny, WB8 driveshafts, some sort of Tx/Rx, Hobbywing Crawler ESC, 35-55t RC4WD motor ($10, right?), stock axles, pick a servo, and some links. A complete set of plastic Axial links on fleaBay run maybe $15-20. Pull off 2.2 wheels/tires of you're liking and some 90mm shocks with soft springs. All in maybe $200-300 depending on new or used parts.

This will get you going and when you break something or feel it's time to upgrade go ahead. I'd suggest metal links first.
This all sounds great , but I would skip the plastic links and go with aluminum first instead of buying twice. Also Holmes has some great brushed motors for pretty reasonable prices.
http://holmeshobbies.com/motors/brus...sport-550.html
http://holmeshobbies.com/motors/brus...er-expert.html
frontedge is offline   Reply With Quote

Newbie - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
newbie blarouche Paint and Body 4 12-17-2015 09:42 PM
Ky newbie LRS30 Newbie General 0 03-04-2011 02:40 PM
Newbie From MD Bottoms Up Axial AX-10 Scorpion 52 10-30-2007 07:46 PM
Newbie from GA! 85roktoy Chit Chat 16 08-17-2007 02:35 PM