Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: "OPIE"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2018, 04:18 PM   #161
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: "OPIE"

Bigger news over the doll !
Erik at Dlux is having a sale, I listened to White Trash and popped for a Savox2290 for $120.00 !
This is after eating three Holmes BLS HV500v2, and having issues with the PM470.
OPIE is a fat pig now, almost ten pounds so Big servo is coming.
( check the classifieds for a new Holmes Servo!)

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2018, 04:36 PM   #162
I wanna be Dave

WT is totally right ! This is one bad mutha !!
I’ve never had steering on my carpeting in the shop, 500oz it just starts, with 700oz it snaps !

Hang up and Drive
Old 03-27-2018, 05:32 PM   #163
I wanna be Dave

Hey Mike - Let me know what you think when you get it out on the trail. I'm building another rig and may steal the HiTec from my Wraith for it and get one of these to replace it! Good lord - 700oz!!!!
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 06:15 PM   #164
I wanna be Dave

I took OPIE out to the creek bed before it was totally dark, set subtrim and EPs , WOW !! Cannot believe the grunt @7.4v
Really makes the Holmes and PM look weak, 200oz will do that.
It’s a bit noisier but quick and smooth.

Hang up and Drive
Old 03-27-2018, 11:56 PM   #165
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
I took OPIE out to the creek bed before it was totally dark, set subtrim and EPs , WOW !! Cannot believe the grunt @7.4v
Really makes the Holmes and PM look weak, 200oz will do that.
It’s a bit noisier but quick and smooth.

Hang up and Drive

Can’t wait to drop it the Yeti!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nastyman211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 05:11 PM   #166
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewalsh100 View Post
Hey Mike - Let me know what you think when you get it out on the trail. I'm building another rig and may steal the HiTec from my Wraith for it and get one of these to replace it! Good lord - 700oz!!!!
OH MY....
thats all I'm saying OPIE is a true beast now. This servo was another step up that ladder. I ripped the rap, and ran the creek banks, hard , soft, sandy mud, turned so quick and true now.
Old 03-31-2018, 04:26 PM   #167
I wanna be Dave

Spent a couple of batteries today in the rip rap. This servo was the last missing link for OPIE . The combination of SSD diamond axles front and rear , along with the SSD beadlocks and the RC Bros knuckle weights. Throw in a front mount 4300mah 3s, servo winch and the Werty Made front stinger/slider set, and my DMG stiffy, OPIE is a FAT PIG the grip the Hyrax / CI foams give me is unreal. Long made short, I really needed all 700oz this servo has!

Hang up and Drive
Old 03-31-2018, 06:42 PM   #168
I wanna be Dave

Mike, if ya don't mind me askin'...

What CVDs and rear axles do you have inside the SSD housings?

How are they holding up?

One of my upcoming Bomber builds has the SSD Diamonds, centered rear, got the HD SSD rear axles and then Incision VDI Universals for the front... unfortunately there's an issue with the Incision part being oversized:

SSD C-Hub and Incision CVD’s

So instead of an all-SSD front end (Diamond housing, Pro knuckles, Pro c-hubs), it seems I may be forced to use Vanquish "scale" locking c-hubs to clear the oversized Incision VDIs.

Anyway - since you bash your Wraith so hard, I'm curious as to what you've destroyed and what is holding up?
durok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 07:33 PM   #169
I wanna be Dave

Im a little shocked at how solid everything has worked. Im running the HD SSD axles, with the matching hexes. I ordered the HD when I got the axle , have yet to use it. The fronts are the axial stock cvds...I set the EP and have not had one issue. Both ends run the incision locker, With a VP stage one set of chubs up front. Im running the HD axial gears.
I run the SuperShafty bomproof trans with that big slipper. I really credit that for keeping things in check.

What I do find amazing is the front shafts. I needed to go to Dlux titanium shafts in my Yeti, with the IFS, I also run the extra Wide SSD diamond axle with HD shafts on it and never touched them!

Last edited by mikemcE; 03-31-2018 at 07:36 PM.
Old 03-31-2018, 08:11 PM   #170
I wanna be Dave

Man, that's good to hear!

I have (of course) the stock rear axle shafts that came with the centered housing, and the HD shafts that I bought separately.

I have one set of stock Axial CVDs, but they are going in my other upcoming Bomber(based) build that is lower-key, just running a Revolver 1800kv on 4S in it and DLux plastic housings with SS axle tubes - I have DLux rear axle shaft for the rear in addition to 2 other sets, the stock Axials, and a XtraSpeed set that claim to be "HD"... (we'll see).

I got the Incision VDIs when I saw them released as they seemed a great way to go for the money - beefy as hell and THIS Bomber gets a 4100kv HH "R" type Puller Pro... underdriven diffs to keep it a bit mellower than the standard ratio. Using LURC F1 spools on the "fast" Bomber, and HH spools on the "slow" Bomber.

I was going SSD Pro c-hubs on both, and Pro knuckles on one / SSD HD knuckles on the other. Now I have the Vanquish scale c-hubs to be able to fit the VDIs.I hope it all fits together right on both rigs!

I will definitely be limiting my steering throw endpoints to be sure, and I doubt my wheel/tire combo will be quite as sticky - planning on Losi 5.75" tall Maxxis Creepy Crawlers (Rock Rey kit tires) that I will be using as "basher" tires - another wheel/tireset will likely come down the road for more skill-related driving.

I really appreciate your answering my somewhat off-the-subject question, but I had read the WHOLE thread and you never mentioned the axles/CVDs and you are one of the real "parts-testers" on this forum for Wraith or Wraith-based rigs... and enquiring minds wanna know!
durok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 11:37 AM   #171
I wanna be Dave

Servo is officially on my UPGRADE list!

Where did you set your BEC voltage at for it Mike?
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 02:03 PM   #172
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewalsh100 View Post
Servo is officially on my UPGRADE list!

Where did you set your BEC voltage at for it Mike?
7.4v per the instructions

"OPIE" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1/10 slider c0astie31 Non Crawler RC's 1 02-28-2009 12:15 PM