Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: c0bra's 1.9 wraith spawn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2017, 06:18 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default c0bra's 1.9 wraith spawn

So this isn't my first 1.9 wraith, the last one was together for about 2 weeks and then torn apart. This time I decided to use a spawn body so that there would actually be front and rear wheel arches to make this thing look right.

I also wanted to put this together with parts that I already have sitting around, which were complete stock scx10 trans and axles and a complete wraith cage. So far I've only had to buy a servo horn (not installed) and the spawn bodies..... yes more than 1

So the first stage was sort of a proof of concept. Get it to the wheel base of the body and see how everything looked and went together. I did have to get rid of the front electronics tray, bumper support and part of the rear end of the chassis to have clearance for everything. I also trimmed the front bumper so it was only the lower cross piece, but I still need to take a Dremel to it.

So the next stage was to take the rtr body and cut the hood out to see how much of a pain it is going to be. It wasn't too hard but the cut on the front was no were near straight. Next I tried to mount it to some spare yeti kit parts that looked to be light bar mounts. Well that didn't go so well.

So the next step was to take the clear body and start getting it to were I wanted it to be. I trimmed the body so it was cut to how the rtr body was and then proceeded to cut out the front window and hood. Next was to mount the hood on the wraith cage so it would hinge. Do to my hands being to big to fit through enough of the body to put the battery in, I decide to mount it up front. Next came electronics trays on either side of the skid were the normal wraith interior mounts to, axial ae5 will go on drivers side and airtronics rx on passenger. After that I moved onto the battery mount. For that I took out the cross piece that sits behind the front shock tower and bent/trimmed a piece of aluminum to sit in there, which goes between the chassis and that cross piece to secure it. At the same time I drilled the cage and put holes near the grill to secure the hood down during runs.

Other details not mentioned are the driveshafts are scx10 length mip but the front has a dig length male side. It's running a titan 12t motor with 18/87 gearing and will be run on 2s. It's also got the stock tactic tsx45 servo. Wheels and tires are ci 6 bolt 2.2 wheels with I believe proline kr2 tires with ci dual stage foams I think. They are cwr-1064 foams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2017, 06:26 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: c0bra's 1.9 wraith spawn

Nice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
notajerryskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 07:48 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Uh oh somebody gave me an idea!

Old 09-21-2017, 03:44 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Update for this thing hopefully soon! It’s out at a shop getting a custom made chassis plate and a new front bumper that should fit a lot better.

Once it comes home I’ll show in better detail what it is and the clearance nightmare that this truck is

Old 04-02-2018, 06:31 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Update with more parts coming for it!

I’ve had this thing back for several months now and finally got back to this thing. It’s got a brand new wraith cage with a box lowering kit and battery relocation tray. It also has the standard wraith panels although they aren’t mounted and a ssd d60 rear axle case now. It’s currently running a castle 3800kv with a sidewinder esc but that will be changing soon in favor of a 550 can set up.

Wheels and tires are currently scx10 2 kit wheels with ripsaws. I have more parts for this thing coming so there will be even more parts added to this thing. I’ll also take it apart enough to show what’s all been done with this thing.

Old 04-05-2018, 07:15 AM   #6
RCC Addict

All of the parts I ordered finally came in yesterday and I was able to get to work.

The first thing I did was tackle the wheels. Its running 1.9 ssd d hole wheels with ci lil nova foams. They are comp cut inners with soft outers for the front and medium for the rear. Which are wrapped in axial r35 ripsaws.

Next I took the wheels off and replaced the factory lockouts with vp versions, and went to replace the front castor blocks only to find out that I couldn’t because the screws I’m using to mount them will not work.

After that I separated the skid from the chassis which and replaced the torn up transmission outputs with incision replacements. Personally I hate taking the transmission out of this thing as i have to run 4mm spacers underneath to be able to clear the nuts that attach the ifs suspension skid to the chassis.

With the chassis already apart I figured I’d take some pics to show the front suspension set up. As you know it’s running twin hammers ifs with an unlocked front diff. Scorched parts bell cranks with upright shock mounts that have been beaten into submission by a dremel to be able to clear an mip driveshaft up front and to be able to sit up in the wraith chassis. The servo im running is a protek 130ss with a tlr servo horn.

Motor is a Baja rey rtr take off running 18/50 gearing for now as this is not meant to be much of a crawler.

I still have more work to do to this as I wasn’t able to finish all of it, and some of it I forgot to take pics of

c0bra's 1.9 wraith spawn - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
C0bra's IFS wraith build! c0bra Axial Wraith 12 12-29-2013 01:33 PM
c0bra's wraith c0bra Axial Wraith 16 05-14-2013 08:58 PM
c0bra's.......wraith! c0bra Axial Wraith 32 08-18-2012 09:16 PM