Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wromber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2017, 12:44 PM   #1

Default Wromber

So I got bored the other day and decided to see what it looked like if I combined the wraith and bomber.. the cage fits nicely on the bomber skid all though I have some slight modifications I want to do to make it fit better I kind of like it.. I love the wraith cage better then the bomber by far. What are your guys opinions?

photo IMG_20170706_111208_zpswu8xnrqj.jpg
 photo IMG_20170706_105654_zps1bpc4c9x.jpg
 photo IMG_20170706_105625_zpsk2fv2bay.jpg
 photo IMG_20170706_105713_zpspuhvmmwq.jpg
Jdlucasjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2017, 01:17 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Wromber

I'm smellin' what you're cookin'. Are you planning on running those trailing arms, or going with some Twin Hammers? I'm contemplating running a Bomber skid on my Wraith too, but want to work out all the details before ordering anything. I don't have any personal experience with it, but Circle City RC makes a high clearance Bomber skid that is drilled for a Wraith tranny, looks to be just what the doctor ordered.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 06:11 PM   #3

Default Re: Wromber

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ View Post
I'm smellin' what you're cookin'. Are you planning on running those trailing arms, or going with some Twin Hammers? I'm contemplating running a Bomber skid on my Wraith too, but want to work out all the details before ordering anything. I don't have any personal experience with it, but Circle City RC makes a high clearance Bomber skid that is drilled for a Wraith tranny, looks to be just what the doctor ordered.
Honestly I like the WB of the bomber.. but when I'm done with other parts of this mockup I might go the twin hammers route.. originally I was going to do the trailing arm setup on the wraith and got the wraith kit. Then I got my son the bomber. He hasn't touched the bomber in awhile and I never finished my wraith so I decided to combine them both.
I'm building a full-size buggy with trailing arms so I think this will help give me a scale look. Only thing I have issues with sofar is the rear shock mounting. And I can adjust the cage 1" forward or backwards and neither look great to me so I will probably drill holes between the the stock spots. And bend up some tube for the rear half that allows the shocks to fit correctly.
Jdlucasjr is offline   Reply With Quote

Wromber - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WROMBER Wraith+Bomber mojave450rider 2.2 Scale Rigs 9 12-01-2016 04:49 PM
3 short videos of my Wromber crawling mikebecher Videos! 0 06-08-2016 05:16 PM