Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Newbie Working on a New Build - LOTS of questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2017, 08:36 PM   #121
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Newbie Working on a New Build - LOTS of questions

Nothing to do with the suspension, I have that under control. I have play with my pinion and spur gears when everything is tightened up. I can pull the spur away from the pinion to where the movement is almost half the gear mesh. If I "tried" something like that because "nobody has ever had this problem" with a rear end for my 6,000 lb LandCruiser I would be spending some big bucks to replace stripped/broken gears. This is not the first time I had to go through proving my case to "people" and they say that is the way it is supposed to work. Looks like a money pit hobby to me
azTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2017, 08:39 PM   #122
Pebble Pounder

Go to buy something and ask questions up front about fitment then after the purchase they don't fit then "that is strange, it must not be a common item so get rid of it and buy something else" meanwhile your stuck with the expensive part you asked questions about. It is not proven to be beneficial for me by any means so far. Months and not a damn thing to show for it.

Done
Old 10-15-2017, 06:31 PM   #123
Pebble Pounder

Well it has been a long time but I had a problem with my tranny adjusting the mesh of the gears with the spur. After everything was tightened down I could move the shaft towards the other shaft and it would move 50% of the teeth depth. No way was I going to run that. After pics and video to SDD they recognized the problem and shipped me a new case and it is as I would expect.

I was tied up buying a new truck the found out I tore a tendon in my elbow so this had my priorities in other places. Not to mention I had "one piece" that was crucial to the build that was not in stock anywhere so as soon as I seen it I got it. Paid as much for shipping as the part was but I got it.

After my surgery I am going to be home bored so I will be working on the Black Pearl
Old 10-15-2017, 07:19 PM   #124
I wanna be Dave

SSD seems to be very good on customer service. I run a lot of SSD products, always quite impressed.Sorry about the surgery, that sucks!

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 08:24 PM   #125
Pebble Pounder

Thanks Mike!
Old 10-18-2017, 04:39 PM   #126
Pebble Pounder

Well trying to figure out what I will be doing when I am so bored next week after surgery so I worked on getting the transmission shifter down as low as I can so I will have some kind of an interior. Temporary screws but I inverted the servo mount and got "a linkage" connected but I will have to figure something better. For now...
Attached Images

Old 11-12-2017, 06:12 PM   #127
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
"Lockouts are on the outside ends on stock AR60 axles, they hold the end bearings, not needed with SSD
Axles

I know they are listed separately , but I have 3 SSD diamonds. 1 front, not applicable. I have a wide on my Yeti, when I ordered it I had a set of HDs on hand, I still have them as a spare. The way to see is if the axles come with the slotted hexes, mine did . You can see them in the first picture, small bag up front.
The only complaint I had read was the stock axles bending, and the upgrade solved it.

Hang up and Drive

It is good to know, at first I thought no need lockouts = spool or locker. LOL Now I understand just confuse sometimes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 06:15 PM   #128
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by azTony View Post
So is incision the best or cheapest? Just asking because at https://www.amainhobbies.com/incisio...c00001/p487847 they have bad reviews about sloppy fit

If you’re worrying incision’quality, then you may try to look into lockeduprc spool. I’ve heard many good things from them. Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote

Newbie Working on a New Build - LOTS of questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Working on U4 Trophy type build, got a few questions first... 89redranger U4RC 7 03-21-2014 10:51 AM
Lots of newbie questions??? 4wd-n-archery Newbie General 16 08-28-2013 03:35 PM
Newbie Build + Questions tmwoodall Axial SCX-10 9 04-07-2013 03:31 PM
newbie SCX10 build questions Scott VA Newbie General 2 01-04-2010 04:58 PM
newbie lots of questions needs answers veewee25 General Crawlers 9 07-03-2007 07:33 PM