Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: A Wraith, or two

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2018, 01:33 PM   #1

Default A Wraith, or two

One day last summer when my son stopped by with his family we dusted off some of my r/c cars and started tearing around the driveway and yard. My 5 year old grand son said he thought they would be more fun to follow around than to stand in one spot and drive around a course. Kids say the darndest things, so of course grandpa, that’s me, started accumulating bits and pieces for some trail rigs. I fleabayed a rtr wraith with a bunch of extra parts and have accumulated enough other parts now for two complete vehicles. Wraith #1 came with aluminum housing drive train of unknown origin and a heavy import wire cage, along with a stock cage and rtr running gear and electronics. I swapped out the metal cage for the axial factory cage and had my first experience with a scale crawling/ trail running truck. Of course my grandson did also.
Wraith number 2 has a factory cage,factory plastic housing drivetrain, spawn kit tranny with metal gears and newer style slipper with 32 pitch spur. The mail delivery lady just dropped off a long tail stiffy kit from Jerry at DMG. Wraith #1 will get the rtr electronics replaced with a Tekin RS and a sensored 13.5 I have out of an old buggy for the time being while I experiment with different brushless crawler motors and a Mamba X in wraith #2 to determine what kv rating of motor will best suit our uses. Both trucks will be run on 3 s and controlled by tactic ttx 300’s for now. I’ll get some pics up here soon.
laedco58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2018, 01:44 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: A Wraith, or two

Nice start(s).
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 04:19 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: A Wraith, or two

You will love that stiffy !
Jerry is the Bomb !!