Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith 1.9?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2019, 08:11 AM   #41

Default Re: Wraith 1.9?

I fit the old wraith interior, took some cutting but looks cool, also used all the axles and links from the scx10 II... Did have to sand the rear link tie rods a few millimeters just to bring it back to original wheelbase...it is very much like a deadbolt but still enjoying it's new design..hope you guys enjoy your rig...
X-ray man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2019, 10:38 AM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Wheelbase....

I suspect the issue is the plastic links come with all three wheel bases in the rtr Honcho. Same with the RBK. In the RBK the tubes are shorter than previous kits, and the rod ends are longer. So manufactures may be including the proper wheel base links, but are longer than the Wraith links... Just an idea, I really have no idea.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 11:34 AM   #43
Pebble Pounder

Picked up my 1.9 the other day and while I love the look and how it drives, it sounds like crap and there is some resistance in the transmission rolling forward (but smooth backwards, wtf). Not exactly happy to have to tear the whole thing down and troubleshoot without even really running it. Plus all my tires are extremely wobbly. You'd think they'd have gluing down pat by now, but whatever. I'll just have to get new rims/tires lol.
Dbdynsty25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 11:45 AM   #44
I wanna be Dave

I have to admit, all four of my tires are wobbly....
crunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 12:49 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbdynsty25 View Post
Picked up my 1.9 the other day and while I love the look and how it drives, it sounds like crap and there is some resistance in the transmission rolling forward (but smooth backwards, wtf). Not exactly happy to have to tear the whole thing down and troubleshoot without even really running it. Plus all my tires are extremely wobbly. You'd think they'd have gluing down pat by now, but whatever. I'll just have to get new rims/tires lol.

i also found mine to be loud and feel like it was binding when i pushed mine. someone said that its due to the helical cut gears and high pinion. i rant it and had no problems.
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 03:18 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted View Post
when you find out let me know... and on a side note mines broken. the chassis snapped where the bumper mounts to the frame rails.

Got a picture?

From what I've read the old Wraith bumpers don't fit the new chassis, but I can't confirm that.

Sad to hear so many problems already, but this is what I've come to expect from Axial.

I hope the chassis break is a fluke. I plan on building my own using the chassis.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 04:23 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

somebody with some smarts and 3D printing experience should whip up some early bronco taillight buckets (and lenses) that clamp on the rear of the frame... that way you get a double whammy of no more floppy body, and correct bronco taillights.
*well maybe "clamp" was the wrong choice of words... just sitting against the frame tube to keep the body stable... wouldnt want to destroy the bucket if it bumps a rock.

i want one of these eventually anyway, but that would certainly sweeten the pot!
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 05:43 PM   #48
RCC Addict

Good to see all the pics and people sharing info with this rig. Mine will be in tomorrow with a few of my goodies and the more I see the black the happy I am with my pick.
TAT76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 06:17 PM   #49

Hi, I'm new.

My friend convinced me to get a crawler, I haven't had an rc car/truck since I was a kid in the early 90s (TA RC10). I'm enjoying the Wraith but want to mod it and have read on these forums and other places over the past few days since I got the Wraith 1.9, but it seems that it will be sometime before actual Wraith 1.9 aftermarket parts are released. Is this correct?

Additionally, what are some recommended must have upgrades I should look into switching out first, in your (anyone's) opinion?

My front tires are wobbly, the driver's side more than the passenger, rear are fine. Don't know about binding in forward, but reverse seems more peppy, but I have nothing to compare it with.

danknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 06:36 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Did a 2 mile walk today with the wrath. I run 2s battery and wish I had a 3s or 27 turn motor. Don't get me wrong, it's got plenty of power and trail speed, but more is always better isn't it ?
Aside from the wobbly foams I previously mentioned I kinda can honestly say, Horizon left plenty of room for mods to add a little more fit and finish. I can't wait to add inner panels to the rear and hopefully a bit more weight. If you picked this up under the belly skid it will do a front flip out of your hand.

For comparison it's faster the the traxxas TRX-4 in low gear and slightly slower with the TRX-4 in high gear.

Old 03-27-2019, 06:53 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Got a picture?

From what I've read the old Wraith bumpers don't fit the new chassis, but I can't confirm that.

Sad to hear so many problems already, but this is what I've come to expect from Axial.

I hope the chassis break is a fluke. I plan on building my own using the chassis.
ill try to remember to post a pic tomorrow after work.
Old 03-28-2019, 01:05 PM   #52

Hi, I’m waiting for my 1.9 delivery to Russia, I had a wraith spawn with a large upgrade before, but I have long wanted axial 2, but I didn’t like the frame and the rest. As soon as ordered 1.9 appeared, unfortunately, did not know the base and ordered incvision deadbolt links and hyrax predator tires and wheels. There is a castle 1406 1900kv. I don’t know how to fit it, I don’t know which engine is needed. Share your experience, what system to take.
Sorry for my translator
chinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 06:35 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

So Harley said the old style bumper that is included in the parts bag does not fit the current chassis. its just part of the same mold and was included in the bag.
Old 03-28-2019, 06:54 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
So Harley said the old style bumper that is included in the parts bag does not fit the current chassis. its just part of the same mold and was included in the bag.
There's a few things like that with this truck. The twin turbo kit or the horns but no hardware to add them. A few of the parts trees that they do include appear to have already had some parts removed. For example the spare clear parts tree they give you has small rectangle lenses but no round ones... Although there are spots where parts were but now they are gone. It's almost like someone built the kit and then threw all the leftovers in a bag for you. I don't remember it being like this with my first axial rtr I had, then again that was an AX10, and we hung batteries on our front axles... So what did I know.
I guess as a customer I'd rather see smaller parts trees that are full over big parts trees with stuff robbed off them.. It gives you the feeling like you're missing something already.
I know I'm knit picking here, but I'm just sharing my views. Why include a bumper that you can't/won't use ? Keep your bumper and knock three bucks off the truck lmao.
Old 03-28-2019, 07:43 PM   #55
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunky View Post
There's a few things like that with this truck. The twin turbo kit or the horns but no hardware to add them. A few of the parts trees that they do include appear to have already had some parts removed. For example the spare clear parts tree they give you has small rectangle lenses but no round ones... Although there are spots where parts were but now they are gone. It's almost like someone built the kit and then threw all the leftovers in a bag for you. I don't remember it being like this with my first axial rtr I had, then again that was an AX10, and we hung batteries on our front axles... So what did I know.
I guess as a customer I'd rather see smaller parts trees that are full over big parts trees with stuff robbed off them.. It gives you the feeling like you're missing something already.
I know I'm knit picking here, but I'm just sharing my views. Why include a bumper that you can't/won't use ? Keep your bumper and knock three bucks off the truck lmao.
Axial has for ages included the surplus parts trees....they don't build the RTR's from just the parts required, they're from the same trees as would come in a kit.
Hence once the large round lens's are fitted to the grill whats left goes in the box.
Like wise the 2.2 bumper is on the same tree as the rear section of the cage so once thats assembled the surplus either goes in the bin or your RTR box, counter intuitively it's cheaper to supply more plastic than is required than it is to machine a new injection mold for a part that otherwise already exists.
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 09:30 AM   #56
I wanna be Dave

just added a hobbywing axe system in the 2300kv flavor. cant wait to try it out.
Old 03-29-2019, 09:36 AM   #57
I wanna be Dave

I also wanted to show everyone where my frame broke just behind the front bumper. i wasnt abusing the truck at all. must of broke from bumping it over some rocks.
Old 03-29-2019, 10:46 AM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I also wanted to show everyone where my frame broke just behind the front bumper. i wasnt abusing the truck at all. must of broke from bumping it over some rocks.
Ouch. That looks like it's going to be a stressed area with the screw going through the tube there and the bumper impacts will travel on that same piece of tube.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 10:57 AM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Yikes, now I'm gonna skip out of work early to go look at mine.
Old 03-29-2019, 12:46 PM   #60

For those curious I was able to fit the stock metal links from my 69 blazer onto the wraith. Fronts are obviously a direct bolt on. The rears I had to shorten by one full turn on the rod ends but there was enough room on the threads to do that. I know there not the best links on the market but it’s still an improvement over plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rascalbum is offline   Reply With Quote