Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith 1.9?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2019, 10:14 AM   #101
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Wraith 1.9?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
Axial didn't have this problem with their older, flexible plastics. Just sayin'...
It's not a plastic issue. Axial eliminated the upper bumper supports from the original Wraith on the new 1.9 in order to fit in the CMS and receiver box. Without that second mounting point, there is too much flex in the lower rails to support the bumper.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2019, 11:00 AM   #102
Sr. Product Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted View Post
well my cage broke again,i guess epoxy wasnt the answer. i just made a lexan "tube" to fit over the stock portion of the cage where it breaks. looks ghetto but its worth a shot. next new chassis rails and maybe harleys 3d printed fix.
Working on beefing up the chassis at that point...also, call (don't email) our customer service and they'll take care of you with a replacement.

As i mentioned, we're beefing up the area in the mold to make it stronger.

Rich
Rich Trujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 11:45 AM   #103
Gold Star Baby!

Will a part get issued to current owners?
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 11:55 AM   #104
Rock Crawler

Did nobody drive these before they were released?
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 12:06 PM   #105
RCC Addict

I just went and checked mine and it is not cracked. I definitely want to brace that area though. The link for Josh/Harley's braces did not work last time I checked and I could not find them on Shapeways.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 02:20 PM   #106
Sr. Product Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pant Danza View Post
Will a part get issued to current owners?
Once we have this revised version, if you break one, you can contact customer service and they'll take care of you. They may ask for proof of purchase and and image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Dawg View Post
Did nobody drive these before they were released?
Yes, we drove them.

Please note, there is no new updated frame rail set yet, we're working on it and even now but if you break one, just call customer service, we'll take care of you.

Any updates will also be running changes to production. Either way, we will always to our best to take care of customers.

Rich
Old 04-10-2019, 02:24 PM   #107

Photos please
rcreview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 02:46 PM   #108
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Trujillo View Post

Please note, there is no new updated frame rail set yet, we're working on it and even now but if you break one, just call customer service, we'll take care of you.

Any updates will also be running changes to production. Either way, we will always to our best to take care of customers.

Rich
Can you answer me this. I placed an order for the chassis rail parts tree and receiver box parts tree through tower hobbies. AXIC1102 and AXIC1103. I can still see it on my original order. I was and am fine with parts not being released yet, but my back order status shows only one parts tree now and I was told by them that you all have combined those two parts trees. Is that a correct statement?
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 05:19 PM   #109
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Working on beefing up the chassis at that point...also, call (don't email) our customer service and they'll take care of you with a replacement.

Rich
will do.
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 05:20 PM   #110

Quote:

Rich

Quote:
Once we have this revised version, if you break one, you can contact customer service and they'll take care of you. They may ask for proof of purchase and and image.

Yes, we drove them.

Rich

Yes! This is the Horizon I love. Great move!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:57 AM   #111
Sr. Product Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeMinnix View Post
Can you answer me this. I placed an order for the chassis rail parts tree and receiver box parts tree through tower hobbies. AXIC1102 and AXIC1103. I can still see it on my original order. I was and am fine with parts not being released yet, but my back order status shows only one parts tree now and I was told by them that you all have combined those two parts trees. Is that a correct statement?
Yup and I recall getting your question. When i originally setup the parts for the this model, it wasn't until i received the sample packaged parts that it didn't make sense to sell the RX box tree separate from the chassis set. If someone was going to convert an Wraith, they would need both trees to assemble. So at the last second, i combined all parts into one bag. That why it does that funky thing with the ordering. They do have a fix and should have pulled the other dead number down, which i'm going to follow up with them to make sure they have.

Hope this makes sense,
Rich
Old 04-11-2019, 10:10 AM   #112
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Yup and I recall getting your question. When i originally setup the parts for the this model, it wasn't until i received the sample packaged parts that it didn't make sense to sell the RX box tree separate from the chassis set. If someone was going to convert an Wraith, they would need both trees to assemble. So at the last second, i combined all parts into one bag. That why it does that funky thing with the ordering. They do have a fix and should have pulled the other dead number down, which i'm going to follow up with them to make sure they have.

Hope this makes sense,
Rich
they have, one or the other links to a dead screen now, I just wanted to make sure I got it from the horses mouth what they said was accurate. Thank you.
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 01:59 PM   #113
I wanna be Dave

sooooo…
i should wait for the revised version before pulling the trigger on this rig?
or
would revised frames be sent retroactively to "early adopters"?
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 02:42 PM   #114
Rock Crawler

Personally, I'd wait. Why buy something that you know is flawed in the hopes of getting better parts later rather than just waiting on the fix to be a part of the truck?
Old 04-16-2019, 03:43 PM   #115
I wanna be Dave

new frame rails out by deadloc racing. https://deadlocracing.com/products/1...lR7zRWQxrbyXeM
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 04:31 PM   #116
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted View Post
new frame rails out by deadloc racing. https://deadlocracing.com/products/1...lR7zRWQxrbyXeM
I like the look of those.
Old 04-20-2019, 05:20 PM   #117
Pebble Pounder

mirrors if anyone wants some. they turned out pretty good.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3577586
Nicolasmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 07:00 PM   #118
Rock Crawler

Nice work!
Old 04-28-2019, 08:31 PM   #119
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Hope this makes sense,
Rich
Hey! It’s great that people think about things like this! I’d like to add that I would prefer if these were not all in one package. If I did break a frame part, I’d way rather buy just the rails than the whole setup with the radio box, and a bunch of parts I didn’t need. Please consider selling the frame separately from the other bits.
Thanks!
Also, I am really loving this truck!!! It fits exactly what I want out of an RC!!
Turtlejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 07:24 PM   #120
Quarry Creeper

Ordered mine today, also ordered Incision steel link kit and front universals. already have plenty of alloy bead locks and tires. already have a 400 in/oz servo and 3s batteries. any other suggestions ? I also have upper end radio to go in it.
sgtlt is offline   Reply With Quote