Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Servo suggestions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2019, 08:07 AM   #1

Default Servo suggestions?

I have recently burned out the stock axial wraith servo and am looking to purchase a new waterproof one, I would prefer one that doesn't require a BEC, I am looking and there is giant price gap from 40 dollars to 80. I am thinking of getting a 40 dollar Savox servo but if there are any better options let me know.
CrawlerCam10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2019, 09:29 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Servo suggestions?

Assuming you’re still on the stock electronics I would suggest getting a new ESC. The HobbyWing 1080 has the ability to vary the servo output power with a essentially a built in BEC. Best bang for your buck in brushed ESCs. It is programmable and hands down better than the AE-5.

As for the servo, that’s a debated subject. You get what you pay for deal.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 10:29 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I'm thinking your $40 Savox is probably the SW0231 WP? I would stay away from this one in a Wraith. Probably won't last much longer than the original. I say this from personal experience unfortunately.

At the top end of your price range you could get into a ProModeler for $80. Sorry to say I haven't tried one yet but very highly rated by those who use them on this forum. Of all the electronics related to a RC, the servo is one of the "do not skimp on quality" items. Go cheap, replace often. After spending a ton of money on cheap you'll realize it is well worth spending the money for quality.

An external BEC is not a necessity but once you've used one to power a servo you'll wonder why it took you so long to go that route. Lots of info on the forum if you're confused about how to add an external BEC.

Although you didn't ask about an ESC, Brake Weight is right about the Hobbywing 1080. So many options for tuning it and price is right in there for what an Axial AE-5 replacement would cost. The 1080 is also very highly recommended by those who use them on this forum. I just put one in my Wraith and I am now one of the converted. I'll be getting some more for a few of my other rigs.
nightcrawler48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 01:59 PM   #4
RCC Addict

You cannot go wrong with a promodeler servo. Best bang-for-the-buck out there right now

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote

Servo suggestions? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Servo Suggestions Smonkman Vaterra Ascender 15 02-14-2016 09:21 PM
any suggestions on a servo? maddogs1965 Electronics 1 05-26-2012 12:33 PM
New servo suggestions JRW7072009 Axial XR10 15 09-04-2011 10:51 AM
Servo Suggestions? hntz4x4 Electronics 8 08-30-2009 03:25 PM
looking for a better servo...suggestions? fatwreck General Crawlers 9 03-03-2006 09:41 PM