RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/)
-   -   I have a problem (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/607777-i-have-problem.html)

AZdirtdog007 04-07-2019 04:36 PM

I have a problem

I was playing at this rock course and i did something to the rear gearbox or axle or something. when its in a bind the rear end stutters and slips the front end does fine

AZdirtdog007 04-07-2019 05:33 PM

Re: I have a problem

I am looking for gearbox gears. I really dont know what im looking for

Duuuuuuuude 04-07-2019 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZdirtdog007 (Post 5925660)
I am looking for gearbox gears. I really dont know what im looking for

Looking to buy? Have you taken it apart and confirmed the issue?

ferp420 04-07-2019 07:16 PM

check the bearings first then for missing teeth on the gears the inner pinnion bearing and the ring gear side bearings like to explode to much side load on the bearings the pinnion bearing pocket can be modified to fit a bigger bearing or you can order one already opend up for the bigger pinnion bearing the other bearing you just need to keep a eye on and keep one or 2 on hand for spares
also on hot days with alot of power the axle housing itself can flex and cause the gears to slip and can grind the teeth down to nothing but you would have to be puting alot of power though it for that to happen

Steve g 04-08-2019 07:24 AM

Did you check for a crack in your drive shaft? I'm assuming you have the stock plastic ones. If it's a loud click when it slips it could be one of the female ends cracked and is spinning around the inner male end of the driveshaft. I've cracked mine a couple times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

AZdirtdog007 04-08-2019 07:45 PM

I immediately thought it was the gearbox I have not had a chance to tear it apart. it is a 2.2 and it has steel drive shafts. It was a kit.

AZdirtdog007 04-13-2019 06:55 PM

The sound was coming from the rear differential. I tore down the rear dif and i can not see anything wrong the ring gear and the pinion gear all look fine

dieselmudder 04-13-2019 07:16 PM

Did you spin the hex inside the wheel? Or the pin in the hex adapter? If its plastic lockes then it could have spun the axle shaft inside those as well.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

ferp420 04-14-2019 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZdirtdog007 (Post 5927326)
The sound was coming from the rear differential. I tore down the rear dif and i can not see anything wrong the ring gear and the pinion gear all look fine

Take the bearings out and check them

Steve g 04-14-2019 08:13 AM

Open the locker too. The stock axial locker has a square cheapo metal locker the axles go into. They split or round out and the axles will spin in a bind.

AZdirtdog007 04-14-2019 09:03 PM

I checked the hexes and the wheels and the pins can not find anything wrong.
how can i check the locker pull the ring gear apart?

Col_Sanders 04-14-2019 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZdirtdog007 (Post 5927571)
I checked the hexes and the wheels and the pins can not find anything wrong.
how can i check the locker pull the ring gear apart?

Remove the screws that hold the ring gear to the plastic housing. Usually, one of the tabs on the lockers breaks off and will allow the locker to spin within the housing. You can buy an aftermarket spool from Locked Up RC, Incision, or a few other brands that will be much more durable than the plastic housing/pot metal stock setup.

ferp420 04-14-2019 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve g (Post 5927423)
Open the locker too. The stock axial locker has a square cheapo metal locker the axles go into. They split or round out and the axles will spin in a bind.

This usaly only happens to one wheel at a time but could happen to both if you don't find a blown bearing look at the locker there worth replacing anyway the cheap lockers are just as good as the expensive ones

mach2nh 04-25-2019 05:51 AM

to much pinion/ ring gear backlash. feels ok ish by hand but toss in a plastic housing and things deflect even more.