Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: I'm looking for the Ultra4 chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2019, 11:57 AM   #1

Default I'm looking for the Ultra4 chassis

Hello

I'm looking for the Ultra4 chassis

or a supplier who sells the Ultra4 chassis

See you soon for your help
Rc-Ultra4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2019, 12:27 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: I'm looking for the Ultra4 chassis

The bottom pic was called the LNL HPM RS-X1 but I don't think it's available anymore unless you can find one used, it was a limited run.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 02:36 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

LNL HPM RS-X1 Pro Rock Scaler/Crawler Chassis for Axial SCX10 [HPM-AS01] - $389.99 : TC-LINK, TC-LINK

give that a try
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 02:04 AM   #4

hello

thank you

and make the order

Rc-Ultra4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:55 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I ordered mine through amazon about a year ago. They got in touch with me and wanted me to cancel that order. At first, it sounded fishy but four weeks later, a beautiful cage showed up (and they sent me updates and pics from time to time). Wait was absolutely worth it I think.
I am still working on mine, especially the body and where to place electronics. Expect this thing to be heaaaaaavy!

Name:  Bildschirmfoto 2019-05-08 um 10.52.19.jpg
Views: 1949
Size:  76.8 KB

Name:  Bildschirmfoto 2019-05-08 um 10.50.28.jpg
Views: 1877
Size:  50.5 KB
fxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 06:42 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

I've got one of these as well. Ordered from their website this year. Took about a month to get here. The chassis was very well made but didn't come with the lower panel and was also missing all the front body mounting tabs. The chassis also wasn't powder coated, but raw stainless. I ended up getting a cleaner to removing the bluing and polished it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
crawlnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 07:07 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlnyc View Post
... but didn't come with the lower panel and was also missing all the front body mounting tabs. The chassis also wasn't powder coated, but raw stainless.

I hear you. I guess that's what you get, when ordering this from the other side of the globe. They even asked me about the powder coating (maybe that wasn't a question - LOL). And I wanted them to added tabs in specific places. Didn't happen either. Still, for that kind of money you won't find someone here to build it.

Yours looks awesome - may I ask how you set up your steering? Servo on axle?
Old 05-08-2019, 07:59 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxman View Post
I hear you. I guess that's what you get, when ordering this from the other side of the globe. They even asked me about the powder coating (maybe that wasn't a question - LOL). And I wanted them to added tabs in specific places. Didn't happen either. Still, for that kind of money you won't find someone here to build it.

Yours looks awesome - may I ask how you set up your steering? Servo on axle?

Yeah servo on axle. Running Currie f9's front and rear. I asked them to put a servo mount (since the one they kept sending me photos of had one) but they didn't do it.

To get the electronics in I used a BP customs electronics mount which mounts directly on an scx10 trans (OG) and just stuck everything on it. I also have a VP hurtz dig so it's very tight. I mounted everything to the skid and wedged it in. Battery sits out back. I wanted it up front and was planning for that, but again they didn't weld those mounting tabs up.

Interior is an axial recon g6 lexan piece from the original body I threw on it. I've had tons of run time on this one so let me know if you have received any questions!

Old 05-08-2019, 08:11 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Where is the "like it A LOT"-button!?
Nice wheel/tire combo you have there (LURC?).
I built a fuel cell like box for my esc and run the battery up front. Recently switched to a Mamba X and a 3brothers Kratos motor though - and that's not gonna fit in there
I am working on all the decals at the moment ... I bet we all have the same pic/rig for inspiration!

Name:  jeep-wrangler-mopar-gen-iii-5-7-liter-hemi-side-view.jpg
Views: 1791
Size:  91.2 KB
Old 05-08-2019, 08:17 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxman View Post
Where is the "like it A LOT"-button!?

Nice wheel/tire combo you have there (LURC?).

I built a fuel cell like box for my esc and run the battery up front. Recently switched to a Mamba X and a 3brothers Kratos motor though - and that's not gonna fit in there

I am working on all the decals at the moment ... I bet we all have the same pic/rig for inspiration!

Attachment 380948

You have an pics of how you did your grille? I tried to replicate it exactly with a 4 slot narrowed grille and that's when I realized how different it is from the actual rig. The real one is a lot narrower up front. Can't blame them though for wanting to run a body without crazy modifications.

And yes the wheels are LURC rock cutters I believe with SS rings. Tires are RC4WD Baja MTZ. I have km3's in predator compound but they are much wider and don't look as scale on the rig. They are also slightly smaller than the advertised 4.19" just like real km3's haha

Old 05-08-2019, 08:48 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I am fairly new to building my "own", so I had ro learn too, that while the cage looked good, it wouldn't match the original at all when it comes to details... and yes, they expect you to mount a Chinese or New Bright Jeep front end.

I used a Chinese Wrangler body that fit the bull bar and cage but also had room to narrow it a bit. So I cut out a wedge and bent it narrower. Still didn't look right with now six slots (and not mean enough). Then I cut the entire grille off the hood and made a template that I need to cut out of styrene still (now with five slots) - not much left of that Wrangler....
I will mount lights that are way bigger than the stock ones (like on my Bronco Wraith) for better proportions. Sorry, no recent pics yet, I don't have the rig at hand right now ... but seeing yours I need to finish mine as well!

BTW: sorry for hijacking this thread - we are still on topic though!

Name:  Bildschirmfoto 2019-05-08 um 21.38.54.jpg
Views: 1686
Size:  68.4 KB
Name:  Bildschirmfoto 2019-05-08 um 21.30.57.jpg
Views: 1697
Size:  77.1 KB
Name:  Bildschirmfoto 2019-05-08 um 21.38.43.jpg
Views: 1716
Size:  80.9 KB
Old 02-11-2020, 12:52 AM   #12

I want this cage, but built in Aluminum. That would be the ultimate.
000AJD is offline   Reply With Quote