Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: looking for 6inch tires for 2.2 wraith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2019, 08:05 PM   #1

Default looking for 6inch tires for 2.2 wraith

hey guys im new to here im just looking for some help or advice im trying to find bigger tires for my wraith so i can get more clearance on my diffs i have the orignal tires on it now and i cant seem to find anything bigger height wise also before someone says get hi lift axles right now i dont have enough to buy them or i would be doing that for sure i just cant seem to find any bigger tires or are there any hubs around that are like hi lift axles but not so expensive not sure if thats even possible any diff clearance tips would be appreciated
kushboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2019, 08:13 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: looking for 6inch tires for 2.2 wraith

The ProLine Super Swamper XLs are 5.8"
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 09:06 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

The JConcepts Ruptures and Scorpios are tall tires at 5.94"/5.98". Some Crawler Innovations Double Deuce 6.0" will also help them with the overall diameter you want...plus they help performance.
vinnieb729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 11:56 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Duratrax Deepwoods are ginormous too. Without a hard measurement, they're roughly 1/4" taller than a 2.2" Hyrax. They also outperform my Hyrax's in most situations, they just really need some firmer foams, they're cheaper too.

If dragging diffs is your primary concern, going with a narrower track width (narrower wheel hexes, narrower wheels, narrower hubs) will help in many situations by giving a greater breakover angle between tires (from tire, to axle, to the other tire on the same axle.)
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 10:51 PM   #5

narrowing is a great idea i honestly never even thought of that as a option i did end up choosing the deepwoods i need something with some height because where i climb there is a lot of big rocks laying on each other so there are big gaps that i need to get over and i just upgrade to xtra speed steel axle housings and it seems like with the orignal tires the pumpkin hits rock walls before the tires get the chance also my bumper is broken but nbd i got a steel chassis on its way now thanks for the info
kushboss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clearance, tires