Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: wraith 1.9 chassis fix?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2019, 11:29 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default wraith 1.9 chassis fix?

Has anyone come up with a solution for a broken front frame rail other then replacing it with a new one and then using one of the preventative measures out on the market. My chassis rail is broken and it would be cool if there was something out there to buy that would fix the broken piece. i have no front bumper now due to the broken chassis rail.

I will prolly just get replacements as i doubt there is anything out there like this but ya never know..

Thanks
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2019, 08:31 AM   #2

Default Re: wraith 1.9 chassis fix?

I just broke my frame just behind the bumper also. I just bought it and took it in my front yard and crawled for 20 minutes and bam broke. Not happy and replacement rails are on backorder. Not COOL
Jimmy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 09:14 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

i broke my og wraith cage so many times and at the time i broke the last set of rails they dident have anymore parts in stock so i went with the steel cage that was the start of my unsatisfaction with axial also why i started building my own rigs from scratch that cage alone disqualified me from running my wraith at axial fest so i stoped going i feel axial is leting its customers down by relesing junk that we all know is easy to fix from the factory
that broken frame should be warrented being its a manufactures defect they should just give you a new one if they dont have replacement parts available i would raise hell with axial then horizon till the problem is fixed

Last edited by ferp420; 06-04-2019 at 09:16 AM.
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 12:57 PM   #4
SSD
RCC Addict

The SSD chassis fix is ready and will be shipping to Amain this week. The product page is not up yet but will be next week.
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 01:02 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Contact Support. This is apparently a known issue that they're aware of:

Wraith 1.9?
johnnyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:09 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD View Post
The SSD chassis fix is ready and will be shipping to Amain this week. The product page is not up yet but will be next week.
is it a fix or a preventive? any info?
Old 06-07-2019, 03:05 PM   #7
SSD
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted View Post
is it a fix or a preventive? any info?
Preventative fix. Full aluminum brace over the tube chassis that stops any flex. Also an aluminum bumper mount as the stock plastic one is very flexible.

The product pages should be up early next week...
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 08:32 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Preventative fix. Full aluminum brace over the tube chassis that stops any flex. Also an aluminum bumper mount as the stock plastic one is very flexible.

thanks!
Old 08-19-2019, 01:33 PM   #9

Default wraith 1.9 chassis fix?

So I broke my 1.9 Wraith frame (probably do to a 5’ accidental fall off a retaining wall), this was at the rear tube frame rail on the passenger side. This happened about a week before attending Axialfest 19’ and although I put in a warranty claim with Horizon the frame kit was on back order status. To remedy this issue I drilled two small holes in the broken frame tubes and used black thin gage wire to tie the broken section back together. Since then the back ordered frame kit showed up a couple of days ago, long after Axialfest was over. It was interesting to see that this kit included the new revision of the beefed up front end section, looks like they have strengthened the front end tubes by adding extra gusset of molded plastic close to where the screw hole in the lower front tube fastens to the shock tower. I will hold off on using these parts for now as my repair is still holding strong! I’d use this repair in the field too, keep it in mind for you Wraith owners!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by Howlkat; 08-19-2019 at 01:38 PM.
Howlkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 10:12 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

i see you went full BGR on your wraith too. I just got done adding all my stuff.
Old 08-29-2019, 10:56 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlkat View Post
So I broke my 1.9 Wraith frame (probably do to a 5’ accidental fall off a retaining wall), this was at the rear tube frame rail on the passenger side. This happened about a week before attending Axialfest 19’ and although I put in a warranty claim with Horizon the frame kit was on back order status. To remedy this issue I drilled two small holes in the broken frame tubes and used black thin gage wire to tie the broken section back together. Since then the back ordered frame kit showed up a couple of days ago, long after Axialfest was over. It was interesting to see that this kit included the new revision of the beefed up front end section, looks like they have strengthened the front end tubes by adding extra gusset of molded plastic close to where the screw hole in the lower front tube fastens to the shock tower. I will hold off on using these parts for now as my repair is still holding strong! I’d use this repair in the field too, keep it in mind for you Wraith owners!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
More effort than I put in mine, which is broken in the same spot. I chose to ignore it cause replacing frame rails is too much work
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 11:53 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

Is it going to replace the panhard mount or brace it?
Psycho-Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote

wraith 1.9 chassis fix? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wraith hr links junk any fix for them? sanny632 Axial Wraith 10 02-07-2014 08:54 PM
How do you fix Wild Willy into your Wraith? Badboy_207 Axial Wraith 8 06-30-2012 05:42 PM
Chassis tip/lean/sideways. How to fix? RcBro Traxxas Crawlers 9 07-09-2006 11:11 PM
How do i fix my broken chassis? Dana44 General Crawlers 10 04-21-2006 12:59 AM