Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: c0bra ifs wraith 2.0 build!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2020, 07:26 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default c0bra ifs wraith 2.0 build!

Like the tittle says I am starting on version 2 of an ifs wraith build! I’m sure some of you are probably thinking what? Is he using a b1b conversion on a wraith??? The answer is no! As some of you may know back before the yeti came out ifs wraiths were fairly popular. There were 2 basic conversions that you would see.

1 version used the entire front half of an axial exo (without the cage) and ended up giving you a steering angle of about 3 degrees. That is a bit of an exaggeration but you get the idea, it was HORRIBLE.

The other conversion that you would see was blue monkey ifs conversion which basically replaced the exo chassis as well as the factory exo steering rack with a traxxas part.

Now version 1 of this build I did when these conversions were popular, about 6 years ago. That one was all stock parts and never really got finished. Plus there was the wheel offset issue back then.

Now onto the reason for this build thread! Ever since I finished my yeti score, and b1b build I’ve had the itch to get the trifecta of axial ifs/solid rear builds. Now I have a 1.9 ifs wraith but it’s not the same. I needed the 2.2 ifs wraith build!

With some exo parts being a nightmare to find, the exo chassis version didn’t seem like a good fit, so after some time searching I was able to stumble across the blue monkey conversion in the classifieds!

Upon receiving it and a ssd wide rear axle I proceeded to rip the conversion apart in order to check it out and make it nice and clean as well as replace any broken or damaged parts.

This is were I am currently at with the build. I’ve got a parts list that I need to fix as well as swap out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2020, 05:03 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: c0bra ifs wraith 2.0 build!

Ive received most of the parts that I’ve ordered so far, unfortunately I’m still waiting on more stuff!

A quick run through of what’s already here, I ordered all of the parts except the outdrives (how did I forget that) to rebuild the front diff as well as hd standard ratio gears. I am still waiting on the diff gasket as I will be running an open diff. For the rear axle I also picked up an incision locker.

For the rest of the front end I ordered a new bulkhead, toe block inserts (need toe blocks to), as well as yeti kit version turnbuckles to be able to make camber and toe adjustments. To finish off the front I also ordered an strc steering rack for the slash.

For the transmission I picked up a vanquish trans case, incision gears and outputs as well as fast eddy bearings.

I’ve also got a clear wraith body and way more of those annoying body mount screws than I will need, don’t worry I’ll loose most of them.

I’m still waiting on a super shafty motor plate, Robinson mod 1 spur (forget what tooth), locked up slipper eliminator and fast eddy bearings for the exo.

Old 02-01-2020, 06:25 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Subscribed!
Jbtamu1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 11:43 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Default c0bra ifs wraith 2.0 build!

I got even more parts in only to realize the slipper eliminator wouldn’t work! So I ripped apart a stock transmission and stole the top shaft and idler gear shaft out of it and built up the transmission. Sorry I have not taken any pics.

I started to build the diffs only to realize I ordered the wrong ones!! Then after getting the part number, it seems like it’s been discontinued from everywhere because searching for the axial part on amain brings up arrma parts???? Anyways I was able to find it for sale on eBay so it’s on its way

I’ve placed an order the motor and esc, this truck is getting a mamba x esc and a tekin roc412hd 3100kv

Old 02-08-2020, 11:59 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

So what exactly do you / did you get in the Blue Monkey conversion kit?
byrnieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 04:35 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrnieman View Post
So what exactly do you / did you get in the Blue Monkey conversion kit?

Here is a pic of what comes with the blue monkey ifs conversion. The pic is right off of there website which is still active.

It requires a traxxas slash 2wd steering rack and the front suspension off of an axial exo. Yeti front suspension works as well but it requires exo toe blocks.

The ifs wraith is basically the yeti before there ever was a yeti

Old 05-09-2020, 09:59 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Wow I am slow at working on some of the rc fleet!

Anyways I finally got the ifs rebuilt and put on the wraith. It’s running a savox 2290 servo with a vp servo horn. I used one of the vp links that came with the ifs as the drag link going to a strc slash 2wd steering rack. The annoying thing about getting the strc rack is you still need to buy 2 plastic bushings from the stock rack. The entire front end is using all new bushings and I think it’s got 10k in the front diff. It’s also got brand new yeti cvds and axial adjustable turn buckles for camber and toe.

The rear links are incision bomber since I couldn’t find the vp titanium versions anymore.

This rig is close to being done, it needs center driveshafts, 540 motor (I have a pro4 hd but it doesn’t clear), wheels and tires.

As far as wheels I have race line monsters and locked up jdub wheels. For tires I have 2.2 growlers and voodoo klr. I’m not sure which combination will go on this

Old 05-26-2020, 12:37 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Super cool.

s
SteveB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 02:43 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Looking good!