Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: MyJrBear's 1.9 Wraith "Ghostcrawler" Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2020, 09:23 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default MyJrBear's 1.9 Wraith "Ghostcrawler" Build

Today I have a new build called Ghostcrawler, It's a 1.9 Wraith. I do have most of the parts but you know some of them hard one's to get are still out there. Have some "light used" Currie rockjock 44 style axle's on the way. and you know me, I have to take them apart and clean all parts and put fresh cow rc udder butter and new avid bearings. I do have more build's going on, and you can look them up. thank you for looking at my build of the Ghostcrawler. Like always please leave any Questions or Comments.

myjrbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2020, 03:42 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: MyJrBear's 1.9 Wraith "Ghostcrawler" Build

Very cool build so far! Plans sound great!

You wouldn't happen to have the part number for that spur would ya? I have yet to upgrade that part of my rig...

I finally bought a Vanquish case but I had spare old SCX internals to throw in, so I'm now running a 48p spur. Works but leaves alot to be disired

Keep up the good work!
grob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 08:44 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by grob23 View Post
Very cool build so far! Plans sound great!

You wouldn't happen to have the part number for that spur would ya? I have yet to upgrade that part of my rig...

I finally bought a Vanquish case but I had spare old SCX internals to throw in, so I'm now running a 48p spur. Works but leaves alot to be disired

Keep up the good work!

The spur gear is a Robinson Racing part #RRP1549 for the SCX10/SMT10 (56T) and you would need a 32p pinion gear, And the other parts in the picture's to make my bear proof tranny, I build all my 3-gear tranny's like this.

Last edited by myjrbear; 11-02-2020 at 08:51 AM.
Old 11-04-2020, 03:06 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjrbear View Post
The spur gear is a Robinson Racing part #RRP1549 for the SCX10/SMT10 (56T) and you would need a 32p pinion gear, And the other parts in the picture's to make my bear proof tranny, I build all my 3-gear tranny's like this.
Awesome! Thanks for the part number!
I'll hopefully be placing an order soon And will be checking this build for ideas!
grob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 04:35 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Nice to see someone build the 1.9 Wraith kit that never was. I'm still waiting for it actually.

It's just the lower rails and the skid that are different from an old 2.2 wraith cage, correct?
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 08:57 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatmonkey View Post
Nice to see someone build the 1.9 Wraith kit that never was. I'm still waiting for it actually.

It's just the lower rails and the skid that are different from an old 2.2 wraith cage, correct?
Right....Links are 12.0
Old 01-05-2021, 09:24 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

Today I have a update on the Ghostcrawler build. I did get in the axle's, they are from a trade I made, and are in used condition. I did go though and installed a fresh batch of avid bearings and fresh cow rc udder butter. Only broke one screw on the diff cover. There is only one word I can say on these new shocks... "Amazing" and can't wait to test them. The mip driveshaft tough as always. The motor, Esc and the servo, all from Holmes Hobbies, Amazing as well. I wanted to send out a get better wish's out to John Holmes wife. Am waiting on a few parts for the wheels and tires, and should be in the next update. As most of you know I do run a small part time Rc shop out of my home, and no its not a hobby store, its more like a service like repairs, building. Last two picture's are examples of what I receive. And the photo's I do post on rc crawler are those of my personal builds. Please enjoy the build and like always leave any Questions or Comments.

MyJrBear's 1.9 Wraith "Ghostcrawler" Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MyJrbear's AX-10 Scorpion "Old PoPs" Build myjrbear Axial AX-10 Scorpion 13 01-17-2021 10:09 PM