Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith crawling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2021, 06:05 AM   #1

Default Wraith crawling

Hi

So after my Wraith has been sitting for a while I finally decided to give it some more TLC it needed...
What I am looking for is better crawling performance out of it while still keeping my scale look. This is what has been done too it so far:

Savox HV servo
Battery foward mount
HH 35t motor and correct gearing
Grade green piggyback shocks
Aluminum hubs and knuckles

These do not include any scale or fab mods too it also.

I have my ESC and BEC in the back in a nice scale box and would like to keep it there;)

I am wondering what links work best for ground clearance and also if a lowering kit will help me out alot for my CG etc?

Any suggestions would be helpful TIA

On a separate note does anyone now of a nice scale light bar that fits perfect on their roof and can be powered by another LIPO (ie more eight up front?

Thanks
Scott
baddley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2021, 08:57 AM   #2

Default Re: Wraith crawling

I have pretty much the same setup with brass hub weights and axial aluminum links, crawls great as it sits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rnmdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 10:06 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Try these to mess around with ride height and get it where you like it with the longer gmade shocks. You can probably find a cheaper alternative, but I use them with my BPC wraith chassis and they don’t look bad.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/bp-cust...aeq2uqpmzxactz

As for links, I use incision stainless links, but they’re super heavy, and not cheap. They make titanium ones that are awesome, but have a ridiculous price tag. I just bought a titanium high clearance link set for another vehicle from intheworksrc.com that didn’t break the bank.

I have the In The Works flat belly wraith skid which I decided not to use (would have caused body mounting issues with my flat rail chassis) so do some research in those. I’d part with mine for a fair price. That with some new links and shock relocation brackets would lower your center of gravity and let you dial in your suspension.
DRED805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 12:58 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Change out the transmission to the TGH 2.Low with the 30% overdrive. You need to fab a small 4mm riser under the transmission to make it fit, and move a few things around on the inside, but it completely changes the Wraith's crawling abilities.

s
SteveB1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Wraith crawling - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Two Axial Wraith crawling waqr Videos! 0 02-04-2017 01:28 AM
CRAWL - Wraith run #088 - Axial Wraith and RC4WD Bully rock crawling JoeConti Videos! 0 11-23-2015 07:59 AM
wraith crawling DIRTSLINGER Georgia 0 02-17-2014 06:52 PM
New to crawling/wraith Straxus Axial Wraith 3 06-21-2013 05:20 PM
Wraith 'FASTBACK' Crawling 14/11/12 douglastee Videos! 2 11-16-2012 06:11 PM