Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: TGH 2.LOW E.B.R. EDITION - Wraith Spawn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2021, 05:28 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default TGH 2.LOW E.B.R. EDITION - Wraith Spawn

Well,

Seems I was able to install a TGH 2.Low transmission into my Wraith Spawn, but I sure didn't start out with this plan. After dumping $200 into a Super Shafty transmission, only to send it back because the spur gear didn't run true, and then to get blown off by Super Shafty in all efforts to get the transmission returned ( I'm now out about $250 - no transmission, no refund, just ignored), I opted to try out one of the THG transmissions because it has the 30% overdrive.

Paired with a new Castle Copperhead / Slate combo, I took it out for a roll in the yard and it runs very smooth and quiet. Tomorrow morning will be the first day on the rocks and I'm looking forward to seeing just how much improvement the 30% overdrive makes on the Wraith's performance.

I hope tomorrow goes well and will report back on the results. Oh, and the spur gear on this runs true. Later on I will clean up some of the wiring, once I'm sure everything is in the right spot.

SteveB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2021, 06:00 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default TGH 2.LOW E.B.R. EDITION - Wraith Spawn

Rig looks killer dude. Sounds like a cool set up.

Maybe try reaching out to SS via IG or on here. I’ve also had a lot of comms probs when I try to use their email service, but it may just be an email server issue. They are generally pretty helpful as far as CS if you can use a different medium to contact them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Davey; 09-17-2021 at 06:43 PM.
Davey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 06:13 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: TGH 2.LOW E.B.R. EDITION - Wraith Spawn

Nice wraith! Keep us posted on what happens with supershafty. I was tossing around the idea of getting that bombproof tranny for a bomber/wraith hybrid, instead of a vanquish 3-gear. Not if they don't have a good excuse for dicking around their customers.

What kv motor did you go with?
DRED805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 06:40 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Since July,

6 emails, 2 IM messages on IG, 2 messages through website contact , and 1 hand written letter. Each time I have offered to pay for return shipping. Radio silence.

It's a loss at this point.

Looking forward to putting this behind me and enjoying the TGH transmission!

s
Old 09-17-2021, 06:44 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB1 View Post
Looking forward to putting this behind me and enjoying the TGH transmission!

s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Davey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 07:01 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Subscribed! The Wraith is my favorite crawler. I'm anxious to see what this thing does with 30% overdrive!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 11:34 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

10 minutes into the first battery pack, and I'm absolutely sold on this new transmission. The 2.Low completely changes the crawling performance of the Wraith. Even with these not-so-sticky Gmade tires, I still scaled a number of tricky lines that were completely out of the question before.

I find the 30% Overdrive excellent for focused rock crawling, but if it's too much for your taste, you can back that off a bit by changing different gears in the rear axle. At $170, it's well worth the money. In a round about way, I'm glad that SS didn't pan out because I would have not been forced to get another transmission. Unfortunately it was a $250 lesson

The Castle Copperhead combo is pretty good, and I'm running the 1900 kv motor. I need to tune it a bit more, but so far so good. Not quite a "crawlery" feeling as my Brood brushed motors, but still smooth and strong.

Old 09-19-2021, 03:37 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Another morning on the trail testing out a set of Gmade 2.2 MT-2202 tires, and the Wraith feels like an entirely different animal with the new transmission.

These tires are a good all-around trail tire, but nothing magical, and the Wraith was still able to handle some respectable climbs. It takes a bit of fooling with and fitting, but I feel its some of the best money you can spend on the Wraith if rock crawling is your game.

Old 10-02-2021, 03:46 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

More trail time has proved to me this is the transmission to get for the Wraith if rock crawling is your game. Super Shafty at $200 is an absolute waste of money; get the TGH 2.Low and you will be well ahead.

TGH 2.LOW E.B.R. EDITION - Wraith Spawn - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unboxed my New Spawn Edition Wraith.... h8onit Axial Wraith 29 01-20-2015 09:19 AM