Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Flash sale Spawn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2023, 08:11 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Flash sale Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Those are styled like the good ol' Carter Fabrications panels... Nice looking!
Thanks, I got the idea from the bed I saw in this fastback conversion on shapeways. Searched a bit after seeing that and wasn't able to find any other info so I went about making one.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/9G...n-for-radiator

Eventually I'll probably get that fastback setup as well. Kind resembles the lines on my big crawler.

bgredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2023, 07:06 AM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Well here's a first for me. I just found my battery tray template design being sold on ebay as an actual battery tray. So not only are they selling my part, and using my pictures (ones i posted here and fb, but not on thingiverse), they are also misrepresenting what it is. They even included my thingiverse name in the description. Looks like they are selling the drill template that couldn't even be installed to a wraith. Lol

Some people. I asked them to remove it so we'll see how that goes.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/32549519478...mis&media=COPY

Just in case they do remove it, captured for posterity
Old 03-01-2023, 09:12 AM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Wow...

The world today.

That's somewhat flattering, in a way!

durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 10:18 AM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Wow...

The world today.

That's somewhat flattering, in a way!

That's pretty much exactly how I took it. Flattered for a second, then wtf... lol
Old 03-01-2023, 11:43 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper

You know you have a good product when…

At least they gave you credit, it isn’t listed anymore.
hnoroian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 11:45 AM   #46
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgredjeep View Post
Well here's a first for me. I just found my battery tray template design being sold on ebay as an actual battery tray. So not only are they selling my part, and using my pictures (ones i posted here and fb, but not on thingiverse), they are also misrepresenting what it is. They even included my thingiverse name in the description. Looks like they are selling the drill template that couldn't even be installed to a wraith. Lol

Some people. I asked them to remove it so we'll see how that goes.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/32549519478...mis&media=COPY

Just in case they do remove it, captured for posterity
I just picked up a LP servo from 1up racing and never got confirmation about it. I messaged them and did the same thing. someone made their own 1up site basically selling his stuff but not them. I messaged PP and they refunded and will be blocking the user. when I told him about it, he said he knew it was there but nothing he could do since they are in China. but I got my money back.

really crappy
xxlostonexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 10:19 AM   #47
Quarry Creeper

I got the Wraith out on the local trails this weekend. I've made a few changes since my last outing.

I raised the skid to be flush with the chassis. Due to my front battery mount location, I ended up flipping the skid 180° so the trans is reverse from the stock orientation. Of course this meant flipping all the axles around to match the trans outputs. It was kind of a pain, but it worked and I don't have to worry about the battery and slipper making contact.

I also picked up a set of those Amazon brass knuckles. I wanted to open up a bit more steering angle since I'm not (currently) planning to 4ws this car. I'm not big on brass and adding a ton of weight. This was my first brass part and holy hell is it heavy. It added way more weight overall than I was looking for, so I chopped them up a bit to take about 35 grams off each knuckle. On the trail they worked great.

The final update was underdrive gears in the back. This combined with the knuckles really helped the car steer better on the trail.

That's all trail dust on the parts in this picture. This prompted me to order sealed bearings for the outer and upper/lower bearings on this. Basically replacing all the non-sealed bearings that came with the knuckles.
Old 10-01-2023, 06:47 AM   #48
Quarry Creeper

I picked up a dlux truss for the front axle on this car. I've wanted to try the u4 truss for a while, and finally grabbed one.

The install went pretty smoothly. After the install I found the servo horn his the chassis before bump. I ordered a dlux servo horn that's a bit narrower than my clamping horn and that should clear up the interference. I also ordered some new links for the tie-rod and drag link. Going with a straight tie-rod and offset rod ends.

Another item I didn't expect was the rod ends hitting the end of the truss while steering. I had to put the tie-rod on top of the knuckle and it clears to lock again. This probably wouldn't be an issue if I didn't have the c-hubs laid back for more caster.

Before

Old 10-02-2023, 02:07 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

While waiting for the dlux links, I dug the servo horn from my scx10 pro out to install in this thing. This cleared the chassis going straight, but brought out a new issue. If I flex the drivers side tire, the servo horn could go past the chassis and lock out the steering (left turn).

That lead to a minor rabbit hole and a custom chassis rail to gain some clearance. Not my best work, but it clears the steering through full travel now. I used some 3/16 steel tube and some 16ga flat stock to replace the short section between the bumper and the chassis.

Last edited by bgredjeep; 10-02-2023 at 02:10 PM.
Old 10-03-2023, 12:53 PM   #50
Quarry Creeper

Things happened. I wasn't super happy with the solution I had come up with. Yadda yadda yadda, the whole front end got cut off.

I designed these supports to brace the shock mounts and tie the chassis back together. The plan was to make them aluminum, but I honestly don't think that is needed. I added a brace across just for some overkill. I might still do aluminum later, but this will work for now. Either way, no more clearance issues.

Old 10-05-2023, 07:48 PM   #51
Quarry Creeper

In my usual fashion, I had an idea, and executed the idea. Then over the next day or 2, I came up with a slightly better idea. Isn't 3d printing great? Lol

This afternoon I revised the supports for the frame chop. I extended them forward so I could tie it into the front hood portion of the cage. Since the bumper is gone I wanted to make this a bit more sturdy. After the install, the whole front end feels more rigid than stock. The brace bolts in the same as before, and the forward supports connect with zip ties around the front tube.

Test fit before I printed the other side

And done

Last edited by bgredjeep; 10-05-2023 at 07:56 PM.
Old 10-06-2023, 01:33 PM   #52
Quarry Creeper

I just finished getting my wheels cleaned up (fresh paint and scale hardware), so here's a pic of it all back together after the frame chop.

Old 10-13-2023, 03:10 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

One finial version of the chassis support for the frame chop. The printed part probably would have been fine, but i wanted something a little nicer. I went with 3mm carbon fiber from send cut send. I printed 4mm spacers to fill the gap at the bottom.

Old 10-14-2023, 08:58 AM   #54
Quarry Creeper

And a last little bit of bracing (certainly overkill). I printed a couple cross supports to finish it out.

Old 10-16-2023, 03:46 AM   #55

I had the same problem with the DLux truss hitting the chassi. I didn't want to cut the chassi nor lose the front bumper, so I ended up switching back to the original truss and link mount. I might, however, try and design a new truss/servo mount that doesn't hit the chassi

Enviado do meu SM-A515F através do Tapatalk
NunoTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Flash sale Spawn - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Horizon Flash sale twade984 Axial RR10 Bomber 133 06-18-2022 12:08 AM
Ventures on flash sale! jason02ws6 HPI Venture 3 11-05-2019 07:54 AM