Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith parts???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2022, 07:53 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Wraith parts???

Been gone for quite some time. Dug out my 2 Wraiths, one is basically stock but needs Trans gears, found those, but what had happened to all the readily available parts? I know now they are discontinued, but does anything really compare to them? I just used them to bash around with my son . But need to rebuild his, so looking around for parts or should I just buy something else that it was replaced by??
Thanks in advance!
Wacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2022, 07:59 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Wraith parts???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacki View Post
Been gone for quite some time. Dug out my 2 Wraiths, one is basically stock but needs Trans gears, found those, but what had happened to all the readily available parts? I know now they are discontinued, but does anything really compare to them? I just used them to bash around with my son . But need to rebuild his, so looking around for parts or should I just buy something else that it was replaced by??

Thanks in advance!
Don't hold me to this, but check out a bomber transmission. That may be what you need/could use.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Goos3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 08:14 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Wraiths are still hard to beat I have 2 originals and 3 Wraith spawns. I believe that the spawn is the same in every part except the body is a little different but will still fit the original Wraith just fine. You should have no trouble scoring axial or aftermarket parts at all. I'd say rebuild them. Each model has its strengths and weaknesses depends on what you want to do with them really. A well built Wraith can hold up well. I love the new Ryft for some more spirited driving rock bouncing but time will tell if it holds up.....

Honestly unless they are in really bad shape you have them already. Still going to be cheaper to fix those up vs buying a couple new rigs and fixing all the problem out of the box.

Last edited by SCX10 JK; 10-24-2022 at 08:20 PM.
SCX10 JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 08:23 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I really like the wraith...I do slow crawling. I have over and under gears in my different, was trying different wt oil and spring rates on mine. Really enjoyed it other than burning up the HH 35T motors. Have 3 that I am in the process of "refreshing ". Broke out the old lathe to smooth them up. Wonder if they will ever bring them back? Looked at the Capra....not sure if it's worth trying out or not yet. Looks cool, not sure on the 4ws though.
Wacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 09:00 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

i use wraith parts as the base for alot of my custom builds i get them on ebay stock parts are drying up but the spawn last i checked is still for sale so there still available but not as popular as they used to be
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 09:44 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacki View Post
I really like the wraith...I do slow crawling. I have over and under gears in my different, was trying different wt oil and spring rates on mine. Really enjoyed it other than burning up the HH 35T motors. Have 3 that I am in the process of "refreshing ". Broke out the old lathe to smooth them up. Wonder if they will ever bring them back? Looked at the Capra....not sure if it's worth trying out or not yet. Looks cool, not sure on the 4ws though.

4ws is pretty cool I have that on one of my Wraiths its pretty easy to do and makes it a very capable crawler. I also have dig on that same Wraith. Its running a HH BR-XL with a Tekin pro hd 35t and a 2 10amp CC Bec. Savox SV1270tg servos for steering and a Savox SW0231MG for the dig. Never had a issue with this setup controlled by a Spektrum DX5c.

If your cooking motors you may need to change gearing or may have some binding going on. My kids stock Spawn is still running the crap Axial motor for about 4 years now on 3s ......... Wish it would die and give me an excuse to upgrade it.

I too have looked into the Capra but I'm not sold it is very cramped for space needs tiny batteries has a piece of junk dig setup that will work fine with a very expensive micro servo. All in all the Capra is cool looking and such but I'm just not sure its worth it. I see lightly used Capras for sale all the time. Rarely have I seen a good built Wraith for sale. I have never run a Capra but I'll stick to my Wraith, plus I have 2 more junkers in bins for spare parts.
Old 10-24-2022, 10:02 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Daughters Wraith and my 4ws Wraith.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Old 10-25-2022, 03:03 AM   #8
RCC Addict

You need to run a 550 motor in the Wraith. It's too heavy for a 540.
fyrstormer is offline   Reply With Quote