Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Axial XR10 Tips & Tricks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2011, 11:35 AM   #101

use the search button! I would suggest you get Vanquish Products motor plates and or transmission cases.
NorthwestYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2011, 12:02 PM   #102
Quarry Creeper

AS I STATED IN THE POST " OK ... i have searched and searched " I believe that indicates that I did indeed use the search button.

Last edited by BUGGYBOY; 07-05-2011 at 03:21 PM.
BUGGYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:05 PM   #103
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUGGYBOY View Post
AS I STATED IN THE POST " OK ... i have searched and searched " I believe that indicates that I did indeed use the search button.
Hey Man, I searched for an hour and finally found this again. Some people just don't understand how hard it is to find the info you are looking for. Anyhow, here is one thing I found and am in the process of doing myself. I hope this link works for you. Ittybitty's BJV4 XR10
It's in ittybitty's build, about 4 or 5 pages in on the XR10 threads. I hope this helps, and the next time you need help I hope no one gives you any $hit about it. That is what a forum is for, to help one another! Good luck with your build.
TJ Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:06 PM   #104

My idea of doing research is picking each others brain for ideas and what worked for you.. I don't know how many times people told me the same thing they told you.. What a joke.. It is harder to be rude to people than just to answer someone's questions..
LJ(Josh) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:11 PM   #105
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Steve View Post
Hey Man, I searched for an hour and finally found this again. Some people just don't understand how hard it is to find the info you are looking for. Anyhow, here is one thing I found and am in the process of doing myself. I hope this link works for you. Ittybitty's BJV4 XR10
It's in ittybitty's build, about 4 or 5 pages in on the XR10 threads. I hope this helps, and the next time you need help I hope no one gives you any $hit about it. That is what a forum is for, to help one another! Good luck with your build.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ(Josh) View Post
My idea of doing research is picking each others brain for ideas and what worked for you.. I don't know how many times people told me the same thing they told you.. What a joke.. It is harder to be rude to people than just to answer someone's questions..
How to use the Search button
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:50 AM   #106
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the link, I always use search as a first resort. I do try the advanced search and I am getting better. BUT a lot of time you just get so many hits back and after a day or two of trying differnt ways of entering the info I give up and ask. I have been a member sence I think 07 , not a nu be but deffinetley not a know it all. Like you stated some people just have to rise a feather or two for fun. Best just not to repsond and move on or give a quick answer or help. I read through a lot of these posts looking fo tid bits of info. And I do get a lot. THANKS!!
BUGGYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:39 PM   #107

I intialy cut the motor plate, but now I have upgraded to vanquish motor plates which are awesome.
rockslide24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:03 PM   #108

I just got my machined gears and VP trans cases today in the mail so I can up grade my XR.. I didn't get the VP motor plates yet but I'm sure I will need them sooner or later.. Can someone please tell me the big advantage in having them..?? Or is it just a good upgrade for something that is going to break?? I'm just kind of on a budget and didn't want to add another $40 to my order this time around.. Gears and cases were bad enough @ $160 +shipping..

VP needs to have some sales once in awhiledamn there stuff is pricey.. I know it's good stuff and they are the best.. I'm sure I will catch crap for not searching for myself..
LJ(Josh) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:42 AM   #109
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Thanks for the link, I always use search as a first resort. I do try the advanced search and I am getting better. BUT a lot of time you just get so many hits back and after a day or two of trying differnt ways of entering the info I give up and ask. I have been a member sence I think 07 , not a nu be but deffinetley not a know it all. Like you stated some people just have to rise a feather or two for fun. Best just not to repsond and move on or give a quick answer or help. I read through a lot of these posts looking fo tid bits of info. And I do get a lot. THANKS!!
Second that, i find the search licks my gooch, yes i use it and know how to aswell. They need to lift googles search technology lol.
Elliott000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:02 PM   #110

Would there be any room in this thread to put a little info about running the front axle case in the rear. I have been wanting to do this but I have not been able figure out what axle shafts I need for the rear now.
F1004fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:17 PM   #111
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1004fun View Post
Would there be any room in this thread to put a little info about running the front axle case in the rear. I have been wanting to do this but I have not been able figure out what axle shafts I need for the rear now.
I haven't done the switch over yet to running fronts in the rear, but I find that one long screw that acts as a joint, is a cling on spot for rocks.

I believe all you need is the front upper like mount, axle housing and the shaft that holds the final gear in place. other than that I believe your driveline doesn't need to be changed at all, since I believe the front and rear gears are the exact same.
MRCCRAWLER1.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:04 PM   #112

The axle shaft is the problem that I am having with doing the conversion. Front what I have measured, the XR10 rear axle shaft is 110mm on one side and 117mm on the other. After mocking up the parts so far I need an axle that is 115mm on both sides, but I can't find out what those came in?
F1004fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:50 PM   #113
RCC Addict

Rear axle clicking/popping fix. I had severe clicking and popping, that was completely eliminated after following this guys tip. This works and everyone should check your rear axle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antikas View Post
I always thought that the rear axle gear problems were caused by the seats of final gear bearings being oval and letting the bearings move up and down, making the mesh too loose.

At first I thought that maybe I just had a bad axle case or the case halves weren't tightened enough, but after swapping cases for new ones and tightening them down with care there was still the same slop.
The front axle final gear bearings are seated perfectly.

So I just "shimmed" the bottom of bearing seats with a couple of paper strips and had no gear problems after that.
Of course I still have to replace a few blown bearings after each comp, because I run stock everything.
articzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:26 PM   #114
Rock Crawler

execpt if you made the front case mod !!

no rear case, no slop, no click !!!
dude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #115

Default dual esc on axial

Hi Everyone. I have done some searching, about 3 hours worth and no luck.

I have noticed on allot of the xr10 build pics with dual esc's it looks like there are capacitors soldiered in. For instance here: Best XR10 Wiring Jobs... Are these capacitors? Is this something I will need to do? If so, what specs do you recommend?

Sorry for such noob questions.
natesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:16 AM   #116
Rock Crawler

FXR had capacitor in the bag, so just use it .
dude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:04 AM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude26 View Post
FXR had capacitor in the bag, so just use it .
Great thanks.
natesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:26 AM   #118

Get away from the dual ESC and just a Punk Dig Unit. Best thing I ever installed in mine besides the Mamba Max ESC. Just my opinion.
Mikejordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:55 AM   #119
RCC Addict

Give it a few months and you'll disagree when it's starts sticking.
PipeDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:48 PM   #120
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikejordan23 View Post
Get away from the dual ESC and just a Punk Dig Unit. Best thing I ever installed in mine besides the Mamba Max ESC. Just my opinion.

Dual ESC drives so much better in my eyes then single ESC and a punk.
articzap is offline   Reply With Quote