Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: VP Bronze Transmission Bushings

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 01:16 PM   #1
TN State Champ 11,12,13

Default VP Bronze Transmission Bushings

I just wanted to get the opinions of those running the VP bronze transmission bushings. I have heard of some who had some problems with installation and thought this would be a good place to discuss.

I installed mine this weekend with no difficulty. They do require a little filing with a round file to ensure they fit each gear shaft prior to closing up the case. This step is important, if you don't check each bushing will fit each shaft there could be some binding when the case is closed back up.

Once the case is closed, a break-in period is need to ensure smooth operation. There is a noticible amount of drag on the gears initially but, after a few packs it has worn in nicely with little to no noticible drag in the tranny. I just ran mine around the driveway for 20 or 30 minutes.

One last note, I have noticed a significant increase in axle noise now due to the bushings. Kinda sucks because I was loving how quiet the axles were. This is a small price to pay given the insurance I now have that I won't explode a bearing during a comp. Not complaining just worth note.

I'm really pleased with the bushing kit and would recommend it to anyone on the fence.

Thanks Vanquish
Pdog7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2010, 01:47 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Mine runs smooth and still quite...The more ya run it the better it gets.
fa1rch1ld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:08 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I have ceramics in the back and bronze in the front and the bronze is quieter than the bearings so far. The bushings were way cheaper too
oneeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:11 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Does the bronze kit just come with the three flanged bearings or all 7?? I have seen this somewhere before but i not have only blew out the flanged ones but the 2 of the ones in the cover!! thanks guys
junior ax10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:25 PM   #5
TN State Champ 11,12,13

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior ax10 View Post
Does the bronze kit just come with the three flanged bearings or all 7?? I have seen this somewhere before but i not have only blew out the flanged ones but the 2 of the ones in the cover!! thanks guys
All seven
Pdog7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:29 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdog7 View Post
All seven
Sweet ill have 2 of those one the way tomorrow and may just buy me a transfer gear if axial don't reply by the end of today!! Oh well its for the best lol cant wait to get these in my rig and go crawling again this rig is unbelievable!!
junior ax10 is offline   Reply With Quote