Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Harley's Complete XR10 Guide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2011, 05:40 PM   #21
Try to Bend it

Justin it is hard to recommend something you have never used. That would be like saying " intergy parts are great, I have never used them". Give the guy a break he didn't have to do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
At this point I have first hand expierence with every product I have listed and I think that is important if I am posting this as my opinion.

Cheers Harley, for putting in the effort.
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2011, 06:49 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Great start on this thread Harley. Some of it would have been helpfull a couple months ago.. lol I read a ton of stuff and this is nice having it summed up.

Look forward to updates.

A suggestion about crap bearings and how to fix ahould be thrown in there somewhere. VP or home mod

Battery suggestions along with where/how they are mounted due to different sizes. axle mount or chassis

I wouldn't recommend a POS Spektrum to anyone for anything either.
BurnLatex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:22 AM   #23
RCC Addict

woah, i really needed that list for wheels and chasis, thanks for making my mind up harley!
MRCCRAWLER1.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:43 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

Great write up Harley!!!

I'm missing the good old Futaba 3pk(s).
This is still a nice transmitter for someone with a smaller budget. Second hand thes things are cheap!!
The only thing i can't doe with it, is proporional to 120 for the rear motor.
The rest works the same as the 4pk
douwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:56 AM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Hey Harley,

A ways back in the thread you mentioned posting up wiring diagrams for the new starters with this type of MOA crawler just wondering if you could find the time to post up a diagram running Dual ESC's, Dig Switch, CC BEC, a Hi-Voltage Servo and 3 Channel Radio? just to help us 3 Channel Guys out that can't afford a 4PK or have just bought a DX3R, 3PM-MX or similar.
Note: search on this subject comes up empty just more people searching the same with no answers.

Cheers Robb.

Last edited by bogfrog; 01-20-2011 at 04:21 AM.
bogfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:59 AM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogfrog View Post
Hey Harley,

A ways back in the thread you mentioned posting up wiring diagrams for the new starters with this type of MOA crawler just wondering if you could find the time to post up a diagram running Dual ESC's, Dig Switch, CC BEC, a Hi-Voltage Servo and 3 Channel Radio? just to help us 3 Channel Guys out that can't afford a 4PK or have just bought a DX3R or similar.

Cheers Robb.

oh man, i would like that too! running dual ESCs..

but bogfrog, you know you can get the M2 dig from Novak, which acts like a Dual ESC, while having the Dig switch and proportional like a 4pk?

i run it in my XR-10, and with my DX3R and it works like a charm!

id highly reccomend that if you have a 3channel already
Old 01-20-2011, 04:09 AM   #27
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCCRAWLER1.9 View Post
oh man, i would like that too! running dual ESCs..

but bogfrog, you know you can get the M2 dig from Novak, which acts like a Dual ESC, while having the Dig switch and proportional like a 4pk?

i run it in my XR-10, and with my DX3R and it works like a charm!

id highly reccomend that if you have a 3channel already
Yeah looked at that option but been too many problems with the M2
and now you can get proportional dig for the DX3R or 3PM-MX from wantAsummit's web site similar to Novak or PunkRC but proportional so going to try it out?
Dual ESC Adapter (Proportional + Dig) for DX3R or 3PM-MX

Robb.

Last edited by bogfrog; 01-20-2011 at 04:21 AM.
bogfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:24 AM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:
Yeah looked at that option but been too many problems with the M2
and now you can get proportional dig for the DX3R or 3PM-MX from wantAsummit's web site similar to Novak or PunkRC but proportional so going to try it out?
Dual ESC Adapter (Proportional + Dig) for DX3R or 3PM-MX

Robb.
Already have the m2 I don't have an issue with it other than alittle glitchy and dig isn't too strong as I'd like it to be
Old 01-20-2011, 06:41 AM   #29
RCC Addict

im thinking about getting a xr 10 but nothing me ill want brushless i was thinking 2 old crawlmaster 750kv on a 3c and two q33 esc. but maybe brushed would be better after not crawling so long. one last thing i can stil use my nomadio react or is it not that good fo a radio any more
brushlessnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:57 AM   #30
RCC Addict

shit man i rembere cog i was around when we 1st started using brushless motors. i really like the power of the brushed motor i just have some brushless motors laying aroudn and i thoguh with the gearing on the xr10 the already good crawlmaster might work even better

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
Your Nomadio will work just fine. Motorman form our group uses one

As far as brushless goes, it is not the preferred setup for crawling, but can work. You would want to go sensored though. Sensorless will cog on startup and in a bind. You need smooth startup and low end resolution, so the esc needs to know where the rotor position is.

Great write up Harley, definitely a plus for those newer to the hobby
Old 01-20-2011, 08:21 AM   #31
RCC Addict

would a Futaba 4PK give me a more useable radio for a xr10 then a react?
Old 01-20-2011, 08:33 AM   #32
RCC Addict

Ugh no offense, but why the f-ck would you buy a comp crawler and drop in a brushless system. It's starting to annoy me how people who've never been crawling, just buy the xr and just put in a brushless system. If you going to do that, you migt as well have gotten the ax-10..
Old 01-20-2011, 08:35 AM   #33
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCCRAWLER1.9 View Post
It's starting to annoy me how people who've never been crawling, blah..blah...

Brushlessnut has been around for a while, he competed at Nats and several other major comps back in the day, ease up there Mr. 2010
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:38 AM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushlessnut View Post
IMO, the React would be perfect for a dual ESC system. I use mine to control my dual ESC Berg, Dual ESC Front/Rear steer super, and my comp MRC.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:40 AM   #35
Donkey Punch Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
Brushlessnut has been around for a while, he competed at Nats and several other major comps back in the day, ease up there Mr. 2010
LEE!!! How you doing man. LONG time no talk. Hope all is well.

This guy was always buying the coolest stuff LONG ago. Some people got NO idea. Welcome back Lee.
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:19 AM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlucks View Post
Justin it is hard to recommend something you have never used. That would be like saying " intergy parts are great, I have never used them". Give the guy a break he didn't have to do this.
To a certain extent I agree. However, I don't have VP gears and bushings in my trannys, yet know enough from this forum to be able to say they are a valuable addition.

Yes, it may say "Harley's" guide, but it also says "Complete". If he is going to automatically disregard items he doesn't have personal experience on, then it cannot be considered "complete".

I'm not a hater....I always like to read build threads and such, because there is always valuable info inside, and as I stated in my post, I look forward to seeing his info in the other sections.

I'm merely pointing out that he's made it clear that this will likely favor his sponsors over other manufacturers. He's said as much. So I'm just the devils advocate to point this out.

There is a similar guide in the MRC Mini Rock Crawler forum, which is stickied, but is much less biased and is more of a general listing of options. I think it should be used as a blueprint for threads like this. As is, if he is going to be mostly listing his sponsors, then his build thread should suffice for this info.

Flame away if you want. I'm not against the thread, it's just that with the focus he has chosen to use I don't think it makes a good "Complete XR-10 Guide".
JustinThyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:28 AM   #37
R.I.P. Chip

This is Harley's Complete XR10 Guide, it includes everything Harley want's to include, it's HIS GUIDE.

If you want to make JustinThyme's All encompasing XR10 Guide feel free to give it a go.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:32 AM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
ease up there Mr. 2010
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:39 AM   #39
RCC Addict

hey guys thanks for remembering me i though for sure jason would have forgot about me but it was very nice to see the kind words from you to. yea like baller and jason said i was always looking for the new coolest thing i have had 100's of brushless setups in my crawlers over the years but i guess after i left things changed for the brushed motors. i always looked up to jason and harley as they always seemed like great guys when i talked to them and ryan and i have drive in alot of comps togather hes beat me alot and i have beat him a couple times lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller View Post
LEE!!! How you doing man. LONG time no talk. Hope all is well.

This guy was always buying the coolest stuff LONG ago. Some people got NO idea. Welcome back Lee.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:05 AM   #40
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by douwe View Post
Great write up Harley!!!

I'm missing the good old Futaba 3pk(s).
This is still a nice transmitter for someone with a smaller budget. Second hand thes things are cheap!!
The only thing i can't doe with it, is proporional to 120 for the rear motor.
The rest works the same as the 4pk
The 3PK is a good radio too but there are better options available now. Used items are always cheaper but it is hard to recommend that someone goes out and buys a used item.

Quote:
Hey Harley,

A ways back in the thread you mentioned posting up wiring diagrams for the new starters with this type of MOA crawler just wondering if you could find the time to post up a diagram running Dual ESC's, Dig Switch, CC BEC, a Hi-Voltage Servo and 3 Channel Radio? just to help us 3 Channel Guys out that can't afford a 4PK or have just bought a DX3R, 3PM-MX or similar.
Note: search on this subject comes up empty just more people searching the same with no answers.

Cheers Robb.
I will try and get to some wiring diagrams for other setups. I have updated the second post with a couple diagrams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushlessnut View Post
I don't have any expierence with the React. The 4PL will get you tons of control for a great price and there is support for it unlike the React.

Last edited by Harley; 01-20-2011 at 10:34 PM.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-xr10/293775-harleys-complete-xr10-guide.html
Posted By For Type Date
兩個電變,兩個魔打,兩個電池,一個接收(receiver) - 慢爬攀岩車技術討論板 - RC-遙控車RC-EVOLUTION遙控工房模型論壇 - Powered by Discuz! This thread Refback 03-05-2013 04:16 AM
可否請各位大大分享一下現役的轉向伺服機 - 越野車、大腳車、攀岩車 This thread Refback 02-14-2013 06:19 PM
www.rccrawler-france.com: Forum Dedié aux Crawler et Scales Radio-Commandé en France, Conseils, Astuces pour Créations Chassis Complet, News, Galeries Photos, Liens Utiles • Afficher le sujet - Améliorations indispensables au Xr10 This thread Refback 10-07-2011 04:52 AM
Crawl ANZ • View topic - dual esc This thread Refback 10-07-2011 01:53 AM