Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Harley's Complete XR10 Guide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 11:11 AM   #41
20K Club

Info added about upgraded links.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2011, 11:18 AM   #42
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
To a certain extent I agree. However, I don't have VP gears and bushings in my trannys, yet know enough from this forum to be able to say they are a valuable addition.
I can't say that I know 95% of the people on this board enough to blindly follow and take their opinion as fact. I have the opportunity to try most things on the market and when I find things I like then I will add them.

Quote:
Yes, it may say "Harley's" guide, but it also says "Complete". If he is going to automatically disregard items he doesn't have personal experience on, then it cannot be considered "complete".
At no point did I say that "Harley" and "Complete" were mutually exclusive terms in the title. It is my complete guide, not just my guide or a complete guide.

Quote:
I'm not a hater....I always like to read build threads and such, because there is always valuable info inside, and as I stated in my post, I look forward to seeing his info in the other sections.

I'm merely pointing out that he's made it clear that this will likely favor his sponsors over other manufacturers. He's said as much. So I'm just the devils advocate to point this out.
I favor my sponsors because I only pick sponsors that have product that can stand up to the best. I lists lots of products here that have nothing to do with sponsors and some that are in direct competition with them. My sponsors know I have an honest oppinion and won't just blow smoke up their ass.

Quote:
There is a similar guide in the MRC Mini Rock Crawler forum, which is stickied, but is much less biased and is more of a general listing of options. I think it should be used as a blueprint for threads like this. As is, if he is going to be mostly listing his sponsors, then his build thread should suffice for this info.
That thread lists items but doesn't give a lot of great info. This will help people walk through making decisions, not just seeing what parts Company A and Company B make for a toy truck.

Quote:
Flame away if you want. I'm not against the thread, it's just that with the focus he has chosen to use I don't think it makes a good "Complete XR-10 Guide".
No but it makes Harley's Complete Guide.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:32 AM   #43
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
Which by my remedial understanding of how things go around here is why it was born as a thread and not a sticky, even when a mod is the OP.
And if it ends up being one it WILL NOT be by my doing.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:39 AM   #44
Pebble Pounder

Location: The Dirty Dirty, A-Town, ATL, The A, Hot-Lana, ATLANTA GEORGIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post

I favor my sponsors because I only pick sponsors that have product that can stand up to the best. I lists lots of products here that have nothing to do with sponsors and some that are in direct competition with them. My sponsors know I have an honest oppinion and won't just blow smoke up their ass.
Well said...

And besides.... it's always nice to have something a little different that works well too! It don't take all this fancy stuff to do good even at a major comp.
mrdrinksalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:45 AM   #45
20K Club

Working on the Axle section now. Everyone be prepared though.....I will be recommending Vanquish stuff and they sponsor me
Old 01-20-2011, 11:53 AM   #46
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
...even when a mod is the OP.
Hey I just noticed that....Congrats! I also see you're just Harley now.

Great start and I hope to get my 4PL this spring (I'm not a big bucks 4PK guy ). Love my 3PMX thanks mostly to all the info I got from your 3PMX thread. I know the 4PL will be a great addition.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:58 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushlessnut View Post
im thinking about getting a xr 10 but nothing me ill want brushless i was thinking 2 old crawlmaster 750kv on a 3c and two q33 esc. but maybe brushed would be better after not crawling so long. one last thing i can stil use my nomadio react or is it not that good fo a radio any more

I use a Nomadio React for my dual esc set up. It works great. Every button is programmable. There is no need for a dig unit. I can adjust the dual rate on the fly for front and rear awell. There is still a 4th channel open for cutting brakes or whatever you like.

The positioning of the buttons on the controller feel comfortable and natural.

That being said, they are out of the RC business. So use it up till you break it or cant find V2s anymore. The pricey Futaba does not have any more features than the React, but has support. Thats where I will go when my React calls it game over.
BurnLatex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:13 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

Nice work So far Harley
HITMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:17 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Working on the Axle section now. Everyone be prepared though.....I will be recommending Vanquish stuff and they sponsor me
Well this is just a bunch of stink....think I will have to do as Just-n-thyme and not look in here no more.

[Great write up Josh]
BC Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:04 PM   #50
20K Club

Start of axle section posted.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:12 PM   #51

Looks like the Tools section got an update too?
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:22 PM   #52
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Fawker!
Old 01-20-2011, 06:00 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post

Nice thread Harley
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:08 PM   #54
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
biased jerk
I can't believe you aren't gonna suggest ALL of the other companies that make cases and plates with bigger bearings that hold up better... Ohhh wait, there are none.
dragrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:46 PM   #55
20K Club

Steering knuckles added to Axle section
Old 01-21-2011, 04:10 AM   #56
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I will try and get to some wiring diagrams for other setups. I have updated the second post with a couple diagrams.
Thanks Harley, when this is done it will help alot of 3Ch people who are new to the XR10.

Cheers for your help on this! Robb.
bogfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:29 AM   #57
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by saydee1800 View Post
Isn't that what the build threads are for
Not at all the same thing. This explains options and needs for upgrades. A build thread highlights a single setup used on a single rig. The reason it is done like this is because just listing every available product is a complete waste if a newbie doesn't know why to buy them. Then maybe I can minimize the ridiculous amount of emails I get (from you) asking dumbass questions on simple stuff that will now be readily available here.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:47 AM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by saydee1800 View Post
Ever piece you have on the top of your list is stuff on your truck.

No your right this is not the same thing as a build thread. It is a way for you to advertise and try to get free stuff.

Maybe just have one of the real mod's move this to chit chat or better your web site
Sayduh, you seem to have little to add to this tech thread. May I suggest you go back to the Lego Forum and spend some more time with the other children and learn how to act in public.
GySgt Hartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:10 AM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Here something I found that would be helpful for those using a Tekin FXR and Hotwire.

sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:09 PM   #60
Quarry Creeper

I think everyone needs to remember that we all started as a newb, and I will claim rookie as long as I can.

Harley, awesome job starting this thread and I only wish it were here before I spent my XR10 $$ in the beginning!

At the end of the day, every single thread in here will have some level of bias because it is written by a human being with an opinion, but it is the responsibility of those reading these forums to:
  1. Decide what you want to read and otherwise move on. Great Country we live in that you have the freedom to read something, not read it or get a can of shut the hell up.
  2. Pay respect to the person who started the thread by not coming in and trying to hijack it. Don't hide behind your keyboard. I am just as guilty by imparting my opinion here, but I am kind of sick of people trying to take over Harley's thread with rambling. It seems like a lot of threads (mine included) become a portal for off topic conversation and the person seeking help came up empty handed. And you wonder why newb's ask the same questions over without searching.
Good thing I am not a moderator, I would kick some asses off of this site altogether. Now that I am done venting....

Enough is enough, Harley please continue as I appreciate what you are doing and will continue to read it.
fiveo is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-xr10/293775-harleys-complete-xr10-guide.html
Posted By For Type Date
兩個電變,兩個魔打,兩個電池,一個接收(receiver) - 慢爬攀岩車技術討論板 - RC-遙控車RC-EVOLUTION遙控工房模型論壇 - Powered by Discuz! This thread Refback 03-05-2013 04:16 AM
可否請各位大大分享一下現役的轉向伺服機 - 越野車、大腳車、攀岩車 This thread Refback 02-14-2013 06:19 PM
www.rccrawler-france.com: Forum Dedié aux Crawler et Scales Radio-Commandé en France, Conseils, Astuces pour Créations Chassis Complet, News, Galeries Photos, Liens Utiles • Afficher le sujet - Améliorations indispensables au Xr10 This thread Refback 10-07-2011 04:52 AM
Crawl ANZ • View topic - dual esc This thread Refback 10-07-2011 01:53 AM