Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Harley's Complete XR10 Guide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2011, 03:28 PM   #61
Rock Crawler

Great write up Harley, People tend to follow the trends of the top drivers & I'm sure many people will take your advice for the things you reccommend even though you have many people hatin on you.

Your sponsors deserve the great words you are putting out for them, you support them & they will support you
BFGcrawler418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2011, 04:50 PM   #62
I wanna be Dave

I was in no way hating, but its the internet. Ppl with be dicks to one they dont know, or what they dont know. I was posting more options to the public. If you got a DX3R and want dual ESC's go wantAsummit mod. Its nice and small. Just got mine today. They are a little bigger then a CC BEC. Make it really nice to run Linear on the D button, 3 pos. on the E button and 2pos. on the F button. Simple setup and very easy to use. Just my .02. Go ahead and bash me for not running futaba. I got a s9157, so I am supporting futaba in some way.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:07 PM   #63
Quarry Creeper

My posts were never intended as "hatin'" on Harley at all. I thought everything was presented politely, and merely pointed out that Harley stated he would be promoting his sponsors. To me, focusing on a select group such as that doesn't make the thread "Complete". Call it semantics or personal opinion if you want, but I thought it was worthwhile to point that out to potential newbies, so they didn't think this was the bees knees of threads of what you must have to run the XR-10.

Even with what I personally see as faults, there's still tons of good info from an experienced guy in the thread.

I wasn't going to reply again, but it seems that my post caused a somewhat derailing of the thread, which I apologize for.
JustinThyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:32 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
My posts were never intended as "hatin'" on Harley at all. I thought everything was presented politely, and merely pointed out that Harley stated he would be promoting his sponsors. To me, focusing on a select group such as that doesn't make the thread "Complete". Call it semantics or personal opinion if you want, but I thought it was worthwhile to point that out to potential newbies, so they didn't think this was the bees knees of threads of what you must have to run the XR-10.

Even with what I personally see as faults, there's still tons of good info from an experienced guy in the thread.

I wasn't going to reply again, but it seems that my post caused a somewhat derailing of the thread, which I apologize for.
Agreed, on top of that a buddy of mine. the only one not into crawling yet, made a list of the stuff here Harley posted and is now scared shitless of even thinking of investing in a 300+dollar radio. So I think that everyone can post their opinoins of it. I myself have a good amount of money into the hobby and things like 400dollar radios dont scare me, but you can see how hard to aproach this hobby is when you want to go MOA with a parts list like that. I'm just saying, and remember. I'm not scared, other ppl might be.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:30 PM   #65
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
Brushlessnut has been around for a while, he competed at Nats and several other major comps back in the day, ease up there Mr. 2010
Noo I was trying to say like people who have no exoerience with crawlig just get the xr-10 just because it was a big hit. At a indoor course near me, there is a guy who has no idea what he's doing to his crawler, and he has the xr, it just bugs me alittle. Because most of them complain, "oh it's soo slow".. Do you get what I mean? There's this limit to what I see, there are people who don't complain and are newbies just goin out to have fun, and get help when needed, but when you cross the line, and have people who complain all the time and are newbies, it just ruins your day when your out crawling.

I wasn't trying to flag the brushless users with the exprience, more the complete newbies who buy the xr and just drop in a brushless.
MRCCRAWLER1.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:33 PM   #66
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepkid View Post
Agreed, on top of that a buddy of mine. the only one not into crawling yet, made a list of the stuff here Harley posted and is now scared shitless of even thinking of investing in a 300+dollar radio. So I think that everyone can post their opinoins of it. I myself have a good amount of money into the hobby and things like 400dollar radios dont scare me, but you can see how hard to aproach this hobby is when you want to go MOA with a parts list like that. I'm just saying, and remember. I'm not scared, other ppl might be.
agreed, anyways, if your going MOA, a 3 channel or more is recommended, so why buy the kit in the first place if your scared to pay up 300 or more for a radio? Yea thEre are some cheap Chinese ones too I bet.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:50 PM   #67
I wanna be Dave

DX3E and punk dig did me wellfor the time until I upgraded. All together thats 170bucks.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:53 PM   #68
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepkid View Post
DX3E and punk dig did me wellfor the time until I upgraded. All together thats 170bucks.
Totally forgot bout that radio lol
Old 01-21-2011, 11:01 PM   #69
I wanna be Dave

Its cool, like stated by the man himself( Harley ) There are so many combos and options out there that he is only showing the ones he would or has used. Thats cool with me, I'm just saying we should all put in our specs to keep it rolling for new comers to see.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:52 AM   #70
Rockin' in Reno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Futaba 3PMx Cheaper 3 channel radio will give you option for front and rear dig
Hi Harley,

My son has a 3pmx that is using with his Losi. He is thinking about building an XR10. Would it do any good to run dual ESC's with the 3pmx, or should he just run a punk dig with that radio?

Thanks,
rcjackson0926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:36 AM   #71
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjackson0926 View Post
Hi Harley,

My son has a 3pmx that is using with his Losi. He is thinking about building an XR10. Would it do any good to run dual ESC's with the 3pmx, or should he just run a punk dig with that radio?

Thanks,
The wantasummit adapter would allow you to run duals but without personal experience I can't say if it is any good.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:38 AM   #72
20K Club

I've got a couple more sections written, just need to copy them in an format them.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:47 AM   #73
Rockin' in Reno

Quote:
The wantasummit adapter would allow you to run duals but without personal experience I can't say if it is any good.
Thanks Harley.
rcjackson0926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:16 AM   #74
Rock Crawler

Some great info.

It helps to have things listed that you KNOW work.

Harley: I don't know where you get all your time to do these threads and builds

But thanks, it saves me having to figure this shit out.
aaugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:20 AM   #75
20K Club

I have a project I'm working on, once its done I will update all the stuff I have.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:54 AM   #76

Hello from France Harley
Just a little question for my XR10, which is the best width for rims VP, 1.00 or 0.700 ?
(Front DH Procomp II & Rear SLW v3)

Big thanks
Erik83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:04 AM   #77
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik83 View Post
Hello from France Harley
Just a little question for my XR10, which is the best width for rims VP, 1.00 or 0.700 ?
(Front DH Procomp II & Rear SLW v3)

Big thanks
I personally prefer 1" wide wheels.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:25 AM   #78
20K Club

Axle section updated.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:33 PM   #79

Quote:
I personally prefer 1" wide wheels.
Big thanks
Erik83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #80

i regularly look through this, well written, tons of infor for anyone that into XR10. much appreciate the effort had been put into this.

if the upper and lower links has more details, that would be even nicer.

well, i had some trouble finding some good links like derlin high clearance lower links.
kk_kk is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-xr10/293775-harleys-complete-xr10-guide.html
Posted By For Type Date
兩個電變,兩個魔打,兩個電池,一個接收(receiver) - 慢爬攀岩車技術討論板 - RC-遙控車RC-EVOLUTION遙控工房模型論壇 - Powered by Discuz! This thread Refback 03-05-2013 04:16 AM
可否請各位大大分享一下現役的轉向伺服機 - 越野車、大腳車、攀岩車 This thread Refback 02-14-2013 06:19 PM
www.rccrawler-france.com: Forum Dedié aux Crawler et Scales Radio-Commandé en France, Conseils, Astuces pour Créations Chassis Complet, News, Galeries Photos, Liens Utiles • Afficher le sujet - Améliorations indispensables au Xr10 This thread Refback 10-07-2011 04:52 AM
Crawl ANZ • View topic - dual esc This thread Refback 10-07-2011 01:53 AM