RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial XR10 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-xr10/)
-   -   Team Debead's Build (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-xr10/295513-team-debeads-build.html)

TEAM DEBEAD 01-26-2011 02:07 PM

Team Debead's Build

Finally! I've had my XR10 since August, and I'm finally ready to post up my build thread. This was my first kit build, first time painting a body, and now my first build thread. I took a lot of time building the XR, going slow to make sure I was doing it right.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/opPQaKsQp9Y" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Here's what's in it:

Tekin FXR
Hitech 7950 Servo
(2) Integy 45t motors
CC BEC
Losi Gold Springs
Hyperion 1100 mah 3 Cell Lipo
HB White Dot Rovers
Proline dual stage foams
Punk Dig
Traxxas 5x8 bushings to replace stock bearings
Traxxas 4 Channel Remote/Receiver (the one with a true 3-position switch)
Axial Hi-Clearance links (both uppers and lower rears)
Racer's Edge Servo Horn
VP C-Hubs
(2) Monster Energy Shot Motor Guards

I have Avid 9mm Flanged Bearings, but I haven't installed them yet.
Full sets of VP slugs and Axial internal weights on the fronts, nothing on the rears.

This is my first MOA rig and my first time using a dig unit. So far I'm really enjoying the truck and have been placing in the middle of our local pro class, which I'm very happy with since I'm still learning :mrgreen:

Pics of the guts:
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...g?t=1296111594 http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...g?t=1296111686

DickyT 01-26-2011 02:24 PM

Nice setup for a first moa! Congrats on doing well in your local pro class series!

I love the video, but I always love your videos "thumbsup"

Haastnooit 01-26-2011 03:37 PM

Cool vid "thumbsup" It gave me some new idea's on how to fit the elektronics in my XR10, it is the next step I have to take in my first moa build. Saw you modded the radiobox for the dig, cool iea. I really would like to see a gutshot of your rig, to see how you layed the elektronics down.

I was trying out some different placings tonight, but could not figure it out satisfactory. My setup is similar to yours, I use DX3E+SR300/FXR/Punk dig/CCbec and some small lipo's.

stelerzman 01-26-2011 04:15 PM

great vid. great job on the xr10. keep it up"thumbsup""thumbsup".

losichris 01-26-2011 04:15 PM

That video is sick!!! makes it much more enjoyable to watch than just a bunch of pics..."thumbsup"

TEAM DEBEAD 01-26-2011 04:48 PM

Thanks for all the nice comments, everyone "thumbsup" :mrgreen:

HSNT - I'm at work right now, but when I get home later, I'll post up some pics of the electronics layout. I know a lot of people have said they don't have room, but I still have plenty of space. I think a lot of that is due to the radio box mod, thanks to Scott and Don Hughes for that idea :mrgreen: With the Punk dig in there, my receiver, BEC, Tekin, and batt all fit without a problem.

dabbill 01-26-2011 06:41 PM

Really like the way the stockish XR10's look "thumbsup"

Greatscott 01-26-2011 06:52 PM

Good golly... the 100-Club will never be the same... ;-)

Schweet Video!!! "thumbsup"

TEAM DEBEAD 01-26-2011 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatscott (Post 2887941)
Good golly... the 100-Club will never be the same... ;-)

Schweet Video!!! "thumbsup"

The XR10 will hopefully keep me far, far away from that club, at least until we do a comp with more than 3 courses, knock on wood :mrgreen:

SDheavymetal 01-26-2011 09:33 PM

Hey Lisa nice video. Wow you build that fast. If you need your motor plate reamed out I have a drill press and a 9mm ream. I the picture did you put bushings in or bearings. I did the 9mm update allready.

TEAM DEBEAD 01-26-2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDheavymetal (Post 2888369)
Hey Lisa nice video. Wow you build that fast. If you need your motor plate reamed out I have a drill press and a 9mm ream. I the picture did you put bushings in or bearings. I did the 9mm update allready.

I replaced all of the stock, non-flanged bearings with the Traxxas bushings right off the bat, during the build. So the OG flanged bearings are still in there. Thanks for the offer on the drill press. Whenever I feel like taking everything apart, I'll definitely hit you up. Thanks Matt!

RCHuffer 01-27-2011 12:12 AM

Best video build I've seen on here so far. Doing homework before/during the build sure does make things easier. See ya on the rocks...."thumbsup"

Highlucks 01-27-2011 07:57 AM

Cool Build Video I really like that idea well done.

I like your paint work too simple and clean with a great colour choice.

Haastnooit 01-27-2011 11:28 AM

Thanks a bunch for the gutshots. Wow, that is a really nice spacious E-laydown "thumbsup" Looks very clean, I haven't seen many others as clean as yours. I will definatly do something similar, or maybe even copy yours. Great help, thank you.

[edit] Tried it out just yet and it seems the best way is to copy your laydown. Couple of questions if you don't mind.
Did you pad the bottom of the radiobox with foam to protect the circuitry on top of the punk dig ?
How did you secure the tiewrap which holds down the CCbec ? Did you drill a hole for it in the radioplate ?

I would really apreciate if you could help me out some more, thanks.

TEAM DEBEAD 02-01-2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSNT (Post 2889333)
[edit] Tried it out just yet and it seems the best way is to copy your laydown. Couple of questions if you don't mind.
Did you pad the bottom of the radiobox with foam to protect the circuitry on top of the punk dig ?
How did you secure the tiewrap which holds down the CCbec ? Did you drill a hole for it in the radioplate ?

I would really apreciate if you could help me out some more, thanks.

Sorry it took so long, didn't see the edit to your post til now :oops:
Yes I put some foam in the radio box. I think it was a piece that came with the XR10, but I did trim it in half to reduce the height and allow the Punk to fit in there.
For the BEC, there's actually nothing holding it in. The tiewrap is just holding the excess wire together. That bundle is big enough that I can squish the BEC in without securing it with any kind of twist tie or zip tie. I was going to put some double sided tape on the flat side of the BEC, but so far the tight fit has kept it in place just fine.

losiking1 02-01-2011 09:00 PM

Nice job on the video. Just came back in from shoveling 10" of snow from the driveway for a second time tonight. We're expecting another 8-10" again tomorrow:cry::cry:. On the bright side though, family is heading to Disney next Friday. Can't wait!!! Ohh and the truck looks great too."thumbsup""thumbsup"

Dark Horse 02-01-2011 11:33 PM

Nice video, Crystal Method tracks can make anything more interesting...."thumbsup"