Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Gear Options

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2011, 08:18 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Gear Options

I blew out a 9mm bearing yesterday and the balls took out the final two gears. I have read what people are saying about HR gears and the Axial gears, but I haven't heard anything about the CKRC CNC steel gears yet. So I ordered those.

Anyone try them already?

I also want to pick up a whole set of Axial gears. I saw where someone besides the testers have them already, but I can't remember who and I can't find the post. Where are you finding the Axials in stock?

Thanks.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2011, 08:26 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Talking about these?

http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/cnc-cut-...10-p-2946.html

Those are Hot-Racings...
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:30 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I have them, they work, I think they are out of round. I dont know how a machined peice can be out of round like this. Oh well Ill run them till they break.
oneeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:31 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

RPP has the Axial gears in stock. I believe they have had them for a week or two.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:31 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

rpp has the Axial machines gears. the Ckrc geears are hot racing gears, I wouldn't waist the money on those.

are you running the Vp cases and motor plate ? and still blew the gear ?
aaugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:35 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Rc4wd's will be ready very soon. I beleive these will be the best sets out....
Old 02-14-2011, 08:39 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

The Rc4wd gears are going to be the ticket. I'm waiting on those, have invested in any gears yet. Stocks are holding up well, but want the piece of mind from Rc4wd.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:57 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

beating the f-en crap out of my HR's 9mm bearing mod and a bushing for the spool/final gear shaft .....no issues with gears yet
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:46 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaugman View Post
rpp has the Axial machines gears. the Ckrc geears are hot racing gears, I wouldn't waist the money on those.

are you running the Vp cases and motor plate ? and still blew the gear ?
Running the cases with 9mm bearings. No VP plate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
beating the f-en crap out of my HR's 9mm bearing mod and a bushing for the spool/final gear shaft .....no issues with gears yet
Are they any louder or about the same as Stockers?
Old 02-14-2011, 10:02 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Last night murderface was running his rig and he has the HR's they dont seem to be any louder then stock.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:21 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

I need to get a set of gears myself. I am running both the VP motor plate with the VP transmission cases and I chipped two teeth off the final drive gear spool that is inside the axle casing. The stock gears inside the transmission case had no damage whatsoever though
turbobladz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:33 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Not sure if it contributed, but the long screw in the rear left of the bulk head won't tighten. Plastic is stripped. I'm going to make some new threads out of super glue when it goes back together.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:59 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

I broke the 2 final gears when I ran it stock. I ordered stock replacements and went with the VP plates and cases. Its holding up for now but I am not confident at all in the stock gears. I don't want Hot Racing junk, not more Axial junk(even their machined junk), maybe RC4WD, but I am really waiting for the VP chrome moly gears. Those will be the best on the market.
BurnLatex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:08 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnLatex View Post
I broke the 2 final gears when I ran itp stock. I ordered stock replacements and went with the VP plates and cases. Its holding up for now but I am not confident at all in the stock gears. I don't want Hot Racing junk, not more Axial junk(even their machined junk), maybe RC4WD, but I am really waiting for the VP chrome moly gears. Those will be the best on the market.
Hot-racing has a good standing with crawler parts. Not sure about the rest of the market thou. I have never had any issue with any HR crawler upgrade and I have ran a lot over the years. Tubes, knuckles and gears are all safe bets with HR.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:31 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

HR has horrible machining tolerances. It may work but its not nice stuff. My analogy... putting walmart tires on your Ferarri. You can but why

I admit I am faily new to the crawler scene but come from 1/8 nitro racing. HR is feared like Integy there. I am used to Kyosho and Mugen quality.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:54 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnLatex View Post
HR has horrible machining tolerances. It may work but its not nice stuff. My analogy... putting Wal-mart tires on your Ferrari. You can but why

I admit I am fairly new to the crawler scene but come from 1/8 nitro racing. HR is feared like Integy there. I am used to Kyosho and Mugen quality.
Since you are new... It's nothing like running Wal-Mart tires on your Ferrari. This is kind of a bad analogy. If you can afford a Ferrari your not on a Budget. Many of us are.

Now you will get a few machined odd mistakes and HR is very hard to get a hold of. But the cost 1/2 the price of others. But your odds are like 90 to 1 or better. I hear back from maybe one customer a year on a HR Item.

Since you coming from 1/8 racing... We are talking about a different kind of abuse. Crawlers don't go 40mph or not even 15mph... Most don't go over 10mph. We deal with a different kind of abuse....

I have ran Clod Tubes, Clod Knuckles, Clod Gears, MRC Knuckles, MRC C-Hubs, MRC Lockers, MRC Tranny Gears, Ax10 Tranny Gears, Ax10 C-Hubs, Ax10 Knuckles, and more... And never had any of these break. I have also sold 1000's of HR items...

I pretty sure I have handled much more HR products then most.... Now on the other hand. Anything like Axle Shafts or CVD's... They suck on. The Metal they use doesn't last at all.

Integy is about the Same with Crawlers as well.

But what do I know...
Old 02-14-2011, 10:45 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

I will heed to your experience and believe its not as bad as my analogy.

Budget stuff still has a big place in my RC hobby. I can't afford the best of everything when I want it. So stockers replace stockers until I can afford the good stuff. I just try to avoid buying anything aftermarket twice.

Dependability is a huge factory in winning or losing. Average parts can't be trusted to make it to the finish. Especially when you don't drive like a pro. I guess its how serious you take this stuff too.

Just for fun, it doesn't matter what your running as long as your still running.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:03 PM   #18

I run VP plates and Cases, HR Gears, 45t Tekin hand wounds, and 6" CI Sedonas with full weight in my VP wheels, and i have no problems. Just a heads up....
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:59 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
I run VP plates and Cases, HR Gears, 45t Tekin hand wounds, and 6" CI Sedonas with full weight in my VP wheels, and i have no problems. Just a heads up....
Thanks.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:34 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

im still waiting on RC4WD to release the gears they have for the XR-10 ....
strawb is offline   Reply With Quote